Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I'm not dead yet. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm not dead yet.  (Read 4153 times)
Roac
Terracotta Army

on: May 16, 2006, 05:40:45 AM

I think I'm getting better.  For those still interested in SB.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:41:00 AM

While I am interested in seeing what this actually turns out to mean, the whole soap opera of "SB has gone free. come play!" followed by "Ubi is closing wolfpack on may 15th" and of couse "what does this have to do with Shadowbane" has been a exercise is how not to conduct public relations.

Still, it was nice to play recently for a while with a template I had never used.  Too bad the management from Ubi down apparently has no clue what they are doing.  At least they are in good company in this industry...

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 01:48:00 PM

My only thoughts for a new iteration of Shadowbane is that if it doesn't start with a completely new engine, including graphics and netcode, there's no reason to bother.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:59:08 PM

My only thoughts for a new iteration of Shadowbane is that if it doesn't start with a completely new engine, including graphics and netcode, there's no reason to bother.

Re-code 2 crush!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:31:28 PM

This is actually very good news for all SB players. Big problem is that for SB to exist some core issues have to be solved in a fairly radical ways. I don't think new engine is an option but some radical changes are in order.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 12:19:47 PM

It won't.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I'm not dead yet.  
Jump to: