Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Hows the expansion going? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hows the expansion going?  (Read 12875 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2006, 12:44:47 PM

I don't really play guild wars but for some reason i want them to do well.  Does anybody know how well the expansion sold? i doubt they reach the 1 mill mark like the original box, but even half of that would be a pretty big success i assume.

I am the .00000001428%
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:17:46 PM

Prophecies? Factions? Nightfall? How many are out, and what number are they up to?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:02 PM

So, looking around the recent one is Factions, and there's no indication of other ones being out... did any come out before it, or are all the other names just future promises? I guess one expansion per six months 'slipped' a tad.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:46:35 PM

Guild Wars: Prophecies is the original Guilds Wars.
Just like Stars Wars: A New Hope is the original Star Wars.

I have never heard of Nightfall, maybe that is next campaign slated for November.

I won't be buying it unless they do serious fixes to Factions.  Ass-load of PvE with a little bit of PvP to access even more PvE isn't what I want.

I thought the original plan was an expansion every 3 months.  I believe their current plan is one stand-alone campaign (read full game price) every six months.  They basically skipped the first interval to do their world championship thing which is irrelevant to those of us who don't spend eight hours a day training.

"Me am play gods"
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:19:47 PM

From here on out, the plan is one expansion every 6 months.

I'm not aware of the name for the next one, it could be Nightfall.  I do know it's going to be themed on North Africa, and there'll be again one fighter-type class and one magic-type class added.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:32:11 PM

I kinda like the Factions exp. Mostly because assassin is fun to play, very very Diablo-y and the animations are nice. The other class is too complicated. Also, my job won't let me play it enough to not like it. Catch-22 I suppose.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 03:48:07 PM

Ritualist isn't that /hard/, it's just... not as obviously powerful as other classes.  It's okay at damage, good at support, okay at healing, depending on how you build.  But it's easy to feel like you're not doing anything useful.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
pyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 10:00:40 PM

Assassins are pretty hated in Factions because everyone uses them but don't use them well.  Most people use them like tanks but that's now how you should use them.  Just run in, do all your attacks then run back out.

But yeah, I think it's every 6 months.  On the original Guild Wars they only added one place called Sorrows Furnance and I think they released it 6 months after the game came out.

This is a sig.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 11:12:01 AM

Anyone have any numbers on how well factions sold?

I am the .00000001428%
Llava
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 12:00:56 PM

Assassins are pretty hated in Factions because everyone uses them but don't use them well.  Most people use them like tanks but that's now how you should use them.  Just run in, do all your attacks then run back out.

But yeah, I think it's every 6 months.  On the original Guild Wars they only added one place called Sorrows Furnance and I think they released it 6 months after the game came out.

Seriously.   Shadow of Haste.  It's a free "get me out of here!" ability, and I never see anyone use it.  Just pop it on in a safe area, run in, slice and dice,  and by the time you're done it'll teleport you back to where you started.

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 05:14:48 PM

I'm proud to say I play the assassin like a tank. That might be because I don't play the game with other people. Also, I don't play much. Also, I'm COMPLETELY unreliable. My computer is in crap shape. Flash games make it stutter. Did I mention I love technology yet?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Hows the expansion going?  
Jump to: