Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: E3: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade trailer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade trailer  (Read 32391 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 11, 2006, 12:36:22 AM

E3: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade trailer

Testing out some Flash Video stuff. Post questions, comments, and complaints about the Flash Video on the front page to here.

And yes, Blizzard really is making people go through their BitTorrent client to download the trailer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:39:14 AM by Trippy »
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:38:40 AM

Is that a joke? Did the CG team leave them? Were they the guys that went to NCsoft? Come on, that trailer is awful. CG we've seen over and over and over and over again plus some gameplay shots. Seriously, when I see a new Blizzard trailer I expect a whole lot more than that.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:56:37 AM

Yes many members of the cinematics team have left Blizzard (three went to Red 5 Studios including the WoW cinematics director). Most of that CG at the beginning is recycled from the original WoW intro though there are flashes of what are presumably the cinematic for the Burning Crusade into.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:02:36 AM

Where would those "flashes". Maybe I wasn't paying attention after I saw the dwarf for the 10000000th time, but I sure didn't see any new CG

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:14 AM

I don't remember these from the original, for example (I don't have the intro handy at the moment to check):

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:32:56 AM

Yes, you're indeed correct. Those are not in the original trailer. I'm however sure I've seen them somewhere. Maybe it has to do with the setting.
Here's the original trailer

At 2:01 you see the undead warlock with the infernal for the first time - Yes I agree, the windmill is a bit different, but the skie is absolutly the same. And when he steps on the ground a bit earlier you can see the grass is quite the same.

The second one I don't know about. I'm sure I've seen this dude somewhere... I distinctly remember the horns on the helm from somewhere. May be I'm just imagining stuff now.

Even if we do go on and say it's from a new trailer, why would the plaguelands and a random human dude in a forest that's obviously not in outland be in the Burning Crusade trailer.

I'm sorry, I'm just extremly bored at work right now. The boss is at E3 and noone does anything around here :(

Edit: There we go. They're from the WoW teaaser that was realesed a long long time ago (I think it was even at ECTS or something... yeah that's how long ago :P ).
edit again lol: The thing I linked isn't the actual teaser, but some mix and match thing done by a fan. It has both scenes in it tho. The teaser was about 30 secs long, starting with the camera going through a Stronghold door and than there are these flashes of "Strength", "Honor", "Danger", "Cheese", "Pie", etc. You should remember it :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:45:23 AM by Wolf »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:38:20 AM

Even if we do go on and say it's from a new trailer, why would the plaguelands and a random human dude in a forest that's obviously not in outland be in the Burning Crusade trailer.
To give all the fanboys something to talk about so they don't start burning the WoW developers in effligy for releasing such a boring trailer? :-D

Edit: Well never mind then, I was wrong. The brain drain may be hurting them more than people realize.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:38:55 AM

I like that they showed real in-game video instead of a bunch of fluffy CGI that has nothing to do with reality.

And they probably didn't make any new GGI because they spent the whole trailer budget on that expensive narrator that does all the blockbuster movies  smiley.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 06:39:49 AM

Trailer voice over work: serious stuff.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 06:56:11 AM

I just can't stop a shiver every time I see the words 'socket' 'jewelcrafting' or 'socketed'.

That's gonna be the hit for me.  Right in the mainline.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 06:41:37 PM

I thought the voiceover was the cheesiest, most unconvincing pile of crap I've ever heard in a trailer.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 07:55:37 PM

And they probably didn't make any new GGI because they spent the whole trailer budget on that expensive narrator that does all the blockbuster movies  smiley.

That guy has a name. It's "Optimus Prime." No, really.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 08:54:41 PM

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 11:24:27 PM

No, I'm pretty sure that is Peter Cullen AKA Optimus, who is also a big movie preview guy. His voice is deeper and richer than Lofontaine.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 01:35:17 AM

I didn't listen to it with sound (as I browse at work).  I'll try tho, because I'd recognise Optimus anywhere.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 07:10:15 AM

I just can't stop a shiver every time I see the words 'socket' 'jewelcrafting' or 'socketed'.

That's gonna be the hit for me.  Right in the mainline.

Me too.  I know this from my recent activities in GW: Factions.  I get a little rush of something nice everytime I find a new item that unlocks a rune or upgrade.

Ooo, I just had to shudder.  I should see somebody about this problem of mine.

Of course, my expectation is that they will make everything that is REALLY nice only obtainable through raiding extensively.  So, I'll be happy for about 2-3 months.  Then, I'll be right back to my jaded self.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 09:46:45 AM

Hurray, the new Alliance race is fucking Gargoyles. Which is okay I guess. Gargoyles was one of the best shows on TV until they started farming out the animation and started that "lost in time" crap.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:41 AM

No, I'm pretty sure that is Peter Cullen AKA Optimus, who is also a big movie preview guy. His voice is deeper and richer than Lofontaine.

I agree.  His voice is a little different than it used to be, but the boy's getting old.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 06:26:36 AM

Hurray, the new Alliance race is fucking Gargoyles. Which is okay I guess. Gargoyles was one of the best shows on TV until they started farming out the animation and started that "lost in time" crap.
I had totally forgotten about that cartoon, that was a really great series if you were in the age bracket.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 11:59:45 AM

"in a time before time"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '06  |  Topic: E3: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade trailer  
Jump to: