Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting - Oldstyle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting - Oldstyle  (Read 6454 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: June 07, 2006, 08:02:59 AM

I looked at the crafting thread and I have no idea what you all are talking about.  What kind of button pushing is required?  I don't see anything that meshes with button pushing, other than pushing one button and watching a timer bar.

I'm still afraid to leave the Trial Isle though.  I hear there are big monsters out there.  Does it change or something once I do "real" crafting?

Yes, I know this will all be moot in a week or two, but I'm stubborn that way.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 08:22:59 AM

Press K (I think) and it should open up your Spellbook window. You should have 3 or 4 tabs, Abilities, Combat Arts, Spellbook, and Tradeskill.

In the Tradeskill Tab sort by category. You should have 3 buffs for each type of tradeskill at level 1, each 10 levels you will get 3 more buffs for each category (Chemistry, Metalworking, Woodcrafting, Sculpting, etc...). Each of those categories relates to what you are making and the table type. IE. An alchemy recipe will use the chemistry skills.

At level 1 you should have 3 buffs for each skill:

1 - Increase Progress, Decrease Power (mana)
2 - Increase Progress, Decrease Durability
3 - Increase Progress, Decrease Success Rate (percentage)

At level 10 you will get 3 additional types:

1 - Increase Durability, Decrease Power
2 - Increase Durability, Decrease Progress
3 - Increase Durability, Decrease Success Rate

Every 10 levels will alternate between those two groupings and you'll get a new set of three that increase the buffs effectiveness.

You can use 3 buffs at once but only a 1, 2, 3 from each of the above two groups. Each buff lasts for 6 seconds which is the time for a single tradeskill tick.

When you approach the table you double click it and it opens your recipe list. Choose a recipe and click start. At this point you can spam 3 buffs as I mentioned above. After each tradeskill tick there is a chance an icon will appear in the tradeskill window, the goal is to push the corresponding buff that has the same image that appeared. After countering that buff you can then use the other 2 buffs if you wish during that tradeskill tick.

It sounds much more complicated than it actually is but if you need more help just ask. I have an extensive amount of tradeskill experience in EQ2.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:11:41 AM

What we really need are pocket UD_Delts.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:38:27 PM

Oh, a spellbook! I didn't know I had one of those.  I was just hitting the create button and waiting to see what happened.

Much more interactive now!  Even if I don't quite understand what I'm doing.

Thanks for the info!

Next question - what should I do what should I do? In terms of being a crafter?  I gather I have to pick something and can't just make everything, right?
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:48:01 PM

Yep you first have to pick from 3 classes and then 3 subclasses within those:

Scholar - Sage, Alchemist, Jeweler
Outfitter - Tailor, Weaponsmith, Armorer
Craftsmen - Woodworker, Carpenter, Provisioner

I can give a break down of everything if you really want since I have all classes to level 60+ now but roughly be anything except an armorer or weaponsmith as those are entirely useless and Tailor is mostly useless except for being able to make bags.

All the rest have some usefullness to them. If you want to make decent money look at the skills that can create consumables like provisioner, woodworker, carpenter (though not till 65) and alchemist.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 06:52:45 PM

Provisioner looks good.  Everybody needs to eat, right?

Now, to find out where to find the right person to talk to....

I bumbled around in the dark near Qeynos in some bog.  I guess I should have bought a torch but I had no clue where I was.  I liked the map on newbie isle - I guess that's not available anymore, that sort of a map, eh?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 07:18:23 PM

Go here:  http://www.eq2interface.com/ and sort yourself out the mods that suit you best.  You can pick and choose or get a whole package, although some of the packages are a bit over the top.  Definitely get yourself EQ2Map.  I use ThorUI but think I might find something a bit less bulky before I get back into the game in a couple of weeks.  I'll probably play a bit leading up to that.  I always forget stuff after breaks.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 07:31:54 PM

Thank you!  That's the ticket!

Now, I'm paranoid that I'm going to sell something that someone might want or I might want for crafting.  How can I figure out what is a crafting component when it's not obvious?  I'm talking about dropped items, like canine saliva or a decomposing zombie organ.

I looked at the broker and it's not much help.  Some things have a little tag that says TREASURED. What is that?

I bought a room at the inn and have a house vault with 2 spaces.  I want to dump stuff but my bank only has a few slots.  What do I do about storage and whatnot?

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:14 AM

You can put bags and boxes in all of those slots. Check the broker and I believe there should be a bag option you can select in one of the drop downs. Buy a couple cheap boxes of whichever type you can afford. This will give you more space in your house vault to sell from. Eventually with 32 slot boxes you'll have quite a bit of storage (32x14) if you put boxes in your bank, vault and shared bank.

Also buy a bulletin board from one of the inn keepers and hang that in your house. It will give you the interface to start selling stuff out of your house vault (offline selling).

As far as what to sell you're basically only going to be able to sell the adept 1 books and the advanced tradeskill books. The rest of the stuff is mainly vendor trash. Occasionally a piece of armor or a weapon marked treasures might sell as well but not very often at those levels.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:09 PM

Is there a website or something that will indicate whether something is a crafting component?  I would guess those are worth something to other players through brokers - or not?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:27 PM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:48 PM

It's pretty rare that tradeskill loot dropped from a mob will sell for much, if at all.  I don't think anyone is buying canine saliva.  I think that if you inspect the item it says somewhere right on it that it is a tradeskill item, I think it says "Handcrafted" or something, I think the color might be white too.  You can sell some harvested items for good money, particularly the food/drink harvests.  Any rares you harvest sell well too, if you harvest a rare it will give you an on screen notification.

The de facto standard tradeskill site is EQ2 Trader's Corner.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 02:25:09 PM

June 14 is the big day, eh?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 03:08:02 PM

That's the one I used to use, Miasma, until one day I couldn't find something on it and I found it on the other page.  I'm very fickle.

And yes, June 14th is when you can officially become a fairy.  Right now, you are unofficial.   smiley

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 09:32:00 PM

I found these two things, which puzzle me:

Average Quality Badger Pelt - they are listed on the broker for between 15g and 35g.  Are they really worth 15g?

Advanced craftsman volume 10 - there is a volume 12 listed on the broker for 15p.

I can't seem to get any sense of what things are worth or go for (unlike an auction house system, where I can watch).   Advice?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 08:47:12 AM

And yes, June 14th is when you can officially become a fairy.  Right now, you are unofficial.   smiley

I already have the wand, so the patch should be quick.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 08:56:24 AM

June 14th is the Asian-themed adventure pack, Fallen Dynasty. The Fae race is coming with the expansion pack later in the year.

I have never played WoW.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:09:11 AM

Well, how much later in the year?  I don't know if I want to stay subbed if Yegolev can't be a fairy!

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 12:40:39 PM

I found these two things, which puzzle me:

Average Quality Badger Pelt - they are listed on the broker for between 15g and 35g.  Are they really worth 15g?

Advanced craftsman volume 10 - there is a volume 12 listed on the broker for 15p.

I can't seem to get any sense of what things are worth or go for (unlike an auction house system, where I can watch).   Advice?

The pelt is a rare harvest. On my server they go for around 5g-10g so depending on your server it might be normal to see them 15g-35g. The normal harvest is prefaced with "sullied".

The crafting volumes are usually worth a few gold on the broker depending on the rarity. The guy selling the volume 12 for 15p is just an idiot.  The only books even approaching being worth 1p are the advanced volume 69 books since they are actually a bit more rare.

With my alts i usually sell the stuff cheaper than most since i would rather clear space through turnover than wait for a few big hits while my vault and bank space gets all cluttered up. 10 - 20 Adept 1's and Advanced tradeskill books I'll put up for 5g if there's nothing on the broker to compare with.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 11:11:30 AM

Thank you, you are a veritable font of information!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting - Oldstyle  
Jump to: