Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea?  (Read 8445 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: May 15, 2006, 09:14:15 AM

No mention?  Were they there?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:39:34 AM

I saw them on Thursday in South Hall, but couldn't find them again on Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to really talk to them. I was with an ex-Turbine designer at the time, and then an ex-Turbine artist ran into us, and... we got derailed.

Looked nice, though. They also had working an idea I'd had a couple years back - you see combat between other players on the travel map, but only as icon. If one player calls for help ("sends up a flare"), you can enter their little tactical combat instance.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:48:34 AM

Didn't see them at all, and I combed Kentia three times over with Llava. I wouldn't've expected them to have a stand anywhere else, really.
Tisirin
Developers

Cartoon Network

Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:17:40 AM

They were at the NVidia booth in the South Hall.   They had a couple of demo stations there, but not their own booth.  Great looking game, though!
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 11:47:15 AM

Damnit. I knew I should've paid more attention to the hardware booths. It's just that the Intel and Logitech booths were so desolate of interesting things... :-(
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 11:50:11 AM

The nVIDIA booth is ALWAYS a good time.  They frequently have better game demos there than the stuff at the game developers' booths. 

I believe that was the only place PotBS was being shown last year as well (again, mostly to show off the pretty water effects).

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 12:09:00 PM

Damn, I was keeping an eye out for this but didn't know to look in the nvidia booth.  Was hoping to see it.

Instead, I saw that Disney Pirate game.... yeah, not looking like that's For Us.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 12:11:20 PM

The showfloor was like the Den of Iniquity taken form. I regret nothing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea?  
Jump to: