Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Final Fantasy XII Release Date and Edition Details 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII Release Date and Edition Details  (Read 8375 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: June 29, 2006, 01:45:23 AM

Final Fantasy XII Release Date and Edition Details

Stolen from Gaming Age:
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced that FINAL FANTASY XII will be available in stores October 31, 2006, exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system.

In addition, a limited run of the FINAL FANTASY XII Collector's Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop and EB Games stores, as well as through the e-commerce sites GameStop.com and EBgames.com. Housed within special packaging, the bonus DVD offers Japanese and American promotional trailers, in-depth developer interviews, an art gallery and featurettes focusing on highlights of the FINAL FANTASY franchise.

FINAL FANTASY XII, which has sold over 2.4 million units in Japan since its release on March 16, 2006, will retail for a suggested retail price of $49.99 (USD) and $59.99 (USD) for the Collector's Edition.

There are very few companies who can give out an extra DVD with CGI and an art gallery on it and sell it for $10. Square is one of those companies. Look at Advent Children - they sold some CGI for $20+. So, this will be the first new Final Fantasy game I've bought (new) since VII. I purchased VIII used and then swore off of it - which was pretty good timing considering the chick flicks they put out with X and X-2. Hopefully they're leaving the Oxygen Network school of game design with this title. Though, I already fear they're going back to it with XIII. There must be a reason they're bringing out 97 different versions of XIII since the main one features a female chick with long pink hair who kicks a lot.

Anyway, $59.99 and Halloween. Shouldn't be too hard to remember.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:47:34 AM

I don't like what I titled this article. Anyway, to derail my own topic - impressions of Titan Quest forthcoming. I've logged about 7 hours on it today.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:53:40 AM

Just delete everything and start over.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 01:55:08 AM

Lol. I assume you're referring to the title. Nah, it's fine. I'm just buggered that playing a Diablo clone made my writing ability take a nose dive.

I don't think I've blinked for the past 7 hours either. My eyes are crusty. But I have lewts.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 02:42:29 AM

How much is it and when will it be out?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 04:41:18 AM

Don't know, article doesn't say.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 07:28:52 AM

Well there is one thing that is clear already.

The PAL conversion will suck just like on their last titles.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:38 AM

FF hasn't been good since VI, or in other words since the PS1 allowed them to replace the blobby little pixel guys with faggoty anime femboys.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 10:20:37 AM

You'd think they'd have this language translation thing down pat by now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:21:59 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 10:25:36 AM

You'd think they'd have this lanuage translation thing down pat by now.

But that would destroy the market for exported copies of J-FF, to be purchased by the h4rdc0r3 fanbois who will then later go out and get the E-FF. In a collector's edition, if possible.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 11:12:33 AM

FF6 was the best but 7 isn't bad.  9 was waaaay too Disney-ish and cured me of my fanboi-ism.  The only thing it was missing was mickey mouse in a wizard's hat.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:45:41 AM

Agree+1

IX was the first FF I just completely dropped because I couldn't stand the characters/story.  In fact I think FFIX is the reason I never owned a PS2.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 12:11:29 AM

Agree+1

IX was the first FF I just completely dropped because I couldn't stand the characters/story.  In fact I think FFIX is the reason I never owned a PS2.

Meh, I at least liked what they were trying to do with IX more than with, say VIII or X.  IX just seemed like a happier game than the angsty overblown melodrama that the series is otherwise moving towards.  I never got very far in it (I can never beat these games) but I thought the atmosphere was neat, as far as I saw, anyway.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 09:17:46 AM

The story in IX never caught me, I think because I did not care for most of the characters, including the bad guy.  While I couldn't stand the main characters of VIII and X, both had a supporting cast I liked which made learning their stories interesting.

I know it would be hard to give so many perspectives, but I would love a FF game where you can choose which of the group the story revolves around.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Final Fantasy XII Release Date and Edition Details  
Jump to: