Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: pvp ammo loadout 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pvp ammo loadout  (Read 1579 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: June 09, 2006, 03:34:28 PM

Is there a school of thought here? If I'm attacking ratters, I know to load ammo that does the opposite damage types to whatever the NPCs dish out. If I'm going after PVP folks, what should I use? A mix of different damage types? Spike one type and hope for the best? I don't fly anything with a damage-specific bonus.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:24:33 PM

Often i will use the ammo that my ship gives a bonus. But then I'm a noob and an idiot. What pvp i have seen, they will switch ammo types. Looking for a weakness no doubt.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:10:45 PM

EM and explosive are generally the least tanked PC damage types.  If you can choose your damage use those.
Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:57:10 AM

Unless a player runs with a several hardeners for EM, that will always be the most damaging type against shield. The same goes for armour and explosive damage.

Probably the least useful to take in PVP is kinetic. The Caldari's favouring for missile type would make it an obvious target to guard against, plus decent base resists mean even a general hardener can shave off the DPS. Not too sure about that though, opinions would be good.

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: pvp ammo loadout  
Jump to: