Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 0.0 Ratting Domi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 0.0 Ratting Domi  (Read 5492 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

on: June 28, 2006, 09:41:26 AM

Thought I'd post this here since I know of a few Domi users outside the corp...
Currently using this setup to eat Angels, just wondering how I could improve it. 

H:  4x 250mm Railgun (medium gun), 1x Heavy Nos, 1x Tractor Beam. 
M: Named BS AB, X5 Web, 3x Cap Rechargers. 
L:  1 Large Named Armor Rep, 1 Med T2 Armor Rep, 3 hardeners (Kin/Exp/Therm/), Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane, 1x Power Diagnostic Sytem.

Current dronebay holds 7 heavy (exp), 7 light (exp).  Lots of room for more, but I don't need it and don't feel like taking the chance of losing extra.

Mediums guns because I lack Gunnery V for large guns.  Will remedy that in the next week or two. 
Not sure if Cap rechargers are the best use for my extra mids.  And the web barely seems useful, since I do most of my damage through drones. 
Tank seems ok, but I haven't tried the triple 1.5m BS spawn test yet.  I'm not sure it'd pass right now. That PDS is there because I wasn't sure what else to put in.  I really like the T2 Med Rep, I can run it with barely any cap loss and it does a great job; the large is usually just backup.

Advice on improving it?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:29:46 PM

for pvp troubles swap a cap recharger for a cap booster, maybe 1 multispec for another cap recharger.

Or a WCS for the PDS as well  :-D
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:23:14 PM

What you have there is actually a PvP dom except for the tractor beam.  For ratting, each type of rat does two types of damage, and you'll set up to tank those two types.  You could rat in that as-is, but you wouldn't be taking out any triple 1M+ bounty spawns.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 07:06:04 AM

If you're doing most of your damage with drones I'd lose the webber because it makes it harder for the drones to hit for some reason. I'd switch to a target painter or targeting computer if I were you.

You might also think about using some of the special drone modules. I can't remember what they're called right now but there's one that increases your drones range which is nice and another makes them fly faster. Those take a medium and a high slot. I'm a big fan of cap rechargers myself but you may not need them for 0.0 ratting.

Also, it's really easy to get tech 2 small and medium drones. All you need is Scout Drones 5 and thats only a 5 day skill.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 10:03:10 AM

Small update:  Took out the web, put in a 20k scrambler.  This is 0.0, after all.  evil  Also dropped the PDS for a lowslot 20% cap recharger to help the tank. 

Mahrin, for a real pve tank, should I just use two Kinetic and Explosive Hardeners, dropping the thermal and membrane?

Using my current setup I can take out a triple 950k spawn (tricky) or a double 1.5m spawn, but not anything bigger than those two.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:38:40 AM

Once you get above 950k with these angels, the resist situation becomes a bit muddled, because some of the really big rats switch up their damage type to thermal or EM.

It's really annoying.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:23:15 AM

Small update:  Took out the web, put in a 20k scrambler.  This is 0.0, after all.  evil  Also dropped the PDS for a lowslot 20% cap recharger to help the tank. 

Mahrin, for a real pve tank, should I just use two Kinetic and Explosive Hardeners, dropping the thermal and membrane?

Using my current setup I can take out a triple 950k spawn (tricky) or a double 1.5m spawn, but not anything bigger than those two.
So what'd you change to take out the triple 1.5Ms? Using two explosive hardeners?
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:49:05 AM

Yeah, I redid the tank - two explosive and two kinetic hardeners.  I rarely need to turn on the large rep (which is good because it eats through my cap); the T2 medium armor rep is usually enough.  I should probably try using two medium reps and see how much cap that uses, but I'm lazy. 

I think I can do everything now but those Angels who do different damage types, like Saints.  Had a 1.1m triple spawn of those this morning that went halfway through my tank before I even cleared the smaller ships.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 10:31:34 AM

I'm not too sure about Angels, I'm used to Bloods (who *always* do EM/Thermal).  Bloods are notoriously easy NPC's, though, triple 1.5M spawns in other types may be only for those with the uber skills.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:11:50 AM

I've got 5m skillpoints and change, certainly not uber, and I can handle the triple 1.5 spawns without too much trouble.  There are just certain angel BS's that do damage other than kinetic and explosive. 

Just wait till I get large guns on this boat and Gallente BS above II  smiley
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:16:24 PM

I should probably try using two medium reps and see how much cap that uses, but I'm lazy. 
The math works out that 2 of the next size smaller boosters/reps are equal to one of the next size up. In HP repaired, and more or less in cap. The HP is exact, the cap I haven't quite figured out yet. It's close to double, though. Might have to do with Repair Systems/Shield Compensation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 0.0 Ratting Domi  
Jump to: