Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I'm AOL, BITCH! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm AOL, BITCH!  (Read 3017 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: June 24, 2004, 08:44:41 AM

Got this story in my morning Emarkerter email.

You've Gotten Arrested
If you're an AOL member who is receiving a lot of spam, Jason Smathers of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is at least partly to blame. Smathers, who until this week worked for America Online, sold 92 million AOL screen names to a Las Vegas spammer (Sean Dunaway, who has been arrested along with Smathers). Though he accessed the names, zip codes and other information from the AOL servers, he was not able to take any credit card numbers. Dunaway resold the list to other spammers at a later date. Both face up to five years in jail in addition to fines. The sale was discovered by AOL as part of a spam investigation.

We have a name, and hopefully a new address, i.e. the West Virginia Penal System. Anyone want to volunteer to break this motherfucker's kneecaps?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 08:52:24 AM

After a few weeks of trading some Smather-love for a few cigarettes, he'll get the message.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 08:54:33 AM

Personally I think everybody on AOL who gets Spam should be able to sue this guy to the point that even when he gets out of jail he'll have no money and will never again be able to be a productive member of society. Let him end up under a bridge somewhere with no teeth and his skin rotting off.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 10:23:02 AM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
Personally I think everybody on AOL who gets Spam should be able to sue this guy to the point that even when he gets out of jail he'll have no money and will never again be able to be a productive member of society. Let him end up under a bridge somewhere with no teeth and his skin rotting off.

lawsuits are based on damages. Until we agree to some sort of 'tax' or 'postage stamp' on our emails, we cant sue spammers because its not against the law to annoy you.

unbannable
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 11:42:17 AM

'Welcome...you've got anal rape!'

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 11:58:52 AM

"Goodbye"

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 12:02:48 PM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
Quote from: Riggswolfe

lawsuits are based on damages. Until we agree to some sort of 'tax' or 'postage stamp' on our emails, we cant sue spammers because its not against the law to annoy you.

Time is Money.

As proved by the annual cost to american companys in employees who have to take time to sift through all that shit.
personman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 01:38:10 PM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol

Bandwidth isn't free.  Something that after the dot bomb crash eWriters should now feel intuitively in their bones.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 11:00:59 PM

Saw some shots of that Smathers guy on the news tonight.  Looks like a pretty buff guy -- perhaps he knew he'd eventually get busted and hit the weights early to prepare for shower gangbangs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I'm AOL, BITCH!  
Jump to: