Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Come back! Come back! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come back! Come back!  (Read 3496 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: May 31, 2006, 09:16:07 AM

I don't know why I deserve these things, perhaps because I had a station pass at one point, but I got another "come back" offer in the post. It's similar to the last one they did. Comes with a poster touting the end of the pre-class system and your free retrial starts when you log in your account. They kick in an in game bag as well.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 12:10:46 PM

I should get a bag too, since I have not bothered to cancel.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:27:22 AM

So I was in the middle of resubscribing, had my credit card out and everything, when I get to that screen where they try and sell you the extra features like advanced character website and so on.  I click on the "show example" for the advanced item database because I was wondering what it looked like, of course being SOE it brings up some other page that does not show an example item...  I close that browser and click next to continue with my subscription and out of the corner of my eye I notice something.  The bastards had checked off the "purchase item database" option merely because I clicked on their link to show me an example.  I almost didn't notice that dirty, underhanded move and would have wound up paying for it.

That combined with the fresh memory of having to actually phone them up to cancel my subscription last time made me scrap the whole idea of resubscribing.  Fucking SOE.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:41 AM

That combined with the fresh memory of having to actually phone them up to cancel my subscription last time made me scrap the whole idea of resubscribing.  Fucking SOE.

You had to call them to cancel?  Man, that sucks!  My cancellation worked just fine online.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:00:41 PM

I had to call them up to cancel last time. I have no idea why, but it wouldn't accept my city of birth (and yes, I discussed it with the person on the phone and it was exactly what I entered).

SOE has a nice opportunity to add value by tossing in all those web services to all subscribers like the camelot herald did, but they're too greedy. And it can't bring in too much revenue since from what I can tell from the forums, they are broken most of the time.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 06:41:28 PM

I love SOE, consistent to the last. "Log in and your 7 days will start as soon as you do."
"
"You do not have an Everquest II Subscription"

Thanks for nothing!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Come back! Come back!  
Jump to: