Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Bat Country (6/18) - people flock into the waybackmachine 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country (6/18) - people flock into the waybackmachine  (Read 15103 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: June 13, 2006, 09:15:23 PM

We got the guildstone placed; Slayer is the defacto guild lead currently.  Makes sense since he is on MUCH more than I.  I will use this page for guild updates/discussions and roster.  Can everyone who is currently active on the shard sound off here please?  Include your character names plus build!

Slayerik (Our glorious leader)
Slayerik - 7x Tank (Mage)
Leeandra - 3x Dexer (Sword person)
Chris Moneymoker - 1x Bard

Cheddar
Cheddar - Tamer

CmdrSlack
Slacktavius  - GM sword, GM anat, GM tactics, GM magery, GM resist, GM eval, GM med
Liam Donnelly -- macer dexer thief
Silas - Crafting nooblet

Jimbo
Guitarzan--  Bard/Mage--- Music, prov, peacemaking, magery, meditation, eval intel, resisiting spells
Scuffy - Pure noobie love

Chinchilla
Chinchilla - GM Bowyer, Smith, Tinker, Carpenter, 55 Musicianship (for instruments for you bards), 95 magery, 50 meditate.
Centurion - GM Heal, Anatomy, Tactics, Fencing, 89 Parry (may drop), 60 Resist,  for next skill.

Lemming
Mickey Fiddles - GM Hiding, GM Stealth, GM Snooping, almost GM Stealing

Tragny
Tragny - Macer stealth type

Ruci
MAN OF MYSTERY!

Train Wreck
Ain Gide
Clyde
Locke

----

CONTACT INFO:
Vent server: m-n-m.net
pass: mnmftw

Use "[msg" in game - just look for the characters name.

----
Currently I am looking to do some sort of guild event next week.  That gives people enough time to get their characters set and allow me the ability to plan logistics.  It will be a competition I call "Smear the Queer," and will feature fabulous prizes!  Currently I have 50k in gold set aside for top prize; this will be increased before we do the event.  It is geared towards fighters- No pots, no magic, no pets, no peacemake, GM armor/weapons, and band aids allowed.  Good ol' fashioned melee ability.  Due to the nature of the competition I will not tell you exactly where it will be; I do promise it will be interesting!  I could use one volunteer to help me with it.  The volunteer will not be allowed to participate this time around.

Also I would like to get adventures set up a couple times a week. There is sooo damn much to explore, and we need to get people into the lore of the land.  As such the history of the dungeon and/or area we will be crawling should be described along with any arr pee people would like to include. 

These are my thoughts, discuss.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 05:10:44 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:01:12 PM

Slayerik - 7x Tank

Leeandra - 3x Dexer

Chris Moneymoker - 1x Bard :)

Great Ideas man...ill expanded some on them tomorrow when im not passin out at the KB

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:42:14 PM

Slacktavius -- will end up with GM sword, GM anat, GM tactics, GM magery, GM resist, GM eval, GM med -- currently only GM eval, high 90s sword, working on resist, magery, med at the moment.

Liam Donnelly -- macer dexer thief type -- should be "done" or viable by the time the tankmageish build is ready

Silas -- my craftard.  currently working lumberjacking and bowery (more carpentry too now for random shit we may want for guild house), in Skara.  No idea what build this may become.  I don't know whether I'm going pure crafting.  Killin crap with my axe has been levelling swordsmanship, so I may keep that up.  I guess we'll see how it goes.  But hey, I'm cranking out bandages!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 12:24:36 AM

Guitarzan--  Bard/Mage--- Music, prov, peacemaking, magery, meditation, eval intel, resisiting spells

Scuffy--  Archer Dex or Archery Mage...haven't started training yet

Probably a crafter later on...
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:19:49 AM

Blargh, I still haven't gotten into it.  I'm just getting home from work now, and my schedule only gets worse as the next couple weeks go on.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 05:03:17 AM

Slacktavius' template just made me think of another question I have for you folks.

I take that build to mean that here, Unarmed Defense = best of Wrestling OR (Anat+Eval+20) / 2?  Is that in effect?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 05:06:52 AM

Slacktavius' template just made me think of another question I have for you folks.

I take that build to mean that here, Unarmed Defense = best of Wrestling OR (Anat+Eval+20) / 2?  Is that in effect?

Short answer - no.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 05:30:01 AM

Interesting choice then - more damage, but how will you avoid being interrupted while casting?
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 05:32:30 AM

Chinchilla - GM Bowyer, Smith, Tinker, Carpenter, 55 Musicianship (for instruments for you bards), 95 magery, 50 meditate.

Centurion - GM Heal, Anatomy, Tactics, Fencing, 89 Parry (may drop), 60 Resist, Huh for next skill.

More to come...

"Unofficial member" - My wife:

Syren - GM Meditate, Magery, Eval Int, Wrestling, Resist, can't remember rest.

She's enjoying being a "loner".  She's a rebel!!!

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 05:39:17 AM

Interesting choice then - more damage, but how will you avoid being interrupted while casting?

I think his focus is to open with a high damage spell (Example- flame strike) and follow up with mad crazy sword action.  It is a viable PvP/PvE template, but takes a bit more skill to be effective then other classic templates.  I assume he will have a bit higher dex so as not to get fatigued easily...

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 06:27:49 AM

I think his focus is to open with a high damage spell (Example- flame strike) and follow up with mad crazy sword action.  It is a viable PvP/PvE template, but takes a bit more skill to be effective then other classic templates.  I assume he will have a bit higher dex so as not to get fatigued easily...

Yeah, thats a dump and charge template. You have to be good with your interupts (level 1 spells like weaken are uninteruptable) as to not allow your opponent to heal. You also would have to spam lvl 1 heal. More effective in group than 1 on 1. Standard tank is -anatomy +wrestle

I was looking at a Med Warrior ... WEAPON, ANAT, TACT, MAGERY, MED, WRESTLE, RESIST (or healing depending on style)

A very hard build to kill, would have to balance your stats more with this build as well as use Strength and Dex pots. Something like: 95/70/60  - The Magery is there to keep you alive while you pound on em with your weapon.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 06:29:39 AM

So you joining us ? :)

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 06:35:47 AM

Sure, if you'll have me.  As a worthless lurker it was too soon for me to presume to ask.

I am macroing up a tank mage and in true noobler fashion, gathering leather from the animals I kill for swords skill.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 07:32:55 AM

Yeah, thats a dump and charge template. You have to be good with your interupts (level 1 spells like weaken are uninteruptable) as to not allow your opponent to heal. You also would have to spam lvl 1 heal. More effective in group than 1 on 1. Standard tank is -anatomy +wrestle

I was looking at a Med Warrior ... WEAPON, ANAT, TACT, MAGERY, MED, WRESTLE, RESIST (or healing depending on style)

A very hard build to kill, would have to balance your stats more with this build as well as use Strength and Dex pots. Something like: 95/70/60  - The Magery is there to keep you alive while you pound on em with your weapon.

My anat was raising anyway, so I just figured I'd add it in.  Maybe I'll drop it for wrestle, I guess we'll see.  I forgot about the no weapon equipped while casting thing.

EDIT -- My original plan was paralyze, nuke, hally whack.  But perhaps that is only viable if I get the drop on someone. 

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 07:38:26 AM

EDIT -- My original plan was paralyze, nuke, hally whack.  But perhaps that is only viable if I get the drop on someone. 

In my experience, that's the case.  Unless you surprise them, you'll be very frustrated when you're unable to get a spell off.  A dexer with a fast weapon will eat you alive.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 08:38:17 AM

Hey Cheddar... forgot to add onto Chinchilla that he is also a GM Tailor.  My mistake   :mrgreen:

Oh and your full shadow platemail shadow armor set is done :) so you know.  Its all GM made quality.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 08:41:04 AM

Alright, I am joining.  I am going to make a tank mage.  Magery, Eval, Med, Resist, Swords, Tacs, and either Wrestling or Healing.  I hate when I get interrupted because of shit wrestling, so I will probably get it.  My characters name will either be Fede or Minax.

I am thinking about starting out with med and resist because magery is so easy to train up to 40 and then macro.  Plus, that will make my resist raise more even with my magery.  If you think this is a bad idea let me know and I will switch med to magery.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 10:15:53 AM

Alright, I am joining.  I am going to make a tank mage.  Magery, Eval, Med, Resist, Swords, Tacs, and either Wrestling or Healing.  I hate when I get interrupted because of shit wrestling, so I will probably get it.  My characters name will either be Fede or Minax.

I am thinking about starting out with med and resist because magery is so easy to train up to 40 and then macro.  Plus, that will make my resist raise more even with my magery.  If you think this is a bad idea let me know and I will switch med to magery.

Well, Magery costs money. All med costs is a 13gp magical wizards hat and an AFK macro :) Thats why im quick to recommend 50 resist, 49 mage, 1 whatever

Healing can be substituted for magery in a dexer's case....

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22:48 PM

Sure, if you'll have me.  As a worthless lurker it was too soon for me to presume to ask.

I am macroing up a tank mage and in true noobler fashion, gathering leather from the animals I kill for swords skill.

There are no worthless lurkers!  Hell we have a few people that game with us that do not even have an account.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 02:25:55 PM

Your post count has to be over 500 to join any f13 sponsored guilds.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 03:17:14 PM

Funny.

"Me am play gods"
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 03:35:10 PM

Blargh, I still haven't gotten into it.  I'm just getting home from work now, and my schedule only gets worse as the next couple weeks go on.

Shard they plan on AFAIK has everything you fought so hard against. It has *gasp* PeeeKaaays. Don't do it, think of the children!

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 03:38:04 PM

Great.  The fucking circus found our board.  Shoulda kept it named Shadowbane.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 03:47:32 PM

If I had time or motivation to play UO again I'd go camp your house and PK you every time you step out until you quit. Incesting asswipe.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 03:58:44 PM

Incesting asswipe.

Translation?  Dood is harcore.

Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 04:16:14 PM

Mickey Fiddles - GM Hiding, GM Stealth, GM Snooping, almost GM Stealing.  Magery and lockpicking to be GMed very soon.

Unless you guys are on sometime after midnight CST, I'll catch up with you guys this weekend to get guilded.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 04:31:47 PM

Does the tower roof count as "outside" for hiding skill gains?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 04:36:42 PM

Does the tower roof count as "outside" for hiding skill gains?

No.  Anywhere in a house, including steps, counts as indoors.  Best bet is to stand in guarded territory, nekkid, and work that ass.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 08:35:59 PM

If I had time or motivation to play UO again I'd go camp your house and PK you every time you step out until you quit. Incesting asswipe.

I'm not a mod, contributor or admin, but follow your avatars advice. There's no need for flaming in this forum, and it is not needed in this thread. This goes for everyone. If you're just trying to stir the turd, there are plenty more in the bowl. We do discuss MMOGs on this site, you know.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 04:30:42 AM

If you are trying to GM Stealth use one of the easyUO macros.  There is one that saves a boat load of time because it doesn't hide then stealth hide then stealth.  It will keep stealthing as long as you are hidden. 

I am on right now terrorizing the bunnies with my katana of store bought power.
Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 04:56:02 AM

Okay, let me get started on that.

WoW sucks shit... LOL @ SWG, and... uh... wanna buy some v1@gra ?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 06:14:53 AM

If you are trying to GM Stealth use one of the easyUO macros.  There is one that saves a boat load of time because it doesn't hide then stealth hide then stealth.  It will keep stealthing as long as you are hidden. 

I am on right now terrorizing the bunnies with my katana of store bought power.

Hey man, contact me for guild invite. I sent ya a message last night but I assume u were afk macroing.

Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 11:00:42 PM

Got a couple characters going right now. One(Tragny) decent hide/stealth/mace/anat/tactics/parry/resist/magery that I'm not sure which to drop, may go half-and-half on parry and magery, and one crafttard(Olyndar) that's carpentry/tinkering/lumberjackery at the moment, made for lockboxes. Will probably flesh the second out with some more crafting at some point. Kind of want to fire up a tamerfag, though.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 04:43:40 AM

Got a couple characters going right now. One(Tragny) decent hide/stealth/mace/anat/tactics/parry/resist/magery that I'm not sure which to drop, may go half-and-half on parry and magery, and one crafttard(Olyndar) that's carpentry/tinkering/lumberjackery at the moment, made for lockboxes. Will probably flesh the second out with some more crafting at some point. Kind of want to fire up a tamerfag, though.

Taming takes about 1 week before you can use dragons.  I hit 80 and figured fuck it, I can always buy new dragons as needed.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 06:16:49 AM

What kinda resources must I find to work on tinkering?  I know there's tinker guilds in some places, but haven't checked that out yet.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Bat Country (6/18) - people flock into the waybackmachine  
Jump to: