Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Want to PVP? I'll 7x You 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to PVP? I'll 7x You  (Read 13595 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 16, 2006, 08:06:30 AM

Yup, thats right. Grandmaster Macroer Slay is on a mission to get a PVP buddy or 2.

First person that is serious and posts a template, I will contact you and we'll get ya a PVP character in a week. I ask you create a new account for this or refrain from loggin in as it can kill an afk macro. This goes for anyone...lurkers, guys that only have time to play for a couple hours and dont wanna go through the process. I just enjoy PVP, especially gankage group PVP. There it is, my 7x offer.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 08:14:35 AM

Alright, since you are so eager.  Let me create another account tonight and you can have at it.  I assume you want a dex monkey to go along with your super mage.  It doesn't matter to me really.  I've played all kinds of templates.  I'd just need to spend some time sparring to get the joints working again.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:22:05 AM

I could create ya an account here at work so i can get started....PM me or get on AIM/MSN so we can talk.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:28:42 AM

Or just give me a name and description like "Tank Mage" or Macer/Dexer and we can expeand from that.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:39:00 AM

Heh, just IM me explicit instructions :p  Liam needs teh work.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 11:15:49 AM

Don't forget about me.  Centurion is almost complete.  I need a suggestion though since you been out in the field.

Right now he's...

GM Fencing, GM Healing, GM Anatomy, GM Tactics, working on resist (I want GM),  what 2 other skills you think??

I was considering hiding, but not sure.  I'm trying to avoid Magery.  I was hoping for a pure fighter here.  Still got one more left even with hiding in the mix.  I am currently Parry,but I think I am dropping that.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:20:03 AM

Can you help me some Slayer?  I have a nooblet heal bot and will make my PvP guy tonight.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 11:34:09 AM

Don't forget about me.  Centurion is almost complete.  I need a suggestion though since you been out in the field.

Right now he's...

GM Fencing, GM Healing, GM Anatomy, GM Tactics, working on resist (I want GM),  what 2 other skills you think??

I was considering hiding, but not sure.  I'm trying to avoid Magery.  I was hoping for a pure fighter here.  Still got one more left even with hiding in the mix.  I am currently Parry,but I think I am dropping that.

There are few skills that are good in any template. Magery is one of them. It is total utility.

GM Fencing, GM Healing, GM Anatomy, GM Tactics, GM Resist, GM Archery, GM Hiding or magery

For factions, you will find there are some ranged battles. Strongholds being assaulted and there can be Poison/Para field stalemates. This is where archery shines. Hiding is great to avoid gankage. Magery is great utility. If you want to avoid magery, then go hiding...its a life saver.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 11:53:36 AM

I had a feeling you were going to say that.  GM Hiding.  I was debating archery, but wasn't sure.  I wonder if it would be worth while to even consider GM Stealth.  Seems like it would be neat to walk while hidden.  Walk up to an enemy.. DP their ass and pull out 2 hander.

Do you have a preference for a rag tag teamer that is joining you with the template I mentioned?  Hiding w/ Archery??  Hiding w/ whatever??  I'm not picky so I'm up for anything.  Stealth is probably a dumb idea, but it was a goofy impulse thing.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 11:56:06 AM

Can you help me some Slayer?  I have a nooblet heal bot and will make my PvP guy tonight.

I would start em off with 49 magery 50 resist and 1 healing (extra bandies). You can do what I am basically doing with Dren's guy. Get em to the tower, get your healbot like 1000 bandies...I basically started a macro like this:

Use skill Meditation
If hits >=25
Cast Spell Lightning
Wait for target (change this timeout to 5)
Exec: Self Target
Lift your magic wizards hat, and put it back on your head.
Pause 10 sec

This isnt tweaked too well, but is working ok for a quick macro here at work. While he is doing this, he is wrestling Leeandra (who i just tabbed twice so she doesnt fight back). I locked his anatomy so his punchs (and swords/maces later) wont hurt so much. If I had planned it better, I probably would have done weapon first then wrestling.

Leeandra has a macro where she heals him every 40 sec then herself after another 40. This gets tweaked when he starts hitting harder and more often.

So currently, Dren Por is workin Magery, Resist, Wrestling, Meditation, tactics, and a slow Eval gain (side effect of casting, and i dont worry about eval since i can make a simple all day afk macro). That leaves Weapon skill. Easy.

My only problem at this point is his lack of mana. But I figure, he is doing quite well for day one. Tonight I will setup a pure Magery/resist/Med gain so that his wrestling doesnt stop his med. Leeandra will heal every 30 sec, and he wont cast if he gets to a certain range.

Day 2: Lazy slay macro day

Med all day. At night when i get home, start him on his original macro for the 6 skill gainage.

Day 3: Heavy Mage/Resist training

mage/med/resist Hardcore all day. Nightime wrestling/tactics/weapon. After server wars, start Med or Eval depending.

Day 4: Lazy Slay Macro Day

Eval All day, Mage/resist all night. After server wars, start weapon training all night.

Days 5-7...max what needs maxing (mage/resist/weapon)

Hows that for a write up? :)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 11:59:38 AM

I had a feeling you were going to say that.  GM Hiding.  I was debating archery, but wasn't sure.  I wonder if it would be worth while to even consider GM Stealth.  Seems like it would be neat to walk while hidden.  Walk up to an enemy.. DP their ass and pull out 2 hander.

Do you have a preference for a rag tag teamer that is joining you with the template I mentioned?  Hiding w/ Archery??  Hiding w/ whatever??  I'm not picky so I'm up for anything.  Stealth is probably a dumb idea, but it was a goofy impulse thing.

Nice thing about archery is it is an awesome opener. Heavy Xbow from hiding hurts. Also, with a bow equiped, as soon as someone starts casting on you you auto defense fire. Thunk. Its good stuff.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 12:03:35 PM

Nice thing about archery is it is an awesome opener. Heavy Xbow from hiding hurts. Also, with a bow equiped, as soon as someone starts casting on you you auto defense fire. Thunk. Its good stuff.

Then Archery it is.  Have you guys figured out any fast ways to get it up fast? 

Fighting mobs day in and day out takes FOREVER.  Plus it eats up mana like a hog!  I wonder if I could lure an Ogre Lord onto a boat.  That would rock!  Easy skilling there.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 12:06:17 PM

Trap a high hp mob in your house.  Use a crappy low damage bow.  Stock up on hundreds of arrows.  Start shooting.

I remember GM'ing archery doing this to an ogre lord back in the day.  You can get pretty high just two boxing it with your other account too.  Do it against a character you want healing on.  Set the macro to start healing at a certain hp setting.  Lot's of ways to do it.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 06:43:56 AM

Slay,

For my part, I am doing the macroing myself successfully but I'll soon need resources when it comes time for Magery and Resist.  My template is a classic swords mage (Magery Meditation Evalint Resist Wrestle Swords Tactics) and soon I'll be done with everything but Magery and Resist which cost money.  All I need is to get hooked up with a full spellbook and a metric asston of reagents.  If you still need leather like you had posted about before, I'll gather as much as you'd like.

One more question - do we have to worry about Mind Blast here (Stat-balancing)?  I know it's a pre-Ren shard but sometimes these shards use a weird mix of rules.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 09:00:01 AM

Mind blast isnt a factor...we'll see how i am on regs after dren here :)

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 09:14:33 AM

Oh thank God.. I hated having to have gimpy stats just to avoid getting wtfpwned by one cheap-ass spell otherwise.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 03:27:33 PM

Hey slay, i've bought a house and will be moving so i'll take you up on making me an archer/macer or a mage.  I'll drop a line on the account stuff tommrow
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 05:13:10 PM

Ok, i wont be able to start until im done with dren...gonna be 3-4 days

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 10:42:57 PM

I need some advice for my thief.  It's either stealth or tactics.  I'm thinking tactics would be better
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 01:23:03 AM

Are you the old-school Slay from Chessie?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 06:34:28 AM

No sir, old school Atlantic here...I think I've heard of you though....you should come join us....Im having a blast again.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 07:38:23 AM

What's your timeline like Slay?  I couldn't get online much this weekend, so I haven't set up my voice chat yet.  I plan on getting that up and running this week again.  I started fooling around with an artisan type char. and work on that when I have chances.  He'll be my go to guy for necessary items.  I doubt I ever get him to GM level for selling much or anything, but who knows.

I'd like to get a melee guy started up too, so I could use a house to duel account train him.  I'll catch up with you more on this in chat.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 07:49:36 AM

Man, I'm a machine... Last I saw he's 99 Med, 92 Magery, 90 wrestle, like 85 resist, 85 eval, 75 tacts, 0 Swords.

I have an AFK Eval Macro going right now at home, should be near GM when I get back (barring server downs). I can GM swords/Wrestle/Tacts in probably a day.

If you wanted him sooner I could GM tacts, wrestle, Med, swords, eval, and you would get him with high 90's magery and high 80's resist (I doubt I will GM this for you, sorry!)

Then i can get started on jimbo's guy.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 10:26:18 AM

Sweet.  I can work on the rest myself too if you want to jump onto Jimbo's chars.  I just need to get the password from you.  I'll work on getting other chars to the house/s and into the guilds so I can macro up the rest.  The resist stuff can be worked on as a group like you said or whatever.
NinjaSteve
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 03:14:09 PM

Just a curious question but do any of you guys know if Parrying is worth having at all in PvP?  I know for PvM its pretty useful considering you can take a lot of mobs straight on with it, but from a strict PvP perspective I'm guessing its not so useful since there's a lot of moving around, fighting mages, etc.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 05:57:23 PM

Just a curious question but do any of you guys know if Parrying is worth having at all in PvP?  I know for PvM its pretty useful considering you can take a lot of mobs straight on with it, but from a strict PvP perspective I'm guessing its not so useful since there's a lot of moving around, fighting mages, etc.

In a dexer duel its nice, but IMO not worth it for the reasons you listed...i could be wrong tho, never really tried it

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 06:51:23 PM

In a dexer duel its nice, but IMO not worth it for the reasons you listed...i could be wrong tho, never really tried it

I agree.  You just don't find yourself in a one on one with another melee char very often, and if you do, it isn't that fun of a fight anyway.  In old school UO, dexers are there to assist the mage types to slow opponents down and prevent escape.  That's about it.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:33 AM

Dexer + Deadly Poisoned Exceptional Kryss = ownage!

Dexer + DP Vanquishing Kryss = O M F G ... WTF happened? Ownage!

heheheh :).  We whooped some major ass at that IDOC raid and it felt great to see me actually contributing.  Oh so nice to see them poisoned and dropping fast.   :mrgreen:

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05:43 AM

Ok, well Dren...I should have Wrestle, Med, Eval, Swords, and *maybe* tactics done by tonight. I'll PM you the info.

He left off at 93.something magery and like 87 resist. He's basically PVPable, but not 7xed. I believe I could have 7xed em in 4-5 days total, if I had the Sulf ash and Spiders silk.

Jimbo, please PM me with prefered account name and character name, as well as final template (or just tank or dexer). Also, if you have prefered hair style, facial hair and skin color lemme know.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 07:10:42 AM

Ok, great.  I need to meet up with you guys to get set up at whatever house/compound you have set up.  I have vent working and logged into the server last night but nobody was there to answer my tests so I'm not sure if it works yet or not.

Send me all the info when you do.  I don't even remember what account I told you to use, heh.
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 09:10:10 AM

Is anyone going to be available tonight to macro wrestling?  I need to get that close to GM.  I almost gmed swords last night.  I am working on magery now, but  150 of each doesn't last too long.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 09:27:49 AM

U wanna wrestle now?

I can log dren in and finish up his GM...

Might need to find a way to make some cash...ill try to get ya some SA and MR for getting to Ebolt range...

Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 09:47:12 AM

I dropped you a message in game.  If you are still around just message me back.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 09:48:57 AM

I will probably never get that message. Its at home, im at work :)

Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:47 AM

I am beating on Dren Por right now.  For somereason though, the healer is only healing my character and not dren.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Want to PVP? I'll 7x You  
Jump to: