Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Fight brewing for an IDOC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fight brewing for an IDOC  (Read 19263 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 18, 2006, 10:11:12 AM

If anyone can log on, do so...Its gonna get bloody.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 05:14:24 PM

Bloody it was. I was late to arrive but the guys did awesome

Chin
Ruci
Tragny
Lamp
Ain

and myself though the tail end of the asswhooping we laid down. Great work guys, solid loot as well. We have leather suits until we retire!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ruci
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:16:19 AM

Correction. We can bury pet bunnies in leather suits and still be able to be drowning in leather.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:16 AM

That was such a HUGE ass whooping!  They didn't know what hit them.  I remember seeing some of them saying "I'm broke, LoL... I can use it" and stupid shit like that.  My only thought was... "Who the fuck are you guys to lay claim".  Ly and I had that house down before everyone else.

There was nothing more satisfying than mowing them over like a lawnmower and then picking them off again when some came back (like Jon Solo).

I was so damn shakey and shit I almost killed poor I love Lamp.  I started attacking him with my DPed Kryss.  I think the lowest in health someone got from another player was because of me whacking Lamp. Luckily he didn't die and I backed off in time to allow him to be cured.

Only 1 person died from those annoying Bladespirits, but he was quickly ressed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:34:53 AM by Chinchilla »

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
I love Lamp (scrappt)
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:27:36 PM

lol dont worry u wernt the only who attacked me thing 2 oters did , I was like who the hell is corping me now lol.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:05:13 AM

Well, I got taken out by a BS because I didn't have time to drag its healthbar and I missed on the dispel.  I got ressed about 10 seconds later though.

I met somebody by the brit gate that claimed Jon Solo is a rl friend of his and was very amused that he kept getting killed.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:07:24 AM

I met somebody by the brit gate that claimed Jon Solo is a rl friend of his and was very amused that he kept getting killed.

If that guy was telling the true that Jon Solo was amused, then its good to hear that he's at least a good sport about it.  Personally... I didn't trust the guy so when he came back after being ressed, I killed him again.  We were still looting so I wanted to make damn sure he wasn't going to get anything.

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 05:16:53 AM

No, he was amused at Jon Solo's misfortune.  :-D

I don't know what Jon Solo's attitude was, but he should have expected to get killed over and over, especially after the first two times.  He did seem to be a bit hotheaded though.  One of his many deaths was caused by himself when he ebolted me while I had reflect.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 06:27:10 AM

Jon Solo is one of those reds that cant PVP for crap.

I have been running into some of them (Ive been on a PVP obsession lately), Id say half the reds are good fighters 1 on 1 and the other half just know how to gank and run from fair fights.

Also, dueling practice would be great for us. I have been fighting and watching some of the best fighters on the server and I'm now giving them a run for their money. Me and Anathema fought about 8 times yesterday, and he only killed me once. I made him recall twice I think, the other times were stalemates.

The best part was I was chillin in bucs and I rez killed this Red named Raelin or Raelis something who is like "Thats the only way you'll ever kill me" and he's like "Duel after statloss" so Im like "Sure." Anathema rolls up and we start duking it out, and go at it for like 5 minutes...that Raelis guy sure got quiet. Suddenly he wasnt so confident :)

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 07:24:59 AM

I would very much appreciate the dueling practice.

That's mainly what I want to do on Metropolis - way back when I played EA-UO I had every gimmicky template in the world over the years, but I never was very skilled as an honest-to-God tank mage, and I want to learn.

Tahz is now 8 days old and GM swords, tactics, wrestling, meditation - with 87.8 eval, 83.1 magery, and 68 resist, so I'm getting closer...
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 07:51:25 AM

I would very much appreciate the dueling practice.

That's mainly what I want to do on Metropolis - way back when I played EA-UO I had every gimmicky template in the world over the years, but I never was very skilled as an honest-to-God tank mage, and I want to learn.

Tahz is now 8 days old and GM swords, tactics, wrestling, meditation - with 87.8 eval, 83.1 magery, and 68 resist, so I'm getting closer...

Resist night tonight! At that magery level you will be a perfect candidate to Flamestrike people...good gains for you!

At that level of resist, you need to eat a lot of 6th circle spells...I set up a macro for ruci where I ebolted him with Dren and Slay, and had leeandra heal him...he gained like 10 points in maybe 2 hours. Black Pearl and Nightshade is all you need. Ill match whatever you bring (1000 of each total would be plenty, so 500 of each from you)

Eval you can Afk macro which is nice, no reources required.

To be honest, I was never the greatest tank mage. I already feel better then I ever was on OSI, I really have interupts down (they are the key to wins, along with good hotkeys and a Nostromo heheh).

Some of the main things I have picked up over the last couple days:

If you are the 2nd guy to get the Explosion casted, get defensive. I score most my kills on people that were just a second slower than me and still try to combo me.

Make sure you have a target self, and last target macro ready to rock.

Make sure you use "Use once agent" for your trapped bags. It is a gank saver.

I put my Arm/Disarm Halby on my mouse wheel for ease of use. My usual starter is weaken, feeble, Explosion, pre-cast Lightning then arm halby. Basically what happens is the explode hits...they may start a greater heal, you run up and halby whack (interupt #1), after the hit u disarm and get ready to release the lightning you had precasted when he goes for the heal or the recall. Now he is in trouble. Your explosion, hally whack, lightning has him at around 1/3rdish (maybe a bit more). After your lightning release (interupt #2) you IMMEDIATELY start spammin lightning on him (interupt 3 and 4). You will be just a touch faster than his heals and interupt him. If he was smart, as soon as the explosion/hally/lightning hit he would have mini-heal spammed or drank a GH, but if he didnt and keeps trying to Greater heal he is in big trouble. After a couple lightnings you try to hally finish or switch to the even faster fireball. If this doesnt work, you are low on mana but have enough to survive a counter dump.

Against dexers, its all about knowing their Bandage timer. Keep yourself alive until you can land a nice combo, then keep them poisoned so their bandage heals the poison and not the damage. Lights out. All you dexers better have greater cures on you at all times or expect to die by this.

Debuffs are your friend. If you are the first to get a Feeblemind off, you are in the lead in the mana battle. Weaken is the best damage/mana in the game. Its 11 right off the top. Clumsy dexers, and even tank mages to slow their swings. You could do all this with one curse, but they are the fastest interupt spells in the game. I try to interupt their initial combo with this. so that I can start mine first and put them on their heels, or hope they try to out dump me...cause they wont.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 08:08:22 AM

I knew there was a reason why I carry Greater Agil potions on me.  When we jumped those guys at the IDOC the first thing I did was chug a G STR and started bandaiding because I knew I had roughly 10 ish seconds of bandaiding and if they dumped on me during that time... my bandaids would have healed me up to full.

Does Greater Heal cast (and heal) if the mage is poisoned?  I have G Cures on me at all times.  I still gotta setup my macro's better, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Nostromo?  You talking about that Nostromo 54 or whatever that thing is that has mouse and keyboard functions in one hand?  I have that thing.  How's it work for UO?  Pretty good?

I'm really digging the dexxer role.  Oh and Magic reflection scrolls for the win!!!

I have not been able to get that "Use Once" agent work yet.  I think I might need to upgrade my Razor to the latest one.

Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:51 AM

I kinda heard it was an unspoken rule that feeblemind was not supposed to be used in one on one duels.  I always did it though.  I also think clumsy might be a good spell because if you do enough damage fast enough they will be extremely low on dex.  Actually, clumsy is a great spell for dexers to use on tank mages because they won't be able to run after you hit them a couple of times.  If you are a mace dexer you will really mess people up if you clumsy them.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 08:53:13 AM

So I'm going to be doing some experimenting with some tinkered trap boxes.  I think you can add reagents to them if they trapped, but not remove them (as in manually).  I will be experimenting tonight.  If it does work this way you guys want me to make you some tinkered trapped boxes?

*NOTE*:  If we do want them.... DO NOT OPEN THEM... I will be making the poisoned or explosion ones (not sure which is deadlier).  Those are one hit wonders.  You open... you die.  Simple as that.

I don't know how they work for thieves/snoopers, but I will experiment with that as well.  If it works nicely to combat them (as in... they snoop... they go BOOM) then this might be worthwhile doing.

Oh and don't open the chest I will have locked down at the steps of my wife's tower.  I will have that thing tinker trapped for all the curious ppl to get blown up on.

Plus this gives me an idea of what I can do with IDOC's too.  Oh the possibilities are endless!!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 09:10:01 AM

Nostromo?  You talking about that Nostromo 54 or whatever that thing is that has mouse and keyboard functions in one hand?  I have that thing.  How's it work for UO?  Pretty good?

As for any game, the Nostromo http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2071&pcount=&Product_Id=157024

is the shit. I have the gamepad all set to different commands. Explosion, Ebolt, Paralyse, and last target on that. The Red button will be explosion potion. The thumb button is use once agent (pouches). Then the keys are (in this order) Escape, Small heal, Greater heal, cure, Target self - next row - Weaken, feeblemind, clumsy, Fireball, Lightning - next row - Dispel, Invis

On my mouse, my large thumb button is Greater heal Pot, my small thumb button is Greater Cure, my mouse wheel up is arm, down is disarm and middle mouse is Ventrilo or Teamspeak. All this without ever hunting for a spell to double click or a key on the keyboard.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 09:20:24 AM

Yep, that's the sameone I have at home.  I will start setting it up tonight.  I'll have to download the latest software for it as well.

Thanks for the suggestion :).  I tried to use it in EQ2 (when we played), but it was semi hard to use so I gave up.

I'll have to play around with it a little more so I can setup keys for Mage and then keys for my Dexxer.  I think I'm gonna be playing the dexxer more because I am loving how he plays.  Love the rushing in, poison, hitting, and all out melee.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:23:07 AM by Chinchilla »

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 09:41:15 AM

Trapped boxes worked back in the day against snoopers, but they fixed it on production servers at some point.  For a long time that was all we had on in our packs due to the rampant thievery that was going on at the time.  It was always sweet to kill a thief that way.  I'm not sure if it still works on this shard though.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 10:20:22 AM

Yikes, I'm definitely going to need some dueling practice.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 10:33:08 AM

ANd you can cast heals through poison.

I mean , my write up is just one of many situations. There will be many times when its 2 on 2 stuff, but once you learn to 1 on 1 the group fighting becomes a lot more natural.

The number one thing is practice. The more you duel/die/get chased outta bucs the less likely you will freak out when you see "Some Random Red" is attacking you! I know a week ago, I was more or less intimidated by the PVP crew here. Now I feel I can go toe to toe with any of them. This is after 3 weeks on the server, and maybe 2 days of heavy PVP. Factions will get you experienced. Just have some ready bags to rearm, and wait your statloss out. Dying is ok, Fear is the mindkiller.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear... I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear is gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:42:55 AM by Slayerik »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 10:45:46 AM

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. "
Eleanor Roosevelt

In other words...Man up bitches, even Eleanor agrees!

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 10:46:05 AM

For a tank mage, what is the best armor setup?  Does leather interfere with meditation?  Do you just go with robes?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 10:47:23 AM

For a tank mage, what is the best armor setup?  Does leather interfere with meditation?  Do you just go with robes?

Full leather, it does not effect regen rate as far as I know.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 10:54:57 AM

The one thing I can't seem to decide on is if I should go Archery or Mace with my dexxer.  I like the Archery for the range, but going Mace and eating up someones stamina to switch out to my DP kryss or my spear sounds oh so nice.

What I haven't tested is how much stamina do you lose?  I would figure Tank Mages would carry total refresh potions on them and this wouldn't be a huge issue.  But, if it does tear up your stamina (and most tank mages only have 25) then I could see that being an issue w/ them.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 10:57:57 AM

The one thing I can't seem to decide on is if I should go Archery or Mace with my dexxer.  I like the Archery for the range, but going Mace and eating up someones stamina to switch out to my DP kryss or my spear sounds oh so nice.

What I haven't tested is how much stamina do you lose?  I would figure Tank Mages would carry total refresh potions on them and this wouldn't be a huge issue.  But, if it does tear up your stamina (and most tank mages only have 25) then I could see that being an issue w/ them.

Thats why Mace/Mages are so nasty, they start off with clumsy and you are at 14. You need like 10 TR pots to live through that.

Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 11:23:46 AM

My tank mage is going to have 100 35 90.  Is that a good idea?  I know it will help against dexers, but will it help with other tank mages?  I am hoping that the extra dex can get me a couple more swings and maybe instead of a halbred and I can use a bad ass double axe.  They used to kick ass back in the day.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 11:32:27 AM

So you'd recommend Mace over Archery?  Here, I'll clarify since the most common answer to that is "What's your play style?".

I just want to kill ppl.  I'm not worried about 2 vs 2 and such.  I want to clobber those fuckers and laugh as I pound ya to death.  The only reason I was thinking Fencing/Mace because Fencing seems to be faster and hits little harder than mace.  Plus I can DP fencing weapons which is ultra annoying ;).  So I figured I'd mace your ass and if you drink a TR Pot then I can DP poison you and you are up shit creek because you have 10 seconds or so of no more pots.

Or we can reverse the idea.  DP you... you cure it with pot.  I go to town with a mace.  I just can't decide! ARRR!!

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:46 AM

Are TR and GC pots on the same timer?
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 11:40:10 AM

I think all pots are on the same timer.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 11:40:27 AM

Are TR and GC pots on the same timer?

Both are totally spammable.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 11:40:59 AM

Timed pots that I have seen are Greater Heal only. I know you can spam GC and TR.

Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 11:42:59 AM

Timed pots that I have seen are Greater Heal only. I know you can spam GC and TR.

Explosion pots are also on a timer. 
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 11:50:25 AM

Oh really!  So only GH eh?  Good to know.  I didn't realize the others are spammable.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 11:51:21 AM

Explosion pots are also on a timer. 

Ya i kinda thought so, once I get a good explosion macro i cant wait to have another interupt at my disposal :)

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 06:33:19 AM

I have grim news... ... ...

My beloved Chinchilla was called an "ASS" last night!  I AM DEVASTATED!  I must now drop Chinchilla 100 times on his furry head and run laps around Destard with dragons/drakes after me.

Last night there were 2 IDOC's.  One I had found that had tons of ore in it and another one Slayerik showed me that had wood galore.  The majority of the ingots were colored ones.  Not many iron ingots (roughly 14K of those).  The coloreds had about 24K each (except for the REALLY rare stuff).

So here we are... its about 1:30am and my Razor script I have tied up with other stuff for IDOC's starts going off.  I gate over with Chinchilla to help my wife start gathering and some stupid ass comes up and grabs the chest we are moving.  He then goes "Just kidding hehe" and drops it.  He then grabs it again so finally I get fed up with it and paralyze him.  He then calls me an "ASS" and hides.

He didn't get any loot, but W T F this guy think?  You go messing with someone's IDOC that they have been camping and you don't expect them to retaliate somehow?  That guy is something else.  Complete moron I tell ya.

I also looted the lumber house.  I didn't really count how much wood there was because I was nervous about someone showing up and there was no room to place a house near it so I had to gate it out.  If anyone needs any wood just let me know.  Plus we got even more ingots to make you guys armor now.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 06:36:23 AM

Im going to see if anyone will buy some bulk boards on the forums...we will never use the 150k that were there...hehe

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Fight brewing for an IDOC  
Jump to: