Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Tackling? (humor the newb) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackling? (humor the newb)  (Read 1526 times)
ekefo
Terracotta Army

on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:01 AM

Ok so briefly what is it?  Judging by the thread is the use of EW "disable" a target (in very simple terms).  Is that about it?  If so, what is the best class of ship to attack that end?  It would appear what ever is fastest and can get you in close.

Sorkan Deux - Caldarian Deteis - Combat Pilot (Ferox)
Wolfsorr - Caldarian Deteis - Support (Mining/Refining/Transport/Trade)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:52:19 AM

"Tackling" means to use warp scramblers and stasis webbers to prevent a target from warping out or moving away. This tends to be done in small, cheap ships since tacklers are one of the earlier targets to get picked off and smaller ships are fast - meaning they can get to the target faster, before the target gets away (hopefully).
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:53:01 AM

tackling is the fine art of not letting them get away while your friends beat the snot outta it. warp scramble. When they figure out who is scrambling them you will be there target. Thus cheep ships and forget about implants.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Tackling? (humor the newb)  
Jump to: