Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Game Review: Sin Episode One - Emergence. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Review: Sin Episode One - Emergence.  (Read 11739 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: May 23, 2006, 02:54:54 PM

Would've been a lot sooner, but you know, new frontpage thing.

Pics coming when I get proper access to upload them. Heh.

Yay. Pics!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:48:12 PM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:40 PM

How am I the first person to post in this thread?

Anyway, so it comes with the original SiN game? Is it using the new Source engine, or is it Really just the original game? I had played the demo "back in the day," and it was good, but I still didn't buy it.

The new game looks gorgeous though. I may have to reinstall Steam and everything.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:09:00 PM

Yah weird, I'm not sure everyone saw it on the front page.

Btw, how much is it on Steam?

- Viin
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:58:38 PM

There was a thread in New Releases that went on about Emergence. I was going to link to that, but couldn't decide if it would be more or less confusing to link to a thread in a forum not dedicated to frontpage stuff, or to make a new one. I ended up deciding to make a new one.

As for your questions:

1. The SiN you get is the original SiN, not a remake or rewrite with a new engine. Makes it annoying to adjust stuff since the menu graphics are locked at 640x480 and you pretty much have to use the arrow keys to get around the menus to set up everything up the way you want. Still a fun game, and impressive if you think about the release time of it.

2. On steam SiN: Episode One is $20. Well worth it IMO. I got in early and only had to pay about $17 after everything was said and done.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 11:52:58 AM

How does the story compare to other FPS? Is it in the Deux Ex category of quality writing?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 05:21:52 PM

How does the story compare to other FPS? Is it in the Deux Ex category of quality writing?
It's pretty much action movie fare like I said in the review. Sort of a not-as-dystopian view of the future with private security companies and the like running things, and a crazy biocompany CEO that wants to force mankind to "evolve".

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:44:08 PM

Somehow, I didn't see this article.  I won't get this game, it's not my sort of thing, but it does look very, very nice.  I'm really enjoying the front page these days, by the way.  Good review, Fab, and a great job on the front page, everyone.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Game Review: Sin Episode One - Emergence.  
Jump to: