Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Return of the Book Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Return of the Book Thread  (Read 1298014 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6685 on: February 28, 2024, 01:42:23 PM

Some years back I read "Sapiens", which I forget if I posted about here, but anyway if you enjoyed that you might also enjoy "Hunt, Gather, Parent," which of the many parenting books I've read is the only one that I could see being interesting to non-parents.

Similar to "Sapiens", a central thesis running through it is that the way we're living (in industrialized societies) isn't anything like the way we evolved to live over the hundred thousand years before the invention of agriculture, and there are a bunch of associated costs that we don't necessarily think about much.  A big takeaway I had from it was "maybe a lot of people in this country are self-centered assholes because we've spent a few generations using parenting methods that tend to raise people to be self-centered assholes?"

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Return of the Book Thread  
Jump to: