Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: State of the Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Game  (Read 12297 times)
Xerapis
Contributor

on: May 23, 2006, 07:46:49 AM

So, is ANYONE still playing, or was I too late to the game?

I'm all alone and sad now.  So, appropriately enough, I made a dirge ;)

She's kinda cute, in that "music notes when she strikes makes my boyfriend giggle" kinda way.

But seriously.  Didn't we used to have a guild or something?  I'm unaware of new shiney capable of dragging anyone away.  I would log back into WOW, but the boyfriend is busy with classes, and I'm bored of soloing over there.

I know I play at weird times and shit, but I do have this whole week off.  Somebody use me!!

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07:41 AM

I am the only person active in Bat Country and I don't have officer rights. 
You are probably better off finding a social guild from the guild listings.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:23:22 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:26:02 AM

I could re-sub and fix you, Taz, unless there is somone with permissions still subbed.  Do you think it's worth it?  Eventually I might play again but I'm having concentration issues, at the moment. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:28:23 AM

I just a got a "Please come back for 10 days and get a free drop from Lord Nagafen as a present!  And here's a poster!" letter in the mail, so I might be popping in for a little bit later in the week.  I have officer status, but I'm not high enough to make other officers, I don't think.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 09:12:21 AM

I'm on Kithicor.  Name is "Harkane," although I'm still tooling around with alts.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 09:26:55 AM

I'm trying out a swashbuckler on AB right now.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:32:21 AM

I'm still probably the resident EQ2 catass. Playing on Everfrost as a 70 Swash and 64 Conjuror.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:39:49 AM

I just a got a "Please come back for 10 days and get a free drop from Lord Nagafen as a present!  And here's a poster!" letter in the mail, so I might be popping in for a little bit later in the week.  I have officer status, but I'm not high enough to make other officers, I don't think.

Is there a link on the EQ2 site for a free trial thingy?  If I can get in without paying I will make Tazel an officer and give out free stuff.  I have lots of stuff on my characters!

edit.  I mean free re-activation.  I know they had one when KoS was being developed. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:19:38 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:17:17 AM

As far as I know, free trials always mean starting new characters. At least with SOE. If someone has ever re-activated a cancelled account with a free trial, it would be news to me.  I am distinguishing between free trials and free account activations, the latter being somewhat rare.

I have never played WoW.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 12:15:06 PM

The letter (which was un-ironically addressed to my character) specifically stated that I could log-in to my old account at any time (no activation code, no end date specified) and it would activate the 10 day trial.  I can then claim the uber dragon loot on any existing character I want to.  The letter also stated that I was one of the lucky few receiving such a wonderful opportunity, which I assumed was total bullshit.  Although VL didn't get the same letter, yet...
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 12:23:49 PM

I could re-sub and fix you, Taz, unless there is somone with permissions still subbed.  Do you think it's worth it?  Eventually I might play again but I'm having concentration issues, at the moment. 
no

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 12:34:36 PM

Alrighty, then.   smiley

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 01:14:38 PM

Yeah, I've been unsubbed for at least and month, and having no withdrawal pangs.

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 02:50:36 PM

The letter (which was un-ironically addressed to my character) specifically stated that I could log-in to my old account at any time (no activation code, no end date specified) and it would activate the 10 day trial. I can then claim the uber dragon loot on any existing character I want to. The letter also stated that I was one of the lucky few receiving such a wonderful opportunity, which I assumed was total bullshit. Although VL didn't get the same letter, yet...

I didn't get the letter, but Ookii did.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:58:32 PM

Im unaware of new shiney capable of dragging anyone away.

Right here.

- Viin
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:58:42 PM

I didn't get a letter, either.   :-(  I'm tired of Ookii getting everything.  He has that front page bug, too.  It's not fair.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 05:44:42 PM

I'll probably be back at some point after the next Adventure Pack comes out to give it a try.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:22:36 AM

I was trying to think of something persuasive or witty to say, but I decided instead to go with...

Screw you guys (guys being a gender-non-specific term)!  You all suck. 

I'm going back to crafting now.  It's fun when I'm making specific items.  It blows when I'm making stacks of food.  They really need a way to automate stack of food crafting.  Everything else can be single craft.  But not shit I need a stack of 20 for.  :(

My gruff dwarf warden is LOVING the pristine elm boxes he can make now.  My bank space is so much...errr...huger.  Yes, I know it's not a word.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 06:25:50 AM

My bank space is so much...errr...huger.  Yes, I know it's not a word.

The spell checker would disagree with you.

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 06:28:44 AM

Then clearly the spell checker, much like all you non-playing bastiches, is WRONG!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Then clearly the spell checker, much like all you non-playing bastiches, is WRONG!

shocked

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 08:25:20 AM

I'm going back to crafting now.  It's fun when I'm making specific items.  It blows when I'm making stacks of food.  They really need a way to automate stack of food crafting.  Everything else can be single craft.  But not shit I need a stack of 20 for.  :(

Subcombines will be going away in June for all tiers. That means you'll be able to make the 5 hour food/drink now with just a single combine. If they change it all to be like tier 7 it will also result in 2 of them. So, in T7 you can get 10 hours of food or drink in a single combine. Much less tedious.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 08:47:56 AM

Is there a link on the EQ2 site for a free trial thingy?  If I can get in without paying I will make Tazel an officer and give out free stuff.  I have lots of stuff on my characters!

edit.  I mean free re-activation.  I know they had one when KoS was being developed. 

Cheddar - I also received one of those letters. I don't know if it's because I have had the same account since release or what, but even if you didn't get a letter, it might be worth it to just try to login to your account. If the offer was made for your account, it should let you login and start your ten days. If not, you'll be given an error that you don't have an active subscription. Since I got the letter, I'm going to start tinkering around with Wikybiky again for another month or so.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 09:27:59 AM

Nope, wouldn't let me log in to my account without a subscription.  Maybe they just toss them out in small batches or something. 

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 09:53:20 AM

I'll probably be back at some point after the next Adventure Pack comes out to give it a try.

Me too. Planetside has me until EQ2 has some new content for my level. I am sick of the desert after 10 levels there (47-57) even though there are still a shitton of quests I could solo. Unfortunately, they all involve the same general areas just different mob types.

I have never played WoW.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 11:10:50 AM

Nope, wouldn't let me log in to my account without a subscription.  Maybe they just toss them out in small batches or something. 

Either that or they know I'm weak when it comes to their game. They included a shiny PvP poster with all of the classes on it, too. I can't say it didn't just go into the garbage, but it was a nice thought... with the exception of it being a double-sided poster so I don't know how you would hang it up on the wall for reference. And it wasn't "good on one side, bad on the other" either. It was alphabetical. So, umm, yeah. Reactivated and whatnot. The bad thing? I had uninstalled the game client to save hard drive space and prevent myself from being weak and resubscribing. Damn SOE and their marketing with free game time.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 12:06:26 PM

My boss got a set of four champagne flutes and a box of Godiva chocolates along with the message "come and talk to us about our product and we'll give you a magnum of Dom Perignon to fill the glasses with". That's the kind of marketing that would get me to re-sub to an MMOG.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 12:16:16 PM

My boss got a set of four champagne flutes and a box of Godiva chocolates along with the message "come and talk to us about our product and we'll give you a magnum of Dom Perignon to fill the glasses with". That's the kind of marketing that would get me to re-sub to an MMOG.

Did I point out that I am weak?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 12:38:50 PM

Well since there is a small surge of people migrating back I will re-intsall (remember my comp went blooey and had to reinstall windows) the game this weekend, clean up the guild somewhat, appoint someone with awesome leet powers, and share some shinies.  Perhaps someone can start a thread checking who is still playing!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:27 PM

I got conned into resubbing. About to hit 40 on Nagafen. I guess I want to see what the eq2 end game is like so I can see what problems there are.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 10:06:51 AM

What is the crafting system like?  I'm getting mmog-ennui again.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 10:44:05 AM

What is the crafting system like?  I'm getting mmog-ennui again.

Crafting is going to be changing (again) sometime in early June. The gist of the system is to gather components while out adventuring (or buy them off the broker). Once you have components to make something you then buy some fuel and head to a crafting station. When you start crafting there is a mini-game of reactions and counters that will determine the quality of item you make. Basically, you're trying to preserve durability while maxing out the item progress. You do this through a series of buffs that you gain as you level your crafting level. On average each combine takes around 30s up to a full minute if you are really trying to make the top end quality.

Leveling in the early levels is extremely fast. Each combine up till about level 10 is worth almost a full level. At the top end (levels 60-70) each combine is roughly 1% - 2%. The rate scales fairly smoothly throughout the leveling curve.

The changes coming in June are going to remove subcomponents from the game entirely. The process used to force you to craft 3-4 subcomponents (at 30s each) to then make one final, usable item. All combines will now just be a single combine to make a usable item. The combines will still take the same number of resources. Additionally the harvesting of resources is going to be easier. Resources currently come from nodes, each node has 3 resources, it takes 8s to "cast" your harvest skill which then results in a success or failure. You continue harvesting a single node until you obtain all 3 resources. The change going in is going to allow multiple resources per harvest. The average is set at 3 resources with a chance to get up to 10 in a single harvest depending on your harvesting skills.

That's a fairly rough summary but it should give you the general idea.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 11:05:39 AM

Oh good.  I didn't do much crafting in EQ2 because it was annoying so those changes will be welcome.  I'm not nuts about the mini-game but it's not awful enough to totally discourage crafting.  It's not as good as SWG crafting but, other than that game, it's better than most other's I've tried.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 12:08:07 PM

Oh good.  I didn't do much crafting in EQ2 because it was annoying so those changes will be welcome.  I'm not nuts about the mini-game but it's not awful enough to totally discourage crafting.  It's not as good as SWG crafting but, other than that game, it's better than most other's I've tried.

Better that ATiTD?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: May 25, 2006, 12:24:09 PM

I'm not sure how to compare anything with ATITD's crafting.  It's really different, more complex and intense than regular MMO crafting.  I mean, you don't have to make the things you need to make things with in EQ2 or any other MMO.  But I will say that a lot of people play EQ2 for it's crafting, much like most people play Horizons for the crafting.  In the case of Horizons, however, that's all there is as the combat sucks.  EQ2 has a bit more to offer in other areas, too.  Of course, there is no big sign with giant red letters directing you to the monsters in EQ2....

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: State of the Game  
Jump to: