Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: College World Series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: College World Series  (Read 1633 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: June 14, 2004, 07:09:00 AM

For those of you who follow college baseball, and even those who don't, the college world series is opening on June 17, and will have several games televised. Link here: CWS Home

My University of Georgia Bulldogs swept GA Tech to make it into the series, and we are facing Arizona first. The SEC has four teams representing in the series, which may mean the conference is heavily favored to win the whole show. I of course predict UGA to be the winner of the whole thing, but I'd like to hear if anybody else has a dog in the fight or plans on watching.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:38:24 AM

Gamecocks are back for the thrid year. Wewt.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 11:43:15 AM

I'll probably tune in to watch my Cats get creamed.  Hell, we did a good job just getting to the CWS for the first time in 18 years.

Edit: Damn, I'm likely going to miss all of the Saturday action and most of the Sunday. (moving)

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:26 PM

Ahhh...the tink of ball colliding with an aluminum bat. One of the sweetest sounds in sports.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 05:16:07 PM

College baseball is a tough sport to watch. There's just such a huge difference in talent between college and the pros.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: College World Series  
Jump to: