Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Another IDOC score 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another IDOC score  (Read 5951 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 09, 2006, 06:28:30 AM

That log cabin fell...Not the juiciest ever, but there are some very nice Vanq weapons, some potion kegs, like 4k ingots, some regs and such....Wooo

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:45:40 AM

Ah, I'm glad you were able to get it!  Our internet went berzerk last night so we were UOless.  So instead of getting our UO fix we watched some old episodes of Fraggle Rock that we got from Netflix.  Yep, we are little odd, but Fraggle Rock is still awesome!

What time did it drop around?

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:53:05 AM

Christ you people are vandals!  I am doing ok making money the ol' fashioned way; slowly closing in on 100k here.  Eventually we need to get something large and toss a guild stone on it.  I would love to do a castle, but that would run us around 3 million.  Good thing about a castle is we can mark a rune in the courtyard, toss it in a runebook, and bypass the whole trashbarrel/table security dance.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:57:03 AM

What era of house security does the shard use?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:04:59 AM

Things can be locked down but are totally lootable. table blocking or trash barrels or both on public houses seems to be the way, cause if someone loots your key they could clean ya out...

Yeah, IDOCs are my favorite...i spend a lot of time finding them though...I have a tower thats greatly worn, and a small tower IDOC im watching...fun stuff. The log fell between 7:40 and 8:40 , i logged in here at work and the loot was laying on the ground waiting for me...WOO

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:12:39 AM

Looking at our options, We could get a large marble like tonight if we pool cash. Its the nicest of the larges, and only costs 380k - next step up is tower... 1.3 MIL

We drop a marble, and slowly build up for the tower. Word?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 07:37:39 AM

IDOC #2 today...

regs, misc magic, about 1000 charges worth of ID wands...still going through the stuff....WOOT

EDIT: Looks like this guy was the king of Level 1 maps. Lots of trash magic, but a couple force + and hardening+
The usual 10k in gold and gems. Around 1k each reg. A pentagram, abbatoir, All-in-all, worth the trip.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:56:15 AM by Slayerik »

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 08:02:04 AM

IDOC #2 today...

regs, misc magic, about 1000 charges worth of ID wands...still going through the stuff....WOOT

EDIT: Looks like this guy was the king of Level 1 maps. Lots of trash magic, but a couple force + and hardening+
The usual 10k in gold and gems. Around 1k each reg. A pentagram, abbatoir, All-in-all, worth the trip.

Damn! That was that dinky little Abbatoir/Penagram one?  Little better than what we expected.  I'm SO freaking jealous you can get on while you are at work.  You lucky S O B!!

I LOVE treasure map hunting.  My wife and I have got a ton of em and we do them fairly often.  If you wanna sell me those treasure maps I'll buy em :)!  My wife just let me know that our internet is now back up (finally)!

What is it you do (job wise) Slayerik?  I think I need to find me a job where I can do UO as well.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:59:45 AM

Well, Like Soukyan and Zet found out yesterday sometimes i have to drop abruptly when the boss rolls through. Im a computer tech.

I'll see what i have for tmaps, that house didnt have any I could just tell that he was a t-hunter by the trash items he had, and gems and scrolls. He had some instruments and regs, so i pinned em as a solo t-hunter mage. :)

So far IDOC 1: PK or Heavy Order Type

IDOC 2: Miner

IDOC 3: Tamer or provoker

IDOC 4: Level T-hunting master :)

I have that tower scoped out, but i need to refresh my list and find a few more Greatly worns.... :)

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 12:02:18 PM

What boggles my mind is how methodical anything that was fun was eradicated from UO and systematically replaced with EQ-clone. Number of good concepts, that perhaps needed some work, that were torn out of UO and replaced with derivative crap just boggles my mind.

Good example is IDOCs – it was entire sub-game, camping IDOCs back-in-the-day was so much fun. On its own it was a minigame, one with healthy dose of PvP, politics and luck.

At one point UO was original title and over the years it was turned into another EQ clone.

I wonder what kind of IDOC I left in UO - my house was choke-full with real rares that various people left to me that I mostly stored in chests. Sadly I out-played (almost typed outlived) majority of my on-line friends. Yet I was peniless, never had use for money since my account always had GM mule and I didn't mind making everything I needed, even buying regs, myself.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:10:01 PM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 12:20:04 PM

They did away with IDOC's in the recent UO?  That's ultra-freaking-STUPID if they did.  Well it is with EA Games now.  Kinda explains it. 

I wish UO had just setup seperate servers.  One that was hardcore just like the UO most of us remember and then have the seperate "WUSSY" Trammel/Felucca.  I would have probably told EQ to kiss me ass after 1 month in that case.  I left UO to try out the "new" thing which was EQ (I did EQ's beta), but I got tired of it after awhile.  By then though UO had changed quite a bit and it had all the stupid crap in it.  So I just said screw it and cancelled and stuck it out with EQ.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 09:04:36 PM

Houses only collapse now when a player is banned or their account goes inactive for X amount of time.  So you don't get the "Haha, someone forgot to log into UO for a week because his mother died!" IDOC, but they do still happen, and the ones that happen in Felucca are reputedly quite violent.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 01:19:15 PM

So you don't get the "Haha, someone forgot to log into UO for a week because his mother died!" IDOC

Those are the best type. Especially if you create a caharacter named 'your mom is dead' to loot his IDOC.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 10:10:09 AM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Another IDOC score  
Jump to: