Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A Congressman without his head up his... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Congressman without his head up his...  (Read 2065 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: June 29, 2004, 09:51:09 AM

Interview with Rep. Dick Boucher, D-VA

Lots of good stuff in the article. The guy sounds like he's at least knowledgeable about digital issues, as well as VoIP issues. Glad to know someone is working to fix the fuckups in the DMCA.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:56:51 AM

I am not too sure how far he will get, but I am glad the issue is being looked at again.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:30:56 AM

I don't think it will go anywhere.  If the BSA (Microsoft) is against it, that combined with the usual suspects (RIAA & MPAA) will kill it.

I hope I'm wrong.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 11:30:24 AM

This country is in DESPERATE need of a new national circuit court that exclusively handles tech issues.  Hand pick tech saavy judges for it.  Modern and intelligent judges do exist, but any given court case currently has great odds that it will get a nearly computer illiterate judge.  Normally I hate the idea of adding more shit to government, but we really need to get with the times in some aspects.  These judges could also hold some sort of national advisory position on tech issues.  That is my thought at least.

Not 100% on topic, but sort of.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 07:43:44 PM

Quote from: HaemishM

Is he any relation to Bobby?

Bring the noise.
Cheers.............
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A Congressman without his head up his...  
Jump to: