Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Level 1 gear > level 25 Armor quest gear 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Level 1 gear > level 25 Armor quest gear  (Read 3334 times)
jpark
Terracotta Army

on: June 03, 2006, 09:55:36 AM

And that is pretty much it.  The artist lock-out continues in this game.

Level 1 newbie gear has been improved in appearance by light years.  One problem - as soon as you out level it - the gear for the balance of you level progression up to level 30 looks as shitty as it ever did and is inferior in appearance to the somewhat appealing starting gear on newbie island.

Fucking appalling.  Example:  my level 29 Templar who completed his armor quest - and is fully equipped - looks now looks exactly the same to the newbie gear he recieved at level 1.  Prior to completing the armor quest his gear looked worse than the level 1 gear.

These guys just don't get it.  WoW updates armor appearances for sets - and even has a web page devoted to them so you can look by gear type, race and class.  The developers in EQ2 are still on their lunch break.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:57:28 AM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:07:53 AM

The developers in EQ2 are still on their lunch break.
I think they are still busy patching in "The Fun".

I liked the 2 weeks I played the game, but I could not bring myself to log in after that.  cry

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Bill
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 01:59:42 PM

EQ is holding my attention until something better comes along. I guess I'll be waiting for Warhammer Online then...

It's a shame that the EQ2 art team is so retarded, my old HL2 mod team could work faster than they can. I mean it's hardly a huge amount of effort to reskin a few models. You're right about armor appearances, my ranger looked pretty good at the end of her AQs, then I hit 30 and look like I'm 10 again.... So I just gimped myself with a nice leather set instead, at least I look good.

The game is actually rather enjoyable at the moment, yes it's just a level grind like every other MMO these days, but there's enough fun content and pretty things to look at  for me. The art team just needs a bit of a kicking.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Level 1 gear > level 25 Armor quest gear  
Jump to: