Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:49:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Monkeysphere 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Monkeysphere  (Read 1827 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: June 21, 2004, 11:11:22 AM

The Monkeysphere

A hilariously biting look at the actions of humanity compared with monkey society. It's a seriously hilarious read.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:57:43 AM

It's not like the guy's wrong.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:34:19 PM

The Monkeysphere Theory is a perfect example of why I think instancing doesn't take away the Massive aspect of MMOG's. Your Monkeysphere can only be so big.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 01:18:32 PM

My Monkeysphere in an MMO is probably about 10 people. That's pretty much my guild give or take a few I don't ever see and a few outsiders. The rest of the people in the game could die in violent car wrecks and my life would flow on normally. MMOs don't really count as a good base for that theory I think. Frankly, even if those 10 people bit the dust, I lack that tactile knowledge of them to ever really be emotionally attached. I'd probably just quit the game.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 08:53:34 PM

OMG! Each member of humanity has a perspective limited to their own lack of total omniscience!

Ah well, I do like this article on the grounds that it encourages open-mindedness and knocks down a few unneccessary hate walls.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Monkeysphere  
Jump to: