Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Contact Info 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Contact Info  (Read 6659 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 08, 2006, 10:44:15 AM

Vent server: m-n-m.net
pass: mnmftw

Use "[msg" in game

Check roll call thread for names to look up

AIM: edog420
MSN: ethanharris@gmail.com

Chinchilla is a great guy that seems to be on a lot if you cant find me. We'll get ya a rune book and some runes and stuff to get started. A friend of mine has allowed us access to his tower, its very close to our first IDOC spot.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:09:34 PM

Chinchilla is a great guy that seems to be on a lot if you cant find me. We'll get ya a rune book and some runes and stuff to get started. A friend of mine has allowed us access to his tower, its very close to our first IDOC spot.

Thank you :).  My wife is, how shall I put it... DA SHIT!  She's awesome and a crazy IDOC hunter.  She gets the shakes collecting the stuff.  Its pretty funny.  I bet once she starts PvPing she's gonna be absurdly good.  Probably better than what I even was.

Both my wife and I are on pretty often.  Been doing my best on keeping my vendor stocked in case people need stuff.  Now you guys don't need to go buying stuff off the vendor.  Just ask what you need and we will do our best to provide.

I'm not a pro at the scripting stuff, but I'm slowly learning.  I knew I should have taken more programming classes in school!  Just today scored a pretty decent script that will make full spellbooks (at least I hope it works!).  Had to do some digging for it, but found one.  Gonna give it a whirl tonight.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 12:58:31 PM

We need to bring everyone we meet in UO to this forum.  Our numbers will swell until all else is forgotten and F13 becomes known foremost as a place to talk about Ultima Online.  Schild will quitely weep before his PC as post after post about queer-ass obscure Japanese games go ignored in favor of discussions about the best tank-mage template and who got r0xx0red at the moongate.  It will be grand.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:00:44 PM

We need to bring everyone we meet in UO to this forum.  Our numbers will swell until all else is forgotten and F13 becomes known foremost as a place to talk about Ultima Online.  Schild will quitely weep before his PC as post after post about queer-ass obscure Japanese games go ignored in favor of discussions about the best tank-mage template and who got r0xx0red at the moongate.  It will be grand.

Heh, actually there is a good tip buried inside the h8.  BE CAREFUL AT MOONGATES!  Especially Moonglow and Brit.  People love to gank others there, especially noobs.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 01:56:45 PM

Dude, I still remember the old ways.  Robe over the armor.  Fuck looking cool, don't let the other asshole see what gear you have.  Cloaks over your bags to keep thieves from snooping them.  Hell yeah.  This is gonna be fun.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:45 PM

Did cloaks work better than stacks of leather?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 04:37:09 PM

Dude, I still remember the old ways.  Robe over the armor.  Fuck looking cool, don't let the other asshole see what gear you have.  Cloaks over your bags to keep thieves from snooping them.  Hell yeah.  This is gonna be fun.

The ultimate is Spellbook over the pouch. Absolutely unstealable. :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:37:35 PM

The ultimate is Spellbook over the pouch. Absolutely unstealable. :)

Wouldn't this work?

Open a hojillion internet browsers for laggyness.

Snoop target player to open their backpack.

Double click a dagger so the targetting cursor appears.

Click, hold-drag release on the spellbook (that is over the pouch) , so you don't lose targetting cursor.

Target pouch with cursor before spellbook snaps back.

Steal + Last-Target, does a random steal on the insides of the container?

Hopefully get their stack of Mandrake Root or Black Pearl

Hit Steal + Last-Target again for another random steal, unless they are already attacking you.

Or.

Lag self.

Snoop.

Drag spellbook.

Double-click pouch before spellbook snaps back.

If they move, just move next to them again and hit last-object?

At least, that's the way I remember things.  It's been awhile though.

I used to just stack leather over my pouch, because by the time they hit Enter, to affirm they wanted to drag ALL the leather away, the stack of leather would snap back and cover my bag/pouch before they could target it.  Cloth worked too.  Except they could steal the cloth to get to the pouch below, because it was lighter than hides.  But 9 times out of 10 I wanted them to steal the cloth so they would flag, and then everyone could jump out of hiding for a beat down.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 07:39:44 PM by Driakos »

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:48 AM

Interesting Driakos.  Not sure if that stuff would work.  The one thing thieves can still do is the "random" last target steal.  If I'm thinking correctly they can steal from any pack of yours randomly (could be wrong here).  Now there is a chance they will steal crap, but ya never know.

I usually keep my reagents in stacks of 10 or 15.  I have roughly 30 of each on me pretty often.  Once I get more confident in my PvP and defending abilities I will carry roughly 60 of each.  I try to keep them in at least 2 seperate piles so that if a thief comes around you take 1 stack, but I still have more.

An old UO trick people used to do was put their reagents in a locked box on their character.  The game would still use the reagents like it normally would even though the box was locked.  The thieves could not steal from the locked box because it was locked.  I'm not sure if this still works, but I will try it out tonight and see.

I plan on making a GM Hiding and GM Stealth character and see if I can manage to sneak my little butt into people's houses.  Some people have crap for security for their house.  I have a trash barrel AND locked tables at my door.  Reason is because there's a 30 second delay for trash barrel to be moved.  During that delay someone(s) could try and run past you.  With tables blocking the way they won't be able to.  So I move my trash barrel, wait the time limit and THEN move my locked down tables.  Sounds like a pain in the ass, but trust me its EASY as hell once you get used to it.  Heck, you can even setup a simple Razor macro to move the tables and put them back for you and even walk you (haven't done this yet).

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 06:26:57 AM

Good call, ill put a runebook there too :) If they move one, the other is still there and blessed.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 08:56:02 AM

Damn, and I just used to keep my a trapped box in my inv so when they were shuffling around suddenly they get blown up next to me.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 09:00:18 AM

Damn, and I just used to keep my a trapped box in my inv so when they were shuffling around suddenly they get blown up next to me.

Oh course, there is always that...lol

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 05:41:06 PM

Wouldn't this work?

Open a hojillion internet browsers for laggyness.

Use netcat to trigger more precise lag.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 02:49:03 PM

I plan on making a GM Hiding and GM Stealth character and see if I can manage to sneak my little butt into people's houses.  Some people have crap for security for their house.  I have a trash barrel AND locked tables at my door.  Reason is because there's a 30 second delay for trash barrel to be moved.  During that delay someone(s) could try and run past you.  With tables blocking the way they won't be able to.  So I move my trash barrel, wait the time limit and THEN move my locked down tables.  Sounds like a pain in the ass, but trust me its EASY as hell once you get used to it.  Heck, you can even setup a simple Razor macro to move the tables and put them back for you and even walk you (haven't done this yet).

There is a trick for this as well.  I'm always torn if it is an exploit or not.  But since you do not need any 3rd party programs, just the auto-move feature in UO, I always seem to tell myself it is ok to use.  If you have both your tables on the same tile, it doesn't really matter anyhow.  If they aren't on the same tile, then they could use the  following method.

Most likely Metropolis has an autowalk/run feature like base UO.

You hold down right-click to move, then hit left-click while still holding right-click.  Then release both.  Your character will move in the direction of your mouse cursor, but you no longer have to click to move.

Next step, autowalk into their furniture barrier.

Click and drag highlighted furniture in your way.

The furniture will quickly snap back and bark "You cannot pick this up" or "This is locked down!"  whatever

Automove moves you past the furniture in that split second that the furniture was moved, but then reminded it could not be moved.

Viola!  You are inside the house!

That's if they get past the trash barrel.  For some reason the trick doesn't work on trash barrels, only locked down items that impede movement.

If Metropolis is using custom houses from Age of Shadows (around September 2003), just put water tiles there, or a teleporter.   If there are no custom houses, you'll have to bounce stack something twice in the same tile.  So like two tables on the same tile, at the same Z. 

I used to use those small red boxes to block my door.  If they got inside my house, they'd usually try to log right out, and hope to come back when I wasn't online.  If that happened, I'd just unlock one of the red chests, and place it on the tile they logged out on.  When they logged back in, they'd be under the ban spot outside, the object on their log-in spot would force the bounce.  If they logged out with my stolen key, I'd ban spot them, then camp my steps, and steal it back (cause I know where they'd be) as soon as they logged in.  Usually they'd outwait me though, and come back many many hours later.  Since house keys were ownership back then...

I probably lost more houses than I kept.  I'd forget to be careful, and usually lived high traffic spots.  I could never bring myself to actually steal someone elses house (just the stuff in it), so I never caught up :)

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:48:44 PM

Most likely Metropolis has an autowalk/run feature like base UO.

You hold down right-click to move, then hit left-click while still holding right-click.  Then release both.  Your character will move in the direction of your mouse cursor, but you no longer have to click to move.

Next step, autowalk into their furniture barrier.

Click and drag highlighted furniture in your way.

The furniture will quickly snap back and bark "You cannot pick this up" or "This is locked down!"  whatever

Automove moves you past the furniture in that split second that the furniture was moved, but then reminded it could not be moved.

Viola!  You are inside the house!

They do have that autowalk/run thing :).  I'm gonna try that tonight!  Got me really really curious!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Contact Info  
Jump to: