Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: what happens when you log out/lose connection? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what happens when you log out/lose connection?  (Read 1611 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: May 11, 2006, 09:22:32 AM

If I lose connection while I'm flying around, what happens? Does my ship disappear or what?
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 09:27:10 AM

You are usually warped to a safespot until you log in again, and then returned to your original spot. Unless, of course, you in PvP combat, in which case your POD will be warped away after your ships goes POP.

This is what has happened in my experience, at least.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:40:59 AM

Assuming you're not warp scrambled you warp away in a random direction (I think) 200,000KM.  If you are warp scrambled you sit there like a lemon probably dying horribly.

If you've been in player combat in the last 15 minutes (that includes being targeted by another player) you will remain in space until that 15 minutes expires, then you disappear.  This gives people a chance to probe out people who log off to escape combat or whatnot.  If you haven't been in combat recently you disappear in a minute or so.  So, if you're running from people and are attacked, warp around between safespots for 15 minutes before logging off if you want to be extra safe.

Once you log back in you'll warp back to your original position with the normal warp in variance at 15km.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:44:18 AM

And if you're in the middle of warp when you log off?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:46:39 AM

I believe you still come out of warp at the end and then you'll warp to a random spot in a few seconds/minutes.. just like normal.

- Viin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: what happens when you log out/lose connection?  
Jump to: