Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Authentication server upgrade today, May 23 (1 AM - 11 AM PDT) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Authentication server upgrade today, May 23 (1 AM - 11 AM PDT)  (Read 2186 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 23, 2006, 03:12:44 AM

Authentication Upgrades 5-23-06

We will be performing hardware upgrades to our authentication system tomorrow, May 23, starting at 1:00 AM PDT and lasting until the end of our regularly scheduled maintenance at 11:00 AM. Players may experience problems when trying to log in to the game before the realms come down for maintenance. Account management, new account creation, and parental control features will be unavailable during this time.

Customer Support Impact:

The in-game petition system and the GM staff will not be available to take player petitions from 1:00 AM PDT to 11:00 AM PDT.

Billing & Account Services telephone support will be unavailable from 9:00 AM PDT until maintenance is complete.

During this time, we will be migrating the existing data from our current authentication platform over to the new hardware. Please keep in mind that this is a new system, and there may be minor issues with our authentication system when the realms go live 11:00 AM. We will be watching the new systems performance closely, and will keep you informed if any issues arise. Thank you for your patience during this time.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:03:31 AM

Thank you, Trippy.  Me and a UO buddy resubbed to WoW yesterday for a fix of shiny and ding, and I was just wondering why the fuck I couldn't log on.  Their website appears to be taking a shit at the moment as well, so I couldn't go there to see what the hell was going on.

(I fully expect to have gotten bored and gone back to UO as of a month or two from now, but whatever.  I'm having fun at the moment.)

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:31:16 PM

Authentication Upgrades 5-23-06

We will be performing hardware upgrades to our authentication system tomorrow, May 23, starting at 1:00 AM PDT and lasting until the end of our regularly scheduled maintenance at 11:00 AM. Players may experience problems when trying to log in to the game before the realms come down for maintenance. Account management, new account creation, and parental control features will be unavailable during this time.

Customer Support Impact:

The in-game petition system and the GM staff will not be available to take player petitions from 1:00 AM PDT to 11:00 AM PDT.

Billing & Account Services telephone support will be unavailable from 9:00 AM PDT until maintenance is complete.

During this time, we will be migrating the existing data from our current authentication platform over to the new hardware. Please keep in mind that this is a new system, and there may be minor issues with our authentication system when the realms go live 11:00 AM. We will be watching the new systems performance closely, and will keep you informed if any issues arise. Thank you for your patience during this time.

I really think this is like my works website. Every time our database crashes, our boss would make us put up a page saying "We are currently upgrading our server for new and faster resaults". I bet every time their authentication server melts down they are "upgrading".
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Authentication server upgrade today, May 23 (1 AM - 11 AM PDT)  
Jump to: