Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:03:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Roll call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll call  (Read 8429 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 08, 2006, 06:34:46 AM

Roll call bitches!

Slayerik - 6xGM Tank Mage

Leeandra - Wife's dexer that I use more than she does
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:48:10 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:50:11 AM

Cheddar- Tamer/Locksmith.

Cheddar- GM Hider.  Seriously; I am gonna turn him into a bard once I have some time.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:50:10 AM

Signe - Prelate

Gunda - Barbarian

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 08:02:49 AM

Signe - Prelate

Gunda - Barbarian

Grrr :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:47:57 AM

I tried to return to Shadowbane, but I just can't seem to get into it again.  UO is where I had the most fun and it is where my heart is.  Plus I REALLY REALLY HATED how there was no "crafting skills" in Shadowbane.  If there is one thing I enjoy most it is gathering my own resources and making them into a finished product.

Now for the roll call:

Chinchilla - GM Blacksmith, Tinker, Bowyer, Carpenter, Tailor, 90 Magery, 55 Meditate, 55 Musicianship.  100% crafter character

Centurion - Dexxer fighter - GM Fencing, Tactics, Anatomy.  73 Healing.  58 Resist.  May GM Poisoning, may drop parry for something.

Syren - Tmap hunter, 96% lockpick, GM Anatomy & Healing, 72 Archery, 95 Tactics, GM Musicianship, 77 Provoke.

St Drahcir - not built yet... will probably be an Archer Mage

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 09:03:54 AM

Signe - Prelate

Gunda - Barbarian

I'm of good humor that schild relabeled the Shadowbane forum into UO, but please... why not just join us? Hell, you can macro while you play your favorite MMOG, F13 Forums. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:02 AM

I tried to return to Shadowbane, but I just can't seem to get into it again.  UO is where I had the most fun and it is where my heart is.  Plus I REALLY REALLY HATED how there was no "crafting skills" in Shadowbane.  If there is one thing I enjoy most it is gathering my own resources and making them into a finished product.

Now for the roll call:

Chinchilla - GM Blacksmith, Tinker, Bowyer, Carpenter, Tailor, 90 Magery, 55 Meditate, 55 Musicianship.  100% crafter character

Centurion - Dexxer fighter - GM Fencing, Tactics, Anatomy.  73 Healing.  58 Resist.  May GM Poisoning, may drop parry for something.

Syren - Tmap hunter, 96% lockpick, GM Anatomy & Healing, 72 Archery, 95 Tactics, GM Musicianship, 77 Provoke.

St Drahcir - not built yet... will probably be an Archer Mage

I tried to get back into it as well when it went to FREE!, but I just could not bring myself to do it again. For some ungodly reason, the world of SB just feels ridiculously empty and really flat and boring. I guess the artwork succeeded in setting the mood. Too bad the mood made me not want to be in that despair-ridden world. Weird...

Soukyan - Dexxer - Healing, Fencing, Resist, Anatomy, still building out the rest

Will most likely make a Provoker next. Still getting back into the swing. Tried to jump on last night at around midnight EST and it appears that the server was down or locked. Not sure. In any case, I'm tinkering around a bit today during work.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:12:05 PM

I got rid of my gimped 25str mage.  New char on metro is Ain Gide
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 11:19:20 PM

I started up a character early this morning on Metro.  Mickey Fiddles is the name.

The build I'm aiming for so far:

Hiding
Stealth
Fencing
Poisoning
Alchemy

I'll probably be macroing in Brit for most of the weekend.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 11:31:37 PM

Signe - Prelate

Gunda - Barbarian

I'm of good humor that schild relabeled the Shadowbane forum into UO, but please... why not just join us? Hell, you can macro while you play your favorite MMOG, F13 Forums. ;)

No no, I couldn't go back to playing this game!  Too many years have gone by!   I would feel like a fat man in a tu tu!

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 05:34:47 AM

I started up a character early this morning on Metro.  Mickey Fiddles is the name.

The build I'm aiming for so far:

Hiding
Stealth
Fencing
Poisoning
Alchemy

I'll probably be macroing in Brit for most of the weekend.

Take my advice and drop alchemy/poisoning from your main; this would be perfect for a second character.  You will be popular with those trade skills :D

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 06:55:00 AM

If anything what you can do is you could make yourself a Poison Dexxer.  If you ever need poisons my wife can make them for you.  Just gives us the Nightshade and Bottles and its all yours.  My wife is a GM Alchemist.  Making the actual poison while on the run is difficult, but poisoning weapons on the run I have heard is pretty easy with a basic macro (either EasyUO or Razor).

Deadly Poison is horrible HORRIBLE crap.  Hurts like hell!  Its super hard to cure with bandages because by the time the bandage hits the poison has already kicked your ass.  Greater Cure potions are the only way to save ya.  And if someone uses one of those... BAM they get poisoned again.  Its a bitch I tell ya!

You'll want to wait a little on it and save up some cash because poisoning takes time and patience to raise.  Its is probably the hardest skill to raise.  I believe that is why you wanted alchemy.  Probably so hard to raise though because it kicks mucho butt!

Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:01 AM

Yeah, I was planning on doing the poison dexer, but I'm going to probably go with Cheddar's advice.  I can always carry multiple DPed weapons and macro them in.  After a little revision, this is what I'm aiming for:

Hiding
Stealth
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy

I'm still deciding between Archery, Healing, and Magic Resistance for the last two spots.  I'd really like to combine stealth and archery, but it's a tough decision.  Do you guys think I'd be alright dropping healing if I had an alchemist to supply some greater healing potions?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:08 AM

Yeah, I was planning on doing the poison dexer, but I'm going to probably go with Cheddar's advice.  I can always carry multiple DPed weapons and macro them in.  After a little revision, this is what I'm aiming for:

Hiding
Stealth
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy

I'm still deciding between Archery, Healing, and Magic Resistance for the last two spots.  I'd really like to combine stealth and archery, but it's a tough decision.  Do you guys think I'd be alright dropping healing if I had an alchemist to supply some greater healing potions?

No.  Healing is extremely vital for a melee based character; I good trick to get used to (especially for PvP) is to pop a strength potion/ start bandage heal before engaging in combat- this can be done easily with razor, and gives you a huge advantage in combat.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 08:23:42 AM

No.  Healing is extremely vital for a melee based character; I good trick to get used to (especially for PvP) is to pop a strength potion/ start bandage heal before engaging in combat- this can be done easily with razor, and gives you a huge advantage in combat.

Amen to that idea because you can rest assured that the most common combo is coming right at you.... "Explosion" "Energy Bolt".  I can't tell you how many times I have seen this combo pulled.  Its seems to be the favorite of basically every mage. 

The thing I love about PvP in UO is all the tactics and different things.  Reason I mention this is another good thing to have once you get a mage or something like that rolling is trapped pouches for yourself.  A trapped pouch will do a minor explosion which will break the paralyze spell.  Paralyze spell is annoying as hell and lotsa ppl like to use it. 

We are going to be cranking out LOADS of "Magic Reflection" scrolls because that spell is priceless vs. mages.  When they see you being a warrior they sometimes won't bother trying "Magic Arrow" to break your reflect.  They will just open up with Paralyze and this will screw them over.  Then you can just walk up and plan your tactic.  Even though you have 0 magery you can still cast the spell on yourself.

Once you gets get situated and got some income rolling in... whenever you happen to come across NPC Scribes or Mages I'd love it if you buy me some scrolls for my wife.  We will pay you for them, but its just a pain in the ass to have to go and buy them.

Ultimately though... most templates/builds will work.  As long as you #1 ENJOY IT and #2 are dedicated to it.  It may take some practice, but you never know... you just might start a "fad".

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 08:50:05 AM

No no, I couldn't go back to playing this game!  Too many years have gone by!   I would feel like a fat man in a tu tu!
So, you're playing then?
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 07:36:13 AM

I have two toons on metro now, probably rolling up a third craftard type today.

Slacktavius and Liam Donnelly are the two names I have so far.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 10:10:19 AM

So, you're playing then?

No.  I used to love UO but now it's old, tired and macroised.  I don't see the fun of it anymore.  It's mostly people macroing their way to an uber character in an effort to reach epeen nirvana. 

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 11:07:16 AM

The fun is that UO doesn't care if you succeed or not.  Every other game just sort of gently shuttles you along towards the endgame, no matter how lame you are, so long as you play long enough.  But UO is quite happy to have you lose all your armor and end up a destitute beggar if you're an idiot.  So when you carve out a living for yourself, it's that much more satisfying.

I'll be in Ventrilo later this afternoon, getting my shit set up.  Dunno how long I'll be able to be on, working some weird hours today, but I'll at least get me started.

Come with us, Signe!  We'll PK miners and be leet and stuff!

EDIT:  Okay, I'm all set and all that's left to do is make a character.  I was even into Vent, but only an AFK Slay was there this early.  I'll wait until later to make my newb, when someone can remind me of just what to make him with.  I'll try to get on again before work and see.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:07:03 PM by WindupAtheist »

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 01:00:09 PM

Rolled a Bard/mage called Guitarzan.  Macro'ing to get some music and stuff.
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 07:08:13 PM

Holy shit I go away for a few days and our lil UO posse multiplies! Nice one!

I'm back now so I should be on and getting pwned again before you know it!
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 10:40:37 PM

I have two chars so far, Ain Gide for run of the mill adventuring, and a treasure hunter build named Locke.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 07:08:00 AM

We really need to start hanging/sparring/adventuring together more. Its good to play solo , get some skills up and have fun...but its better to hop on Vent and BS and stuff :)

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 07:58:23 AM

I should really find the vent info....

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40:18 PM

We really need to start hanging/sparring/adventuring together more. Its good to play solo , get some skills up and have fun...but its better to hop on Vent and BS and stuff :)

We need to build a consalidated thread with current info, plus invest in a bigger home + guildstone.  Its on my list of things to do, but RL keeps invading what little time I have.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Roll call  
Jump to: