Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Making a craftard? Need cash? Come to Skara 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Making a craftard? Need cash? Come to Skara  (Read 5606 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

on: June 15, 2006, 06:29:14 AM

I'm averaging about 1300 gold an hour or so just making bows (now xbows) by harvesting wood in skara brae and then selling the bows in town.  It seems pretty solid, and I've only had one serious issue with reds coming along and corpse camping me -- prolly cause I had nothing worth looting.

Another nice aspect is that there's a moongate right there.  I am about to start adding trips to Jlwhateverheim to gather wool for bandages. 

All I need now is a good mining spot and I think I'm set. 

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:03:38 AM

If you are an 80+ mage that needs a way to get cash, you can come with me once to Ogre Lords so I can show ya the tricks. Its very solid cash, probably 550-600 gold per and magic drops and gems. I would say in the 7k-10k range an hour, its a good respawn and I havent seen a red there. The drawback is you need a lot of Blade spirit regs.

Some times, its good to be a mage.

Now a tamer makes twice that, and ill be finding out soon how a provoker does.

The nice part about the way slack is doing it is he makes money while raising bowcraft. Leather is also a very nice source of cash, what I did was made a tailor with 50, did cloth stuff untill 53.9 then started hammering leather gloves out. leather gloves take 3 leather to make and sell for 30 gold each. Now im at leather sleeves, 4 leather and sell for 40. With the failures I have, im actually losing some when I buy leather from you guys but its worth it cause im going to go through a lot of leather PVPing and it will be great to make suits!  Each bull will drop like 32 leather, a cow like 30. Thats pretty fast cash in my book.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:10:10 AM

You'll have to show me this nifty mage dough making this evening, I should be up to at least 85 magery by then.  Hell, I just had to lock my int at 101....didn't reallise it'd go over 100, heh.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:03:42 AM

Yeah, the fastest mad cash without going the ogre lord route used to be leather armor selling.  We used to wipe out fields of animals as a guild and have the tailors make armor as they went.  You can rake it in quickly doing that.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 08:10:03 AM

I have noticed that the north Jhelom bullpen would be ideal for that.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:44:05 PM

I highly recommend NOT killing bulls in Jehlom.  Reds love it very much, and pop in to kill tamers ALL THE TIME.  Plus most the tamers there have alts and will not hesitate killing you if you go there.  FYI, as a tamer I make 30k+ an hour.  Easily.  On average a run nets me 10k and takes around 15 minutes- costs about 2 gate spells and 50 bandaids. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:52:51 PM

I highly recommend NOT killing bulls in Jehlom.  Reds love it very much, and pop in to kill tamers ALL THE TIME.  Plus most the tamers there have alts and will not hesitate killing you if you go there.  FYI, as a tamer I make 30k+ an hour.  Easily.  On average a run nets me 10k and takes around 15 minutes- costs about 2 gate spells and 50 bandaids. 

Not all of us can be homo tamers.

lol

Na, it is fun watchin the cash roll in from a Chedda run. My provoker will probably make 20k+ an hour, and will involve a little more skill than saying all kill ...muahahah

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 12:58:32 PM

Not all of us can be homo tamers.

lol

Na, it is fun watchin the cash roll in from a Chedda run. My provoker will probably make 20k+ an hour, and will involve a little more skill than saying all kill ...muahahah

You know what? Fuck you!  I also have to say "All folllow me." 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:39:14 PM

hahaahahahahahah

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 07:11:07 PM

If you are an 80+ mage that needs a way to get cash, you can come with me once to Ogre Lords so I can show ya the tricks. Its very solid cash, probably 550-600 gold per and magic drops and gems. I would say in the 7k-10k range an hour, its a good respawn and I havent seen a red there. The drawback is you need a lot of Blade spirit regs.

I'm up for it.  My Magery is 93 or so.  BS gankage is fun.  I used to do it to the Wyverns in T2A desert all the time.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:56 PM

FYI I can show any warriors where to make LOADS of cash very easily.  I even have some spare silver weapons!

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 11:21:35 PM

I'm a tank mage so I can do either or.  My warrior skills are pretty low atm, however.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Making a craftard? Need cash? Come to Skara  
Jump to: