Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Since May and June are weak sauce... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Since May and June are weak sauce...  (Read 8286 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 05, 2006, 01:34:36 AM

...I thought I'd do something special.

Well, kinda a little special I suppose.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:02:39 AM

...I thought I'd do something special.

Well, kinda a little special I suppose.

You obviously ignored about 100 smaller PC games and only included The Guild 2 because I'd been raving to you about it. Not that most of those smaller ones appear to be worth much... but there'll be some diamonds in the rough.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:05:33 AM

Ignored what?

Kitty LUV is on there. KITTY LUV. There is nothing more indie than that. Nothing. Also, the list was weak sauce on the PC section.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:51:11 AM

The best part of the whole article was the picture heading up the PC releases.  Subtle yet acerbic.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:56:23 AM

The PC section seemed like a bunch of expansions.

But yum, Dark Messiah of M&M.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 08:51:20 AM

Why don't you just post one of SirBruce's charts while you're at it?  Probably as much accuracy in one of those as there is in a list of release dates from Gamestop.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 09:34:09 AM

I'll probably get Legend of Heroes 2 (PSP) just for the shitty translation job.  LoH: A Tear of Vermillion was one of the worse translations I've ever played.  Seriously, at one point a main character is calling a group of error prone villians a "bunch of crowns", and that wasn't the only time they made that mistake.  Also, there's a chance one of your characters will be wielding the fearsome "Megido Frail" early on.  The game was rather charming in an old school type of way with a story that rose above what I thought it would be.  I was going to write a review of the game after I beat it (even though no one reads psp reviews) but the goddamn boss double AE'd my party (killing everyone) after a 30 minute fight. 

Some stuff in that list I'll be interested in.. but not a hell of a lot (NWN2 comes out the day after my birthday, yay!).  Guess I can go ahead and buy Monster Hunter for my psp, because it looks like my gaming budget is going to be just fine for a while.

-Rasix
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 10:14:12 AM

I heard Oct 3 '06 for UT2k7.

Just sayin'

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
LadyGuardian
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 10:23:25 AM

I interviewed some MS PR reps at E3 and the whole deal with Shadowrun is that PC owners will be able to play 360 gamers so we can settle this whole "keyboard and mouse vs. controller" thing.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 10:42:15 AM

I interviewed some MS PR reps at E3 and the whole deal with Shadowrun is that PC owners will be able to play 360 gamers so we can settle this whole "keyboard and mouse vs. controller" thing.

What "thing"?  A blind grandmother on a PC could smoke a console FPS tournament.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:46:22 AM

Ignored what?

Kitty LUV is on there. KITTY LUV. There is nothing more indie than that. Nothing. Also, the list was weak sauce on the PC section.

From memory, since I have other written down at home, Secret Files: Tunguska (adventure game, late summer), Glory of the Roman Empire (Roman city simulator, mid-summer) and probably a few others. Smaller games that aren't sequels and might be crap.
Strazos

Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 12:41:16 PM

What "thing"?  A blind grandmother on a PC could smoke a console FPS tournament.

I look forward to hearing console gamers everywhere cry.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 12:56:33 PM

Lol, this should be funny. Maybe they will have a Auto-aim like Metroid Prime.
Strazos

Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 01:57:09 PM

There's auto-aim on the GC game? If it's in Hunters, then I don't have it turned on.

Fear the Backstab!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 02:08:02 PM

There's auto-aim on the GC game? If it's in Hunters, then I don't have it turned on.

It is more properly a lock-on mechanic, but it is present in the Metroid Prime games.  Even Metroid Prime: Corruption for the Wii, I understand.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 03:12:56 PM

It's was more like the other way around, at least for a while. They apparently had auto-aim cranked so high at one point on the 360 version that PC players were getting stomped by the console players. Despite their claims otherwise there's going to be a constant stream of complaints that one side has the control advantage over the other -- i.e. it's a no win situation for Microsoft.

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1286
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:43:53 AM

Glory of the Roman Empire (Roman city simulator, mid-summer)

That one's Bulgarian. Seen it, looks nice and plays nice. But I'm biased so just ignore me :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 05:46:59 AM

Why don't you just post one of SirBruce's charts while you're at it?  Probably as much accuracy in one of those as there is in a list of release dates from Gamestop.
Bingo! A Gamestop/EB release date is about as useful as shit on a stick in a gun fight. They make up so many it's not funny. Unless I've read a for sure date from the company I won't tell customers what our computer says or give them a rough quarter just cause our company has the worst predictions. That PS3 list is such a lie.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 10:20:24 AM

That PS3 list is such a lie.

I'm not sure any PS3 list is a non-lie.

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 10:25:55 PM

Hey, you know who else uses the phrase "weak sauce?"  Jake!  From Advance Wars!
schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 10:36:42 PM

I bet someone in Disgaea 2 will use it also. I should have submitted "Weak Sauce" as a name for a prinny.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 10:38:22 PM

What's prinny?
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 10:56:46 PM

An explosive zombie penguin filled with the souls of those who don't deserve heaven.

Want to play Disgaea yet?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 11:03:20 AM

An explosive zombie penguin filled with the souls of those who don't deserve heaven.

Want to play Disgaea yet?
I love you for that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Since May and June are weak sauce...  
Jump to: