Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Phase 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WoW Phase 3  (Read 33368 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 01:57:05 PM

Quote from: Signe
He's a furry.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 02:01:14 PM

Quote from: schild
He's a furry.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Bastard.  You made me spill my coffee all over myself.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 02:19:51 PM

Bastard. You made me spill my coffee all over myself.

No, this will.

Quote from: Johnson101

You wrote this, am i rite?

Edit: Damn, I'm bored. I definately blame JoWood for my lack of entertainment today.
Johnson101

Email
Reply #38 on: June 17, 2004, 02:25:03 PM

but wow made by blizz how cud be bad?
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: June 17, 2004, 02:26:04 PM

I rest my case.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 10:21:53 PM

Literally, "High Hand". Fuguratively, very skilled, ghetto, or godly. Generally a collective term that means anything awesome.

Since when was ghetto a synonym of "very skilled", "godly", or "awesome".
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #41 on: June 18, 2004, 03:32:42 AM

We're talking about STARCRAFT. Duck is probably another way to call someone an ass sucking jerkoff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: June 18, 2004, 06:36:13 AM

Cuz yo playahs be ghetto when they step all up in yo ass on starcraft!
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 06:37:16 AM

Quote from: NiX
We're talking about STARCRAFT. Duck is probably another way to call someone an ass sucking jerkoff.

Don't be such a duck.

QUACK
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 18, 2004, 06:45:25 AM

I am still telling myself it is a gimmick account.  I must mainain SOME hope for humanity.  There is sure as hell no way I am going to converse with it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #45 on: June 18, 2004, 07:24:28 AM

Don't worry, Alluvian, it'll be ok.  You're my friend and I'll help you through this.  I'm here for you.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 18, 2004, 08:37:06 AM

Thanks for the linkage.  I like this one:

gosu   

A sub-human who sacrifices his or her social and sex life in exchange for ungodly Starcraft or Warcraft abilities. There have been actual cases where many 'gosu' players had starved to death because of playing Starcraft for too long.

Gosu: "Hahahaha! I can make 82973 zerglings before you can even send your SCVs to the minerals! I'm the best! I FEAR NOTHING!"
    You: "...except natural light."

Someone was quite angry when they wrote this...

"Actual cases where many gosu players had starved to death" (emphasis mine)  What?  Were a bunch of gosu players sitting in a room falling over thier keyboards one by one in the last agonies of death by starvation while the survivors played on?

Well thats certainly set my mental image of what Gosu means.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #47 on: June 18, 2004, 08:51:34 AM

Ooo!

Gosu Survivor!

6 contestants enter the LAN Party, one exits alive!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #48 on: June 18, 2004, 10:12:49 AM

I'd pay to watch that.

But only if I could control the button that activated the electrodes attached to their testicles. With my hand at the trigger, we'd be assured of sterilization of the gosu species.

Johnson101... that has to be a gimmick account meaning "College Class focused on learning how to be a dick - 101."

He R freshman dick, kekela.

Please tell me he's Korean and such an eloquent grasp of Engrish is owed to it being his fourth language. You know, after Zerg, Retard and Mongoloid.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 18, 2004, 11:21:21 AM

Quote from: Sky
Ooo!

Gosu Survivor!

6 contestants enter the LAN Party, one exits alive!

There was a "sci-fi" novel written by a Japanese author about something similar. Can't remember the name or the author but it was a banned book in Japan for a while. Anyhow, the premise was that a junior high class was taken to a remote island. They were all given guns and left there. The last one surviving wins.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 18, 2004, 01:07:37 PM

Quote from: Soukyan
There was a "sci-fi" novel written by a Japanese author about something similar. Can't remember the name or the author but it was a banned book in Japan for a while. Anyhow, the premise was that a junior high class was taken to a remote island. They were all given guns and left there. The last one surviving wins.

Was it called "Paradise Lost:  Nippon Style"?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 18, 2004, 02:47:27 PM

Quote from: Murgos

Was it called "Paradise Lost:  Nippon Style"?

No. I found it. It's called Battle Royale.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 19, 2004, 01:33:21 AM

No. I found it. It's called Battle Royale.

Which was also made into an excellent film.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 28, 2004, 06:24:54 PM

I got a code from a friend on friday. Um, does the gameplay change at some point? It's pretty simplistic.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: June 28, 2004, 08:46:57 PM

WoW beta sign-ups for Europe start 5 July.

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/

schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: June 28, 2004, 09:51:23 PM

Quote from: Numtini
I got a code from a friend on friday. Um, does the gameplay change at some point? It's pretty simplistic.

It's Blizzard. Wtf do you expect? Complication like Civ? Patriarch?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 29, 2004, 03:16:26 AM

No just something as complicated and entertaining as Shadowbane PVE...

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 29, 2004, 04:42:28 AM

Quote from: Numtini

No just something as complicated and entertaining as Shadowbane PVE...

Is it really more simplistic than that? Please, share info.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 29, 2004, 06:05:25 AM

Gameplay so far is more or less EQ dumbed down to the point where you can solo anything. I haven't really had to use tactics, other than obvious things like use ranged attacks if I'm a caster, heal myself if I'm a healer, send in the pet first if I have one. It's really really hard to die, I've only died twice bringing several characters up to 8th and 9th, once when I went afk because I needed to stir dinner.

And you don't to group, other than to zerg bosses in the once every 5 or so level boss mobs. And grouping is pure zerging, the sum of the parts is not greater than the parts together. No class synergy. Really it's not even a zerg, just need a partner.

All games start slow, the newbie game in EQ gives no hint of the complexity of the later game (though 1st level in EQ is more challenging than anything I've seen in WOW). I'm just sort of wondering if anyone has played higher and if WOW changes and evolves as you get higher because I'd have expected it to start doing so at the levels I've gotten to.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 29, 2004, 06:35:55 AM

To be fair, first level in EQ for say - a Dark Elf Enchanter with no previous game experience (i.e. a noob) - is probably one of the most frustrating and difficult things you can try to do online.

Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 29, 2004, 06:36:08 AM

The game is being made for those who loved diablo and warcraft.  I am holding out about zero hope that I will like it or that it will make a fun and engaging mmorpg.
boley

Email
Reply #61 on: June 29, 2004, 07:20:27 AM

To be fair, first level in EQ for say - a Dark Elf Enchanter with no previous game experience (i.e. a noob) - is probably one of the most frustrating and difficult things you can try to do online.

Heck, the challange of finding your trainer at level 1 in EQ was harder than 99% of the content in other mmogs.  Finding some of the the darkelf trainers (and that one human rogue trainer) was just cruel.  

Not that any of that was a good thing mind you.

B
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 29, 2004, 07:26:56 AM

You should have played a dark elven shadowknight. The whole Lodge of the Dead was hidden in some backalley past a hole in the wall. Simply finding it took the better part of a whole night.

Spent the rest of the night figuring out how to get OUT of Neriak, just so I could hunt.

Fun fun fun!
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 29, 2004, 07:49:10 AM

Sonofabitch.  I am NEVER going to get into WoW beta.  *sigh*  Just wanted to vent.  Thankeesai.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 29, 2004, 08:16:19 AM

Quote from: Aslan
Sonofabitch.  I am NEVER going to get into WoW beta.  *sigh*  Just wanted to vent.  Thankeesai.

You can wallow in misery with me, then. I've resubscribed to AO to while away the time. Actually having a fun time of it, too, but I'd still like to test WoW on those rainy days.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #65 on: June 29, 2004, 08:34:01 AM

Quote from: Alluvian
The game is being made for those who loved diablo and warcraft.  I am holding out about zero hope that I will like it or that it will make a fun and engaging mmorpg.

Does it have the Horizon-style gigantic signs with arrows on them that say helpful things like "Monster" and "Resources?" Although, with Blizzard, there probably needs to be signs for "Exploit" and "ZergKekeLA."

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 29, 2004, 09:04:12 AM

Does it have the Horizon-style gigantic signs with arrows on them that say helpful things like "Monster" and "Resources?"

No, instead NPCs with giant exclamation points over their head direct you at all times exactly where to go in order to accomplish quests.

So in spirit, the answer to your question is really "yes."

WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: June 29, 2004, 09:47:58 AM

Heh- I had forgotten all about that. The n00b DE experience was miserable, but really made me appreciate how much easier everything else was in comparison. Misty Thicket was a paradise for n00bs to start in, for instance.

Someone tell me an EQ horror story, quick- I am getting nostalgic.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #68 on: June 29, 2004, 09:52:51 AM

13-hour plane raid. Nuff said.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 29, 2004, 10:15:41 AM

For those looking for a more complex n00b experience, Verdantine in AC is up, and the game is downloadable for "free" ($12.95 but the 1st month is free) at the Turbine site.

Once my eyes got used to the graphics, I started enjoying it.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Phase 3  
Jump to: