Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:00:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Diablo 2.75: Titan Quest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Diablo 2.75: Titan Quest  (Read 36322 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #70 on: July 03, 2006, 03:38:33 PM

Bought it.  With any luck it'll show up tomorrow.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 03, 2006, 08:08:16 PM

Well, the game sounds interesting, but my computer, she is not so young anymore.  I'm hearing that this game can curb-stomp even high-end machines with the settings turned up high.  Is this true?  Any thoughts on how it would run on a box that stutters on anything heavier than World of Warcraft?
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: July 03, 2006, 08:36:02 PM

I have textures/detail turned to high. Shadows and Reflections on low because I don't care about them in games where sneaking isn't the primary objective and the resolution on the next to highest widescreen mode.

My computer is just about 4 years old.

It runs fine.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #73 on: July 03, 2006, 10:14:27 PM

Judging by the system reqs and recommendations on the box, this game can seem steep...but you just have to know how to deal with the video settings really.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 05, 2006, 01:10:41 AM

I bought it and played until almost the end of Egypt, then had to re-install. Doing that apparently deleted my savegames (I was expecting an option to keep them like most other games), so now I have to start over cry . Well at least I can drop Earth for Spirit like I've been wanting to do since about 30 minutes after I trained in it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 05, 2006, 02:15:01 PM

So, the damn thing have no PVP and MP IS FUCKING OPEN BN ONLY.

It shouldn't get more than 1 point on 7-9 review scale and have no right to be called diablo clone.

Besides, how can you not implement the ultimate antipiracy system (closed BN) when you have a chance to do so? I just cannot comprehend how one can be so incredibly retarded.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #76 on: July 05, 2006, 02:36:18 PM

There is PVP. You have to start the client with the special '/pvp' switch on the commandline (or via a shortcut), and you will then be shown a list of all PVP-enabled servers.

Or so I remember reading somewhere.
schild
Administrator

Reply #77 on: July 05, 2006, 02:37:47 PM

Does it matter? No one is forcing him to play it. I think a game called Kitty LUV came out this week he might enjoy.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #78 on: July 05, 2006, 03:22:51 PM

Um, because Iron Lore is not Blizzard, and maybe doesn't have the resources to run all those damn servers for free?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #79 on: July 07, 2006, 12:57:35 AM

A few things to add having finished the game earlier today:

-  I kinda miss the overwhelming number of monsters that would attack you in Diablo.  You don't really get a lot of that in TQ.  Instead the challenge in this game is that the creatures start hitting a hell of a lot harder later on.

- As Schild has mentioned the end boss is easy.  He's slow as hell and if you run away from him and out of his area he'll break off pursuit and lumber back to his starting point.  It's all too easy to hit him a few times, run, and hit him again.  Anyone with a ranged attack can kill him without taking a hit if they're carful.  Also, once you beat the game, you can start out in his level (on the difficulty you already beat).  I could do a Typhon run in probably around 15 minutes or so, with little risk.  He might hit harder on lEpic and Legendary, but if he can't hit me it doesn't matter.  They need to patch in some better AI for him.
Yoru

Reply #80 on: July 07, 2006, 01:18:31 AM

Yeah, the end boss is ridiculously easy; my speed record so far is 6 minutes 11 seconds from start of that level to cracking the pinata. And that's with killing everything else in the level. I could probably blitz past them now. One time, and one time alone, did he give me a run for my money.

Don't let him ...

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!
 --> ... get near the Hades statue. He does a life leech/energy drain attack that sucks almost all your life and all of your energy off, fully healing him. <--
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #81 on: July 07, 2006, 02:43:52 PM

Ah, so that's what those statues do.  You can run past all those mobs and just kill the last two ogres, then fuck up the boss.  Takes like 2 minutes.  Which sucks.

Mastery + Battle = Dead Titan.  But I can't get him to drop anything as good as the first time.
Yoru

Reply #82 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:13 PM

Ah, so that's what those statues do.  You can run past all those mobs and just kill the last two ogres, then fuck up the boss.  Takes like 2 minutes.  Which sucks.

Mastery + Battle = Dead Titan.  But I can't get him to drop anything as good as the first time.

If you look at the lewt tables in the editor, he has a substantially higher chance of dropping Good Stuff(tm) the first time and a lower chance all subsequent times. You're better off farming chapter 1 in epic mode.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #83 on: July 08, 2006, 07:14:15 PM

yeah GameSpy used to have to leave too much stuff on my PC way back when.  And ya, the company to be had was forgettable. Some like it, but then some say pOtatO.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #84 on: July 09, 2006, 09:05:14 AM

If you look at the lewt tables in the editor, he has a substantially higher chance of dropping Good Stuff(tm) the first time and a lower chance all subsequent times. You're better off farming chapter 1 in epic mode.

That's a shame. He didn't drop anything good when I killed him. Just yellow vendor trash. On the other hand, I just stood there swinging my sword and occasionally quaffing potions. Very easy, no running involved. Maybe I'll kill him some more and try to get lucky.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #85 on: July 09, 2006, 01:26:26 PM

I just got an item that put me over 300dps. Kek.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #86 on: July 09, 2006, 01:55:09 PM

Think I'm at around 620dps at the moment  tongue
schild
Administrator

Reply #87 on: July 09, 2006, 02:21:27 PM

Think I'm at around 620dps at the moment  tongue

I'm straight spirit. When I say I have 300dps it means I have ternion maxxed out and that's 3 bullets at 300dps at a time. I wasn't interesting in waving around my FULL e-peen. But it seems I have no choice!

Work is gonna suck today.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #88 on: July 09, 2006, 05:17:46 PM

Melee is gimped.

Even with all the sexiness I just receieved (thank you!), I still have to run around with my dick in my hand.

Time to reroll something ranged! What's not taken?
WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: July 10, 2006, 02:57:35 PM

Even with all the sexiness I just receieved (thank you!), I still have to run around with my dick in my hand.

Just keep it out of your avatar kthx  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Diablo 2.75: Titan Quest  
Jump to: