Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ha, dumb me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ha, dumb me  (Read 1681 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: May 15, 2006, 03:41:46 PM

i took down a two BC spawn in my rupture without realizing they were BCs. no wonder they were so tough.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:41:03 PM

Spending forever taking those BCs out made me check my ammo loadout in QuickFit and then double checking with the Tracking Guide. Neither utility has a concept of wrecking shots or glancing blows or whatnot, does it? The DPS calculations seem about right, but the single shot damage in QuickFit seems way low. I regularly get excellent hits that are about twice the damage. Maybe I ought to use a log analyzer.

Does anybody have a link that breaks down the way turret hits work? Also, does anyone know if wrecking shots are included in the dps numbers in QuickFit or the tracking guide?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:08:43 PM

Answering my own question:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=275675

Hit quality is still an open question. Seems to be related to falloff and tracking.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 07:15:33 AM

The Rupture is a good ship. With the right hardeners you can do dual battleship + 3x BC spawns easily. Trick is to get the battleships to engage your drones (hobgobs) so they won't go to 35k and start pounding you.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41:26 AM

Anyway, in answer to my own question, with no falloff or transversal, you get a uniform distribution of turret hits from .5*mean to 1.5*mean, which why I regularly hit for more than the average. Wrecking shot is 1% of all hits (used to be 1% of all shots, got changed) and is 3*mean. So using your average for dps is a pretty reasonable approximation, as wrecking shots only make your mean dps 2% higher.

With targets in the ~50% miss range either due to tracking or distance, there's a penalty to the hit quality. Tests indicate that instead of doing 50% dps when you miss 50% of the time, you wind up doing ~40% dps due to lower quality hits.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ha, dumb me  
Jump to: