Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.11 patch tomorrow, 6/20 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.11 patch tomorrow, 6/20  (Read 11650 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: June 19, 2006, 09:12:15 PM

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:17:27 PM

Damnit! This means I must update my addons and that all the decent addon sites will be hammered beyond belief.

Wiiiiii!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:11:18 PM

Damnit! This means I must update my addons and that all the decent addon sites will be hammered beyond belief.

Why do you say that?  Mine usually work, if I just check load out of date thingies.

I hate fucking around with mods.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:14:50 AM

Let's hope we get it on Wednesday as per usual.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 03:42:54 AM

I'll just cut and paste my response to pretty much every huge patch since Dire Maul:

More content for the vocal minority.

However, if I recall, there are keyrings finally in this patch, which is great since a decent chunk of my bank is eaten up with keys.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 04:46:42 AM

Yep, Keyrings Mage buff, AND the Argent Dawn stuff.  Glee.  Naxx, big deal, I haven't even gone into BWL yet.  However, it does mean that Battlegrounds will be purely pointless in a few weeks.

Also, for those who didn't log on to test and missed seeing someone show it off.  The Scarlet Crusdade now has a player-wearable tabard.   It's a rare drop off all the minions that spawn after you kill Herod.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:03:59 AM

Well, this download seems to be broken!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51:51 AM

Well, this download seems to be broken!

If you mean the "stuck at 83%" thing im pretty sure its because the blizzard background downloader has been going for several weeks so today everyone jumped straight to 83% and is trying to dl the rest at the same time.

I am the .00000001428%
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 10:53:40 AM

Technically speaking, the more people trying to download it, the faster the download will be, if they're using Bittorrent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 10:54:47 AM

That's the way it's SUPPOSED to work, innit?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 08:10:06 PM

Global LFG channel = WORSE THAN BARRENS CHAT. Mommy, make the hurting stop!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 08:37:08 PM

Yep, global LFG channel seems to be a place where people scream at each other about what people should say on global LFG channel. What they need now is an inter-realm chat system.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 08:58:42 PM

There has to be some kind of math equasion explaining it.. something like the stupid quotient is proportinal to the number of people in any given channel
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 03:53:59 AM

Yeah, here I was thinking Blizz couldn't make it any more difficult to find a decent group of people what with their seeming resistance to putting-in the old EQ/ COH LFG system.   And then they went and did it!  Go go Blizz Team!

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 09:10:32 AM

I can't remember what they had in beta, but I remember it worked.

At least you can turn off global LFG.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 10:31:05 AM

In beta they had a little box on your who list you could check to set an "LFG" flag.  Then if you did, /who lfg druid 60 you'd see all druids who were 60 and LFG.  Wow, how novel and early-EQ like. 

The devs said nobody was using it, and so they took it away.  Of course half the population didn't know it was there, because you couldn't just type /lfg to toggle it and it was hidden amongst the interface artwork.

Lord knows why they'd take it away if it wasn't used, but leave in the fucking meeting stones that nobody uses either.  All I can assume is the stones were some high-ups pet project and THEY think they're fantastic.   

If they'd just give us the flag back along with the EQ/ COH LFG window things would be so much better.

Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 10:33:50 AM

So what is this magical LFG system that works automatically? Meeting stones work, the old LFG thing worked, the old LFG channel worked. No LFG system will be useful until people use it. I thought that was common sense.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 10:40:31 AM

No LFG system will be useful until people use it. I thought that was common sense.

No people will use an LFG system until it is useful. When scanning /who results and sending tells is more efficient and yields better results, your LFG system is broken. I thought that was common sense.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 10:45:09 AM

do it the FFXI way - a LFG toggle that puts an icon over your head while you run around and a big button called "Find people looking for a group" that you hit and it displays a list of people your level +- 5 and up to 2 zones away. How fucking hard is that?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 11:08:14 AM

In beta they had a little box on your who list you could check to set an "LFG" flag.  Then if you did, /who lfg druid 60 you'd see all druids who were 60 and LFG. 

Oh, that's right.  I used it, and I usually don't like to spend any time at all finding out how to work the UI (I don't read user manuals either, I believe that UIs should be intuitive enough so that a user manual is not needed; it's a crotchety thing).

It makes sense and it's unobtrusive unlike the global LFG thing.  You would think it would be easier to put back in, since it was once in, than to make a new global channel.  You would also think that because it's a superior system, it would be used.

Sometimes I really wonder about how retarded decisions are made.  By committee, I guess.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 12:27:03 PM

do it the FFXI way - a LFG toggle that puts an icon over your head while you run around and a big button called "Find people looking for a group" that you hit and it displays a list of people your level +- 5 and up to 2 zones away. How fucking hard is that?

Exactly.  I was thinking back on all the games I've played and it was the easiest to use for LFG and for LFM.  While it was easy to use in that game, it still seemed like you could never find the character type you were looking for in a group.  Nor did I ever have the right profession up for what people needed.  Of course, WHM was a guaranteed ticket into any group.

It is somewhat ironic that the LFG system was much better in that game, yet the game itself didn't lend itself very well to PUG's.  If you didn't know how to play your role very well in that game, the party would wipe.  On the other hand, it forced grouping like no other!  Full group was required to take down a frickin crab at your same level.  Otherwise, that crab would kick your ass!  Oh Dunes of Stupid, how I remember you so.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 02:33:35 PM

If you are in a group or guild that likes doing Strathholm dead side be on the look out for an issue/bug/revamp we found last night. As best I can tell the crypt fiend bug critters are using a nax level attack now. Basically their old somewhat feeble ranged attack which did normal damage for their level has been replaced by the man eater mk10 version of it.

One shot of these thigns killed our beastmastery specced hunters pet in about 2 seconds. As a fully decked out warrior they were eating me up FAST. With healing I could tank them but holy crap each blast of them seems to do up to 2 or 3k damage. The worst part is they are fond of chucking those things around randomly so even if you are a good tank you cannot guarantee it won't get annoyed and send a volly at your priest and one shot them.

kaid
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 02:45:14 PM

Awesome. That's how that encounter used to be before the first wave of Strath nerfs. I reckon they've either intentionally fixed it, or accidentily un-nerfed it.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 02:54:15 PM

One shot of these thigns killed our beastmastery specced hunters pet in about 2 seconds. As a fully decked out warrior they were eating me up FAST. With healing I could tank them but holy crap each blast of them seems to do up to 2 or 3k damage. The worst part is they are fond of chucking those things around randomly so even if you are a good tank you cannot guarantee it won't get annoyed and send a volly at your priest and one shot them.

Damn, like Righ said, that is worth a chuckle.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:24 PM

hotfixed today.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 04:46:06 AM

Oh FFS.

Anyone any ideas about getting CTRA to work again ?  Downloaded the new version 8 and it's just not loading at all.

And YES I have clicked the load out of date addons.  Not that it's coming up as out of date at all.

Strange.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 04:52:51 AM

I haven't updated CTmod yet, but I had the same problem with the newest version of Damage Meters.

Check that it's unzipping to the proper directory.  If TS & the CTMod guys did anything like the DM guys, then it's going someplace wonky.   I had to physically place the files to make sure they were overwriting rather than trusting pkzip.

Other than that, the only suggestion I've got is to delete your wtf and addons folders, then rebuild your interface.  Isn't that fun.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 05:26:49 AM

Got it working.

Strangest thing, but there's now an option to load certain mods with certain characters (or maybe it was always there).

Anyway, that was the problem.

As to why, I have no idea...

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 11:47:19 AM

One thing I did notice and really like from browsing the Naxx related quests is that Tier 3 pieces aren't dropped by bosses.

The bosses and general mobs there drop these generic quest items (desecrated <armor piece>), and wartorn <plate/leather/cloth> pieces. You turn these in along with some other mats and boom, Tier 3 pieces.

That is a fucking great idea IMO since it removes the "fuck the stupid shammy/pally stuff dropped!" problem and having runs where nobody gets anything cool.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:27 AM

Yeah, prior to 1.11 releasig they mentioned how much positive feedback they got for the ZG system, and have been refining it since then.  AQ does something similar, but has the faction grind as well.  I hope they're going to continue to refine this system and implement it for the 5 and 10 man dungeons as well, thus eliminating a lot of the bitching all around.

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 12:35:42 PM

The people who gave positive feedback to the ZG system must not have been very big on tradeskills and multiple armor sets. My bank is already next to full thank you very much.

Wiiiiii!
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 03:57:58 PM

I like the token based set piece thing.  And the rep grind isnt really all that noticeable, especially if you are going to be running the place frequently to get your loot.  I mean, you get brood rep VERY fast in AQ 40 (lif you are below friendly with brood, you  get something like 10000 rep for a full clear of the instance, just off of trash mobs.  Bank the tokens the bosses drop and then burn those once you stop getting rep from trash mobs, and you can hit Revered pretty quickly.)

You still have to kill the bosses to get your loot, you just no longer have to worry about 3 weeks strait of 90% warlock / Druid restricted loot dropping off all the mobs. Each piece that drops is good for at least half of the different classes

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:24 AM

Yeah I think they hit the nail on the head with the token system, except for the part where you need 300G worth of materials just to assemble your armor. Add that to repair bills and consumables and your Naxxramas raider doesn't have much time to do anything fun other than raid. Not looking forward to that.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 05:46:16 AM

One thing I did notice and really like from browsing the Naxx related quests is that Tier 3 pieces aren't dropped by bosses.

The bosses and general mobs there drop these generic quest items (desecrated <armor piece>), and wartorn <plate/leather/cloth> pieces. You turn these in along with some other mats and boom, Tier 3 pieces.

That is a fucking great idea IMO since it removes the "fuck the stupid shammy/pally stuff dropped!" problem and having runs where nobody gets anything cool.
EQ did a similar thing with the Temple of Veeshan armor quest drops. Armor piece drop + special gems + talk to quest givers (must have enough faction) = uber armor piece.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 03:20:38 PM

Frankly I prefer this kind of method to the tier 0 method of OMFG 18 beast stalker pants in a row give me my valor pants BITCHES! method.

kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.11 patch tomorrow, 6/20  
Jump to: