Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:23:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Activision to acquire Guitar Hero publisher RedOctane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Activision to acquire Guitar Hero publisher RedOctane  (Read 4103 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:46 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:39:42 AM

Shit shit shit. That is no good. Red Octane should stay the fuck away from any publisher.

On that note, I guess they could do guitar versions of some of the classic Activision game themes. Oh WAIT, my mistake, Activision's classic gaming library is total shit. What are they gonna rock the fuck out to? Fucking Radical Rex? Maybe some Pitfall: Mayan Adventure up in that motherfucker.

Goddamnit.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:10:00 AM

Here are the details of the acquisition from Activision's 10-Q filing:

On June 6, 2006, we completed our acquisition of 100% of RedOctane, Inc. (“RedOctane”) for an aggregate accounting purchase price of $99.9 million including transaction costs, consisting of $30.9 million in cash and 2,382,077 shares of Activision common stock valued at approximately $30.0 million based upon prevailing market prices, and $39.0 million payable in Activision common stock within two years of the closing date, which is recorded in other liabilities. In addition, i n the event the net income of the business over a certain period of time exceeds certain target levels by certain amounts, certain former shareholders of RedOctane will be entitled to an additional amount of up to $51.0 million payable in shares of Activision common stock. The contingent consideration will be recorded as an additional element of the purchase price if those contingencies are resolved. Based in Sunnyvale, California, RedOctane is a publisher, developer, and distributor of interactive entertainment software, hardware and accessories. RedOctane offers its interactive entertainment products in versions that operate on the PS2, Xbox, and PC. RedOctane’s leading software product offering is Guitar Hero for the PS2. RedOctane also designs, manufactures, and markets high quality video game peripherals and accessories. This acquisition will provide Activision with an early leadership position in music-based gaming, which the company expects will be one of the fastest growing genres in the coming years.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 04:54:31 PM

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 04:57:54 PM by Stray »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:21:25 PM

I'm assuming you are referring to MTV's planned acquisition of Harmonix (I don't read login protected NYT pages)? They are the developer of Guitar Hero -- Red Octane is the publisher. Different companies.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 05:45:15 PM

Ah, I see.

Sorry about the login thing. Got the link from Google...It worked through there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Activision to acquire Guitar Hero publisher RedOctane  
Jump to: