Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: E3: Age of Conan Interview and Trailer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3: Age of Conan Interview and Trailer  (Read 16891 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: May 13, 2006, 09:15:16 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Nice long interview with game director, a nice chunk of alpha footage... also at www.ageofconan.com they have a new trailer up for E3.

Some cool stuff.

Video Gallery:

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&func_id=1022&template=inc_media_listing&selected=1022

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 10:18:45 AM

Good info and nice trailer.  I wonder if I'll be able to make a character whose mouth isn't hanging open or snarling though.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 10:37:18 AM

Good info and nice trailer.  I wonder if I'll be able to make a character whose mouth isn't hanging open or snarling though.

You can. I've got around 5 pages of scribbled Conan notes that I'll be working into a feature soon enough. We also have a video of character creation, although the dev showing it to us definitely seemed to like making his dude a snarler.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 06:45:16 PM

You can. I've got around 5 pages of scribbled Conan notes that I'll be working into a feature soon enough. We also have a video of character creation, although the dev showing it to us definitely seemed to like making his dude a snarler.

Cant wait!

By the way they are still hiring GM's here in NC for those of you needing jobs.

The trailer was amazing, but for some reason the Gamespot interview runs around 1 frame per 10 secs, and I cant seem to be able to find a link to just download it. Any help?  undecided
NVM now all the sudden it works.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:04:45 PM by Broughden »

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 05:34:34 AM

Trailers are fine but that interview was excellent.  It really showed some fun stuff for the game but obviously it was showing that initial 20 levels of solo play part.  I'm curious to see how much of that still works when your in full on MMO land.  I'll play it just to see how they handle the small unit stuff, that sounds like it could be pretty cool.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 06:38:15 AM

Trailers are fine but that interview was excellent.  It really showed some fun stuff for the game but obviously it was showing that initial 20 levels of solo play part.  I'm curious to see how much of that still works when your in full on MMO land.  I'll play it just to see how they handle the small unit stuff, that sounds like it could be pretty cool.

That sounds good, but the mounted combat they demonstrated was what got my heart racing. That looked really cool.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:14:58 AM

That looked like they borrowed heavily from Mount and Blade, if so it will be a lot of fun.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 08:48:47 AM

Q4 of this year?  Holy crap that looked sweet.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 09:04:58 AM

Dare we get our hopes up again MMO fans?
Dare we allow ourselves to think that this time things will be better?

Despite my hopes having been shattered so many times before upon the rocky backs of broken borked MMO's, I think I feel the faint flutter of anticipation stirring in my chest.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 09:39:26 AM

It's Funcom, does anymore need to be said?  As I recall AO was pretty cool up until the last few patches of Beta, when it started wiping hard drives, kagiggering registrys and summoning the legions of Beazelbub.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 10:18:29 AM

It's Funcom, does anymore need to be said?  As I recall AO was pretty cool up until the last few patches of Beta, when it started wiping hard drives, kagiggering registrys and summoning the legions of Beazelbub.

That was almost 5 years ago though.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 12:23:35 PM

, I think I feel the faint flutter of anticipation stirring in my chest.

Or dare I say, since this is Conan afterall, that I feel the fluttering in my "loins"?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 01:38:33 PM

I thought AO was pretty cool overall. Some technical problems but a pretty neat game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 04:43:23 PM

I liked AO cause in the newb area there were lil baddies called leets and eleets that would talk crap in 1337 speak.

Overall, I think its a good thing that its Funcom at the helm. They have probably learned some lessons from the horrible launch of AO and a thing or 2 about making a fun MMO. I am actually  getting my hopes up, beyond what the years have taught me.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 05:59:33 PM

Man, that beheading cracks me up!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 08:11:51 PM

Boom Headshot! - Medieval Style.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 10:58:37 PM

For the record, anyone who wants to get into reading some of REH's Conan stuff I'd recommend The Conquering Sword of Conan.  Actually I'd recommend reading all 3 collections in order thus saving this one for last, but if you only read one that's the one I'd suggest.

In addition to the well known story Red Nails (now being adapted for an upcomming animated movie), this collection also has my two favorite Conan stories "Beyond the Black River", and "The Black Stranger".  In both of those stories Conan plays a background part for the majority of the tales.  The character of Balthus in "Beyond the Black River" especially makes a good case for a game like Age of Conan, showing that Conan wasn't the only person who was capable of great heroism.  As the point of view character for most of the story you also get a rare chance to see Conan through someone else's eyes, which makes for a great story.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 01:41:01 AM

c0n4n, what is best in this game??

to pwn ur enemies, to see them log off in frustration, and to hear the shit-talking of their mangina guildmates!!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:42 AM

That's, snarling magina guildmates.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 10:20:33 AM

Boom Headshot! - Medieval Style.

Approproate music for the carnage! "Boom" by POD.

I said
Boom! Here comes the Boom!
Ready or not, here comes the boys from the South
Boom! Here comes the Boom!
Ready or not, How you like me now?

Is that all you got?
I'll take your best shot.
Is that all you got?
I'll take your best shot.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 10:36:55 AM

You suck.

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:42:13 AM

Heh, that'll do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: E3: Age of Conan Interview and Trailer  
Jump to: