Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Reg Farming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reg Farming  (Read 6823 times)
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

on: June 27, 2006, 12:12:31 PM

I found a place to farm regs and also make about 9k in 1 - 2 hours.  The 9k does not include the money you save on buying regs.  I farmed about 120 of each last night doing this.  The fame and karma are no good though.  If you would like to know this place, send me a PM.  I don't want other people reading this and using my hunting space. 
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 12:34:55 PM

Any place where you can hunt and actually come out on top with more regs than ya started is pretty cool :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 01:19:12 PM

Why dont't you guys just get a tamer up to 80 taming and make the real cash?  Last time I checked 40k+ at tons of locations > 9k per hour.  And it costs nothing but a few bandaids.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 01:23:09 PM

Ya Chedd, you NEVER have to spend cash on dragons! lmao

Just kidding, im sure you've gotten better over time :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:26:11 PM

Most my dragons have been free.  The tamers who will talk to you are surprisingly friendly, and there are only a few whom can tame dragons. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 10:24:44 PM

I played on a shard with evolution dragons and it really made me hate taming.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:14:04 AM

Another place where you can buy regs cheap is Vesper Bank area.  There's 2 vendors out there that are selling the pricey reagants (black pearl and such) for 4gold each and then the others for 2gold each.  Plus they carry 999 of each reagant.  I'd suggest you buy em up while its there.  If the vendors are empty just wait for a server save to happen and they are restocked back to 999.

You do not have to be part of any faction to buy this.  I have been buying them up with Chinchilla.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 06:44:14 AM

What are "evolution dragons" ?
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 07:31:17 AM

Its a dragon that is hatched from an egg and eventually evolves into a god like creature.

It starts as a snake, turns into a mongbat, an imp, a small drake, a drake, a dragon, an elder dragon, then a kick ass dragon that kills in one hit.  They have an insane amount of life and you have to make them gain skills and stat by having them attack and "evolve" through the previously mentioned steps.  It does take a lot of work though. 
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 07:59:37 AM

Its a dragon that is hatched from an egg and eventually evolves into a god like creature.

It starts as a snake, turns into a mongbat, an imp, a small drake, a drake, a dragon, an elder dragon, then a kick ass dragon that kills in one hit.  They have an insane amount of life and you have to make them gain skills and stat by having them attack and "evolve" through the previously mentioned steps.  It does take a lot of work though. 

That's a pretty cool concept.  Now that I think about it.  UO did pave the way for some nice pet systems that many current MMO's use today.  They evolved that part of the game quite a bit from the original taming days.

Well, the one-hit thing sucks though.  Nobody should have that kind of power regardless of effort.  Plus, using any other method for PvE farming just pales in comparison to taming.  Bards are second, but not even close.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 08:47:25 AM

I remember seeing those on a server once.  I have always thought they might be semi-neat for the ppl that enjoy that stuff (like having a Tamagouchi), but I don't agree with them being ungodly strong.  They should be pretty strong, but not THAT strong.

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:26 AM

The whole idea is pretty awesome, except the part where they one-hit kill you.  Typical mudflation though.

Witty banter not included.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 09:26:24 AM

The whole idea is pretty awesome, except the part where they one-hit kill you.  Typical mudflation though.

I was thinking mudflation too, but UO has done a pretty good job of directing the mudflation to unsubstantial things such as fabric colors, different mounts, etc.  Other than the whole revamp on weapons and materials that took the emphasis away from skill to items, the added bonuses for being around longer than others was not directly tied to your ability to kill in game.

This dragon thing is completely against that trend though.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 12:11:06 PM

Where do we get one of these?  I WANT IT!

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 12:19:10 PM

Other than the whole revamp on weapons and materials that took the emphasis away from skill to items,

Awwww shit!  EA/OSI UO has done this shit too?? W T F!!!  Fucking EQ1 started that fucking trend and now practically EVERY game (except for Shadowbane) after that has had this shit. 

EQ2, WoW, DAoC (not as much as the others, but still... its there), AC2, this fucking list can go on and on.  Damn it I'm getting so fed up with games that do that shit.  They keep you around by making you go fight better mobs for bigger loot so that yuo can compete.  Without that gear you don't stand a chance in hell.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 01:15:43 PM

Hrm, are you all saying I should make a tamer to make the mad cash? Cause my thief is hurting. Thank god for no risk!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 01:28:07 PM

Hrm, are you all saying I should make a tamer to make the mad cash? Cause my thief is hurting. Thank god for no risk!

Yes.  Honestly its the only sane thing to do.  Figure you can take a naked tamer and within a week start toting dragons at no cost (as I did), and compare it to a provoker/mage/fill in the blank who takes a week, may cost upwards of 100k to level, and is capped at around 10k per hour (compared to 40k per hour).  Fuck grammar.  I am right.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 01:30:06 PM

Yes, yes I am.  You will have to put up with being called a ghey tamer and the biggest PK target in a group, but otherwise, yes!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 06:15:53 PM

And so Grom Hellscream is born. My Tamer/Mage. I will pwn with this char and soon be basking in money and glory!
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 03:46:53 AM

You should tell about how the name came to be...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Reg Farming  
Jump to: