Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Looking Glass Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking Glass Live  (Read 4673 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

on: June 29, 2004, 10:55:00 AM

Patch today, the Looking Glass issue is live now.

Changes look good for a number of my characters, tho my friends with the evervation and ice storm debuffs can no longe rmake my scrapper do stupid amount of damage.  Really, very few nerfs in this patch.  Several bonuses to different powers.  Have yet to play with it, need to go to work.  I'll read about how it goes tonight.  8)

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:50:45 AM

Tailoring fucking rules.  I've now got three outfits for my alternative lifestyle tanker, Captain Pansy.

The original, casual Captain Pansy

The spiffy new battle ready Captain Pansy in the tank top of doom.

And of course, the gimp.  For when the Captain has a night out with the boys.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:58:10 AM

Haha, nice gimp outfit! Can't wait to get some new costumes, that rocks. The poor morlocks guild got stuck with Cosmic's color scheme because I didn't know you couldn't change it, heh. I used it to make Bizarro Cosmic, the negative color pattern.

The title of the thread makes me sad, though. I thought Looking Glass Studios was back :(
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 12:06:27 PM

Quote from: Sky
Haha, nice gimp outfit!

My friend, who's perpetually behind me in level, plays my sidekick Fancy Lad.  Trust me, if you think the Captain is fruity, you need to check him out =P
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 12:12:08 PM

Now I regret cancelling my account.  I could have had a lot more fun with my "More Cowbell" theme.  Different horns, white with brown spots, maybe a different set of shoulder pads...

-Rasix
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 02:17:33 PM

On a wonderfull note, both Ublemann and Unnatural Order are fixed, so my main can now procied back to climbing the level ladder.

WOO HOOOOOOO!

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 06:47:14 AM

I've got to learn to read the fine print. Since you can't open your second costume until you hit twenty, looks like I've got a solid month or so before I get to see one, heh.

*grumbles about timesinks*
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 06:58:05 AM

Well you can still alter your existing costume before you hit 20, if that helps any. Plus it's cheaper to do the lower level you are.

Also, my scrapper is liking the new critical hits. Heh, it took me a while to realise that the double numbers appearing weren't either my imagination or a bug :)
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 09:41:43 AM

Scrapper crits are luv. I realized last week that I had fucked up the color scheme on my scrapper (the top and bottom background color was slightly different, but you could only tell in certain light), so the timing on this patch couldn't have been better. Bit of a hairraising journey getting through SC at 8th level, but worth it for my peace of mind.

Unfortunately, I have now lived through the horror of two of the most godawful Perez Park pickup groups EVAR. The last one was a beaut- 4 controllers and 3 scrappers, not a lick of healing to be seen. After my third death, I decided that I was better off soloing yellow and orange cons and hoping for the best- I died less often.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 08:28:16 AM

Pickup groups in CoH are the worst ever.  It's a real pleasure to get together with the SG guys on the rare occasions that we can, just for the whole otherwise-impossible-to-have experience of playing with people who aren't total and complete fuckups (the in-game chatter is icing on the cake).
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 08:50:52 AM

I wouldn't say pickup groups in CoH are the worst...I think EQ and D2 both surpass CoH PUs for sheer stupidity and mendacity. It's a close race, you see, but I think the more established games have an edge on CoH in this regard.

The scrappers crits are a hoot. One shotting yellows and taking on +4 lvl minions...insane. Fun, but insane. I forsee some seriously green-with-envy posts springing up on the O-ffical forums. Thankfully, tne numbers flash by so quickly that the terminally dense probably won't pick up on this for a while.

I have mixed feelings about the tailors. Neat, but I feel left out. I like my present costumes a LOT (I should, as much time as I spent on creating them), and my SG colors cover my darker side. Hmmmm...maybe I need some street clothes or something really, ummm, lets say casual, to hang out around the bars in Gal City.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 09:04:20 AM

I don't really do pickup groups. I also don't play every damn night, mostly a little soloing and a task force every couple weeks keeps the game at the right balance for me. If I don't have friends online, I solo, if I don't feel like soloing, I do something else, like play guitar ;)

I guess then I'm still soloing, yuk yuk!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Looking Glass Live  
Jump to: