Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Metropolis has FACTIONS BABY!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metropolis has FACTIONS BABY!!!  (Read 5378 times)
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

on: June 15, 2006, 01:30:28 PM

Factions Implemented Written by: Zen (64 views)

It's Finally Here
Faction bases have just been spawned throughout the world. To join a Faction simply locate the Faction base (see below) you'd like to join and double-click on the Faction stone. Factions must operate as a team to achieve their goals (capturing towns, etc). We believe this implement will add alot more fun and depth into the game, as well as team work.

Faction Bases
Minax - Mountains of Destard
Council of Mages - Magincia Town
Shadowlords - Yew Crypts
Capturable Towns
Britain
Magincia
Minoc
Moonglow
Skara Brae
Trinsic
Vesper
Yew
UO Stratics Factions Ovewview

Please report any bugs you may encounter

As promised we will be adding a special Factions webpage on our website for each Faction. These pages will contain detailed statistics and scores per faction. A Faction Leader Election will begin once there are sufficient amount of members in each Faction, this works by ingame voting at designated Faction stones (found at each Faction Base). Keep in mind Factions is a new implement to Metropolis so there may be bugs and other unpredictable mechanics involved.

Thanks,
Metropolis Staff

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:02 PM

Im personally geeked. I kinda want to make a new stone just for factions.

I guess it all depends, is anyone else here down for the gankage? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 06:59:57 PM

Im personally geeked. I kinda want to make a new stone just for factions.

I guess it all depends, is anyone else here down for the gankage? :)

I sure as fuck do.  My casual schedule is putting me behind some of you power gamers though; fishing is my current passion! 

I need to start macroing my factions PvP/thief dude.  I am thinking of a stealth/thief build... Like this:

Fencing
Tactics
Hide
Stealth
Magic Resist
Anatomy
Healing

Basically focus on being sneaky sneaky, sir, and carry a deadly poisoned weapon + explode pots for those whom want to mess with me. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:01:47 AM

I am SOOOO there for factions :).  Going to train my resist up on Centurion and gonna rock the house with him :).!  Gonna try this template for him for now...

Grandmaster:

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Hiding
Huh??

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:11:57 AM

I am SOOOO there for factions :).  Going to train my resist up on Centurion and gonna rock the house with him :).!  Gonna try this template for him for now...

Grandmaster:

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Hiding
Huh??

Parry or stealth.  Stealth is fun, but parry is better for those nifty blocks.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 05:33:57 AM

I finally installed my AoS client and got onto Metropolis last night for 10 minutes.  My first character will be deleted as I was just testing my setup.

Can you guys get a sticky post with character names, how to message, and the ventrillo server?  I'm having a hard time piecing that all together now that I need it.

My main's name will most likely be Dren.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 06:13:27 AM

I'll make a post again with that stuff, maybe we can get a mod type to sticky it for us :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 06:45:28 AM

I finally installed my AoS client and got onto Metropolis last night for 10 minutes.  My first character will be deleted as I was just testing my setup.

Can you guys get a sticky post with character names, how to message, and the ventrillo server?  I'm having a hard time piecing that all together now that I need it.

My main's name will most likely be Dren.

Ill update the guild message with ventrillo info.  Perhaps it is time we move to the F13 TS server? 

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 06:56:42 AM

Not like anyone logged on to the vent server....ever :) But Im up for whatever. On a side note, Chedd you wanna be guild master ? I kinda wanna place a guildstone next to ours for the guys that wanna roll in factions. This way we can seperate PVE characters from PVP onces so they dont get azzraped. lol

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 07:02:03 AM

Not like anyone logged on to the vent server....ever :) But Im up for whatever. On a side note, Chedd you wanna be guild master ? I kinda wanna place a guildstone next to ours for the guys that wanna roll in factions. This way we can seperate PVE characters from PVP onces so they dont get azzraped. lol

Not a problem.  Though control may be better off in someones hands who is on more.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 07:33:17 AM

Grandmaster:

Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Hiding
Huh??

Archery ,Magery, or detect hidden (yes, really...lot of hiders in faction fighting)

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 07:37:34 AM

I haven't seen any of you talk about paladin skills.  Just for giggles I started as one last night and the skills are there, so I'm assuming they are turned on.  I planned on using them for several of my characters since it is much easier to use for recalling, healing, etc.  It is a great skill for melee types.

No?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 07:38:47 AM

I haven't seen any of you talk about paladin skills.  Just for giggles I started as one last night and the skills are there, so I'm assuming they are turned on.  I planned on using them for several of my characters since it is much easier to use for recalling, healing, etc.  It is a great skill for melee types.

No?

Uh, what?  Let us know if it works; I do believe they are turned off.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 07:40:10 AM

Alright.  I didn't look too closely so it might have just been client side.  I didn't actually try the skills.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Metropolis has FACTIONS BABY!!!  
Jump to: