Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: My house is leet. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My house is leet.  (Read 9701 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

on: June 08, 2006, 06:38:48 AM

It's still not completely decorated, in particular the rooftop and the east room of the first floor (where a lot of my shit is still sitting in boxes), but it's done enough to post pics of now that there's a forum for this game.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:47:43 AM

Serious WUA, I used to hate you be you are slowly reaching hero status. Now come join us on Metro :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:54:06 AM

What time of day are you guys usually most active?

EDIT:  By the way, do maces fuck the shit out of armor on that shard like they did in the old days?  God I hope so.  I loved being a macer back then.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:56:11 AM by WindupAtheist »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:21:35 AM

What time of day are you guys usually most active?

EDIT:  By the way, do maces fuck the shit out of armor on that shard like they did in the old days?  God I hope so.  I loved being a macer back then.

From what I have seen, I'd say 6-12 midnight . At midnight there is 25 minutes of server wars (britian bank chaos). The weekends Cheddar plays more cause he doesnt have his M-Thursday classes...

Yeah, maces breakup armor good... The worst I've been worked so far on the server was by a guy with this template:

Macing
Archery
Resist
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Magery

Basically, against a mage he casts Clumsy for the dex loss (level 1 spell, cant be interupted). Then whacks ya with a very fast mace weapon like a Q-staff. Your stam is drained and he just pummels ya into submission if you dont have a TR pot. Im assuming its similar against a dexer, cept once ya drain stam ya step back and heavy Xbow him, then whip out the big mace and thunk! The other way id make the template is replace Archery with Eval...once ya stam drain step back and combo his ass.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:18 AM

I used to laugh when I'd break up a guy's shield with my mace, then his helmet, then his chestpiece, ...
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 09:01:02 AM

Wow, WUA. That is one hell of a house. Is that on an official OSI server?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:47:43 AM

I used to laugh when I'd break up a guy's shield with my mace, then his helmet, then his chestpiece, ...

And I remember watching my shield durability every 2 seconds while fighting a macer. Than when going got tough I just undressed :P

Nice house WUA. Wonder if I can find any screens from our old guild house. It was so cool :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:41 AM

Wow, WUA. That is one hell of a house. Is that on an official OSI server?

Yup, that's on Europa.  In the past I always tended to end up with wide-open "borg cube" houses, but this time I wanted something with distinct rooms, and walkways, and pillars.  Cost me about a million gold in total, which isn't bad at all.  I've had a bit of a UO windfall lately, enough to build this house, blow another couple million on leet items for friends of mine, and still be quite comfortable.

Anyway, I shall indeed make a Metropolis character, this weekend at the latest.  What means do you guys use to keep in touch while you're all on?  And what's the fastest and easiest way to build a warrior on there?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 10:41:24 AM

Warriors are easy. We'll just set ya up to macro for a night sparring my dexer chick. You add a "Use skill anatomy" into your healing macro and bam you have raised ANAT, TACS, WEAPON, HEALING - Start your guy with 50 Resist and 49 magery and 1 healing. Buy the healing up to par,and start rocking. Pick one more skill and you have a dexer...Hiding a nice one to AFK macro, its easy anyways :)

We use vent, ill post some contact info in a new thread. Also, in game just type  "[msg" to bring up the messaging system. You can then find any of our names.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:29 PM

Hey, that's not a bong on the table! That's a skull with a fucking candle on it! You're a fashion goth!

I'm telling mom.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 12:45:26 PM

Hey, that's not a bong on the table! That's a skull with a fucking candle on it! You're a fashion goth!

I'm telling mom.

The purple thing on the other corner of the table... is a bong.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 12:49:27 PM

Look at the roof pic.  I'm so goth my fucking houseplants are black and red.

Anyway, yeah, someone will have to explain whatever macros you use at some point.  All I've ever used is EasyUO.  I'll make a character soon, but right now I've been up since 9pm last night.  If I want to get back on schedule I have to stay up all day, but I'm too punchy to bother messing with new software right now.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 12:56:21 PM

Only 1 mil, is that thing in Trammel? Nice deal.

Anyhow, nice house.  That's one of the better house models that I've seen from UO.  What's it called?

-Rasix
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 12:56:38 PM

I'm telling mom.

The purple thing on the other corner of the table... is a bong.

I think she's right.  See what happens when ya smoke pot too much?  Vision starts to blur  cheesy!

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:17 PM

Only 1 mil, is that thing in Trammel? Nice deal.

Actually it's in Malas, but same difference.  It's not too hard to get a nice place these days.  They've added a SHITLOAD of housing space to the game over the years, and let's face it, the population peaked a couple years ago.  Nevertheless, yeah, it was a pretty good deal.  Would have been much more expensive on Great Lakes.

Anyhow, nice house.  That's one of the better house models that I've seen from UO.  What's it called?

I'm not sure how well you've kept up with UO since you quit playing it, so I'm not sure whether you mean "What deed did you place to get that building?" or "What did you name it?"  In the case of the former, none.  Every wall and door and tile in there, I placed by hand.  In the case of the latter, well, I never did get around to naming it.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:55 PM

Do you re-decorate your UO house before or after anal sex with your dead sister?

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:22 PM

oOoOOoo

Dude, Sinij, just no.  I'm not even going to bother fighting with you anymore.  You were forever vanquished in the epic thirty-page necro thread, and now you're not even worth flaming.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 01:27:54 PM

I'm not sure how well you've kept up with UO since you quit playing it, so I'm not sure whether you mean "What deed did you place to get that building?" or "What did you name it?"  In the case of the former, none.  Every wall and door and tile in there, I placed by hand. 

Last time I played was still in the era of pre-fab housing.  I liked my small tower, however. Do you have to pay by the square foot or something? Did you purchase the land from someone or just find it yourself? 

Sorry for the question volley, UO's housing kept me long in the game after I wanted to quit. Unfortunately large domiciles went for tens of millions back when I was still playing.

-Rasix
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 01:45:17 PM

Instead of a deed, you buy a house placement tool.  This brings up a menu which allows you to select a foundation of any size, for the appropriate price, which you then go about placing the same way you used to place a complete house.  (The tool can also be used to place any of the old designs if you so choose.)

Now you have a "house" which consists solely of a foundation with a dirt floor.  It functions as a house.  You can ban people, lock stuff down, and so forth.  But if you want an actual building, you have to go into the customization menu.  This makes you invisible, invincible, and incapable of either talking or leaving the house until it's closed.  While you're in there, you can use the gump that pops up to drop in walls, doors, windows, floor tiles, pillars, arches, whatever.  There are some basic physics sanity-checks to make sure you don't have unsupported walls or shit floating in mid-air, and as you add more stuff to the structure, the value of the house goes up.

Once you click to confirm, the game compares the new value of your house to the old value, and bills your bank box for the difference.  (Or refunds you the difference if the new value ends up lower.)  It's a little clunky, having basically been bolted onto the engine, but it's solid and reasonably convenient.  You can save a design and come back to it, which means you can design your perfect house, check the price, back it up, then restore and confirm it once you have the money.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 04:17:27 PM

I like to touch myself bad places.

Hello, My name is WUA and I still cling to a wreck of a game in vane hopes that what little left of it is really what I hoped for.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 05:24:47 PM

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 06:07:58 PM

I like to touch myself bad places.

Hello, My name is WUA and I still cling to a wreck of a game in vane hopes that what little left of it is really what I hoped for.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 06:10:58 PM

oOooOoO

Seriously, why do you bother?  Do you think I'm over here gnashing my teeth at your tired and creatively spelled insults?  Or do you somehow believe that I give any semblance of a shit about your opinion?  I'm honestly curious.  I mean fighting with you was reasonably entertaining when you would clumsily attempt to debate some matter of game design, but after being soundly raped in My Greatest Thread Ever(tm) you've fallen from even that lowly position of relevance.  Now you just sort of randomly invade threads to troll me, and you don't even do that with any panache.

I mean, Zeus knows that I'm prone to my own fits of asshattery.  But I can also say with a straight face that I've made at least a few posts of genuine merit here and there.  Have you EVER contributed anything besides random "WUA IS A PEDOFILE RAWR" inanity?  You have close to six hundred posts, and probably five hundred of them are about me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:14:25 PM by WindupAtheist »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 06:10:40 AM

He thinks your cute.

Sinij, stop fucking up my internet.  That crap belongs in Shadowbane threads, not UO ones.  I know the board rename is confusing.  I will pimp smack you if you keep it up.

edit. acronyms. oi.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 07:22:00 AM

Calm down, Cheddar, or you'll curdle!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: My house is leet.  
Jump to: