Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Oasis, right? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis, right?  (Read 7924 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: June 03, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Ok, dl'ed the trial (again) and going to play it.  ATiTD is making me twitchy and my WoW fever has passed.

I made a ratonga assassin (named Xanthippe, strangely enough) for my trial.  What are the WTFBBQPWNFOTM classes, currently?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:25:56 PM

I quit EQ2 and atitd.

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:12:43 AM

So, whatcha goinna play, Taz?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:12:49 AM

I guess nothing. All my drugs wore off, and I am stuck sober.  Metaphorically speaking.

"Me am play gods"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 10:20:04 AM

Let's see how long that lasts.

I'm always so late to the party.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 11:19:27 AM

I go through that, sometimes, where I just lose interest and have no motivation to play online games.  Personally, I think taking breaks is a good thing.  By the time that happens, I always have a slew of books I've been intending to read and a bunch of films I'd like to see.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 11:21:43 AM

I just went through that myself.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 11:37:53 AM

There are no words for how happy I am that there's nothing coming out for 4 weeks that I want to play.

I plan on watching season 2 of Boston Public, a LOT of movies, and uhm. Not getting fired from my new job.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 11:38:37 AM

Read a book or two, too.  It's good for the mind.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 11:48:53 AM

That's what audiobooks are for, Feet.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 12:36:51 PM

That's what audiobooks are for, Feet.

She is lucky someone does give her a new grief title...

On another note; I evidently never cancelled my EQ2 sub.  I just did.  Unfortunately I do not have the wherewithal to log in- UO is fun fun.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 12:54:13 PM

You're a flakier MMOGamer than I am.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 02:09:12 PM

You're a flakier MMOGamer than I am.

I tend to juggle subs as I go along- the better the game, the longer I leave my sub running.  You may call it flaky, I prefer to call it voting with my dollar!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 02:43:01 PM

On another note; I evidently never cancelled my EQ2 sub.  I just did.  Unfortunately I do not have the wherewithal to log in- UO is fun fun.

See, I heard UO _was_ fun fun fun (operative word being was) until somebody screwed with something and then it wasn't fun anymore.

I never played UO but I recall playing an Ultima game once.  A single player game, maybe Ultima4 or something.  Anyway, all this talk about being good and upright and so on, yet the only way to get ahead I could figure out was to go into people's houses and steal their stuff.  I was all in a dither because I couldn't figure out what else to do, and I didn't want to be "bad."

So I stopped playing.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 07:31:36 AM

What are the WTFBBQPWNFOTM classes, currently?

For the next few days it's still conjurors and necro's that are overall the best. They are the best solo classes and also can be top tier damage in either raids or groups. In the next LU they are going to be nerfed a bit. I haven't played on test but from what I hear they will still be excellent solo but will slide back down in place to tier 2 damage (behind Wiz/Warlock and Ass/Ranger).

Illusionists and Coercers are supposed to be getting buffed up a bit. I recently started playing my 21 Illusionist again and brought him up to 24 to compare him to post-patch. I'm actually surprised right now about how decent he is solo. The pet actually isn't too bad once you get him up to adept 1 level.

Tanks - Guardians for raid tanking & monk/bruiser for exp.

Healers - All are pretty equal.

Scouts - All are pretty equal in their own role. Brigand/Swash = debuffs and second tier damage. Ass/Ranger - First tier DPS. Dirge/Troub - buffs/debuffs but low damage.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 10:37:31 AM

(behind Wiz/Warlock and Ass/Ranger).

I knew EQ2 had some weird classes, but Whiz Warlock and Ass Ranger?  How much mana does it cost for an Ass Ranger to do his Cornhole spell?  Can a Whiz Warlock summon a Piss Elemental?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 01:00:54 PM

The Whiz Warlock is a DD class, mostly relying on Stream of Fire and the like.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 07:54:26 PM

How much mana does it cost for an Ass Ranger to do his Cornhole spell?

It's called Burning Ring of Fire. And it costs Cash not Mana.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 11:24:59 AM

I stuck whatever Tier 2 rares I found into the guild bank.  I'm pretty sure I'm going provisioner, which means I won't be using rares (at least that's how I understand it).

Etheria is now 20.  I also have a ton of maple and hides that I doubt I'll be using, if anyone wants them, but I didn't want to stick them in guild slots in case we need the slots for other things.

Off to start a new wow toon on ED too, because my attention span is so goddamned short lately.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 08:35:02 PM

I too have quit ATitD and resubbed to EQ2.  You may see me back on Nebu the Brigand in the near future.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 08:44:27 PM

We can all meet up for another two or three weeks of mind numbing fun when T4 comes out. 

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 08:48:01 PM

We can all meet up for another two or three weeks of mind numbing fun when T4 comes out. 

I think I've learned my lesson.  While Teppy is a great concept guy, he's terrible when it comes to implementation.  I won't give him any moreof my money until he's proven that he's changed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:23 PM

I thought maybe T3 would be a bit different, but it's only worse.  I don't enjoy the skill system at all.  I just couldn't stay interested.  I left my house to Sly, though. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Oasis, right?  
Jump to: