Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Man sues Second Life creator over terminated account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man sues Second Life creator over terminated account  (Read 3604 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 09, 2006, 11:15:55 PM

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:56:14 AM

I wish him luck but he is going to find out very quickly that he didn't buy what he thought he did.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:14:55 AM

He makes an interesting point though that the game explicitly supports a two-way exchange market of in-game currency and US dollars (i.e. you can buy L$ for US$ and sell L$ for US$ through their Web site). If the game creator can arbitrarily freeze accounts that is real money that is being locked up.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:30:13 AM

I support the end of the concept of virtual property.

"Me am play gods"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 11:23:17 AM

What kind of a moron buys virtual property for investment purposes?

Sheesh.

I'll be surprised if this case gets beyond a summary judgment (against him, of course).
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 11:34:17 AM

But if the company is facilitating the transaction and encouraging people to spend money on virtual property, why shouldn't owner of said virtual property expect to not have the property stolen by the company.  I hate virtual property.  I hate the people who sell virtual property then rip off the buyers and say "It's not real, it doesn't count" even more.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 11:49:26 AM

The truth points to itself.

Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 01:24:30 AM

Sheesh.

I'll be surprised if this case gets beyond a summary judgment (against him, of course).

There is a guy in Miami who was recently in the news. He rents property on a Space Station he bought in some game run out of the Netherlands. He clears around 12k US$ a month he said in rental fees.

He is hoping once his night club and other things open he will double that.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 01:30:05 AM

Yeah that's Entropia Universe (formerly Project Entropia).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Man sues Second Life creator over terminated account  
Jump to: