Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: So did you guys do anything Friday night? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So did you guys do anything Friday night?  (Read 5666 times)
Train Wreck
Contributor

on: June 24, 2006, 10:13:38 AM

I went to Wind with Lamp and Slack... found a great place to kill dragons.  I made about 8k in an hour there this morning and scored a grip of magic armor and weapons.  (Does Wind have a bank, by the way?)

How did that IDOC conflict go?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:43 PM

Been a busy weekend for me.

Hopefully be in game more soon...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:27:20 PM

I've been farming dragons in Wind.  Can't go wrong at 8k per hour, not to mention dozens of magic weapons and armor.  (I also got a T Map.)

I need to start sorting through it.  What's worth keeping?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:48:12 PM

I've been farming dragons in Wind.  Can't go wrong at 8k per hour, not to mention dozens of magic weapons and armor.  (I also got a T Map.)

Power/vanq weapons, anything silver, and fortification (not fortified)/invuln armor.  ID wands are also a must! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:16:45 AM

Some of us went to Covetous to wipe out the harpies there.  Nothing outrageous.  We did that until server down at midnight.  It was good to get out and get some rune spots and work out the stiffness in my hotkeys.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 06:43:52 AM

Power/vanq weapons, anything silver, and fortification (not fortified)/invuln armor.  ID wands are also a must! 

Force weapons and hardening armor are a hair better than GM IIRC.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 06:46:54 AM

We massacred those harpies Friday night.  Its was Dren, Slayer, me, my wife, and my friend Elu (totally new guy).  Something my wife and I discovered last night at Coveteous (helping her work her mace up while gathering feathers) is that you can us the spell "Unlock" on most chests in dungeons.  

Some may require Lockpicking, but we were doing it last night and got some nice extra cash/stuff

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 06:48:30 AM

I have actually not been to Wind.  Mind if I tag along with you one of these days?  I'm itching to check out Wind.  PK's around there or no?

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 07:00:47 AM

I don't know how it works on this shard, but if I remember correctly back in the day there were five levels to locks - Level 1 was openable by a newb, Level 2 took 70 lockpicking, Level 3 took 80, Level 4 took 90, and Level 5 took GM Lockpicking to open.  A GM Mage could open up to Level 2 locks with the spell Unlock.   Maybe that's the system that's in place here?

My memory on that is not so great and I could be wrong, but it seems to fit.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 11:29:45 AM

I don't know how it works on this shard, but if I remember correctly back in the day there were five levels to locks - Level 1 was openable by a newb, Level 2 took 70 lockpicking, Level 3 took 80, Level 4 took 90, and Level 5 took GM Lockpicking to open.  A GM Mage could open up to Level 2 locks with the spell Unlock.   Maybe that's the system that's in place here?

My memory on that is not so great and I could be wrong, but it seems to fit.

Exactamundo.  You can unlock easy chests, but the really nice ones (like in LL room @ Deceit, for example) require the skill.  Telekenisis always works, though.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 01:04:03 PM

Hey Train Wreck - are you a bard?  Is that what you are using for the dragon farming?
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 09:16:50 AM

No, I'm a Mage.  It goes through a shitload of regs but it more than pays for itself.  Bard would be easier though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: So did you guys do anything Friday night?  
Jump to: