Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Warcraft coming to the big screen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warcraft coming to the big screen  (Read 13557 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 08, 2006, 11:47:10 PM

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:54:18 PM

I'm sorry, did that say live action?  Seriously?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:57:11 PM

That's what the article says, yes.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 12:01:30 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:57:48 AM

Awesome, live action Warcraft.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:40:20 AM

Looks like "Plan 9 From Outerspace" could have a contender for worst movie of all time.  The costumes certainly fit the genre.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:47:55 AM

I've always thought they should do an animated series of it.  Would've been interesting.

But live action?  Movie?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:21:39 AM

The red-haired woman's enormous erection scares me.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:55 AM

Blizzard consistantly does some of the best CGI movies there are for thier game intro's, trailers, cutscenes, you-name-it, why the fuck would they go and make a LIVE ACTION movie?

I would totally enjoy a 90 or 105 minute action packed CGI fest from them set in the Warcraft World.  I can not see a live action movie being anything more than medioce in the same setting (I know they are thinking Lord of the Rings, but the odds say they will end up with Dungeons and Dragons).

Dumb decision I think.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 08:13:37 AM

I cannot wait to see the credits to see who they get to play Leggolas, Drizzzt, Smackmywilly and Bigchesty.

Better to do an extended CGI and go straight to DVD with an embedded 14 day free trial client.

But, I guess they are gonna do some large sucky thing and we get to gaze in amazement at the freaks who will camp out for opening night.

Zipper Zee - space noob
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 12:45:21 AM

Blizzard consistantly does some of the best CGI movies there are for thier game intro's, trailers, cutscenes, you-name-it, why the fuck would they go and make a LIVE ACTION movie?

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's just a little bit insane.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 06:47:36 AM

Needs more Boll.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 10:16:45 AM

So, do you think they will just film it with the MST3K bot silhouettes on the screen, or will they have to do that post-production?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Catalan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 03:56:50 AM

I can just watch again and again the Mark of Chaos cinematic trailer and leave the cardboard swords to Mr. Boll

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/773/773711/vids_1.html
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 09:31:52 PM

Cosplay scares me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sunbury
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 10:39:07 AM

A WoW movie would kick ass if they had the balls to make it a comedy.

Make it live action (or CGI), but either have the characters making comments about players controlling them, or talking like players do in text, quoting stats, etc.

I guess too many of the jokes would only be funny to WoW players though.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 01:38:00 AM

I heard the script starts with a funeral being attacked and everyone dying....

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 11:20:57 AM

But, I guess they are gonna do some large sucky thing and we get to gaze in amazement at the freaks who will camp out for opening night.

We need to carry signs that say "Theatre is full.  Position in Queue: 247.  Estimated time: 138 minutes."
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:17:30 PM

Batman Begins and Superman Returns are quality, I can't see the producers going from that to Dungeons and Dragons and Marlon Wayans.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 05:48:32 PM

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 05:53:15 PM

That guy's an idiot.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:43 PM

A WoW movie would kick ass if they had the balls to make it a comedy.

GS: So what type of movie are you shooting for?
(snip)
PS: I say Braveheart. I think Braveheart is an epic, big, gorgeous, wonderful tale, and it's full of conflict and intrigue and all sort of things going on and you learn to love these characters or hate others--kind of what we've tried to build with this universe already. So we joke around internally that we want to fall somewhere between Braveheart and Lord of the Rings.

Dammit.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 09:36:32 PM

The problem with makeing a WoW movie a comedy, would be that it could too easily turn out like a WoW based version of the DnD movie.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 21, 2006, 05:54:06 AM

The problem with makeing a WoW movie a comedy, would be that it could too easily turn out like a WoW based version of the DnD movie.
I am surprised you think it will anything but a WoW based version of the DnD movie.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 12:47:39 PM

I am surprised you think it will anything but a WoW based version of the DnD movie.

D&D didn't have any boobs.*

*No, Waynes brothers don't count.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 12:52:24 PM

D&D didn't have any boobs.*

*No, Waynes brothers don't count.

Thora Birch is impressively endowed in that department, actually. I can't remember if there was any cleavage shots in D&D though, since I removed my eyeballs with my soda straw about 15 minutes into it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 08:04:56 PM

Thora Birch is impressively endowed in that department, actually. I can't remember if there was any cleavage shots in D&D though, since I removed my eyeballs with my soda straw about 15 minutes into it.
f13 by braille?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 09:25:45 AM

f13 by braille?

I would prefer Thora Birch by braille!  evil

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 10:18:37 AM

What's the budget and who's directing?  I'll refrain from stating an opinion until I know these things.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 01:20:18 PM

What's the budget and who's directing?  I'll refrain from stating an opinion until I know these things.

And neither of these things are known. But really, I'm not sure Jesus himself could direct a live-action WoW film and not have it feel very cheesy.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 02:17:24 PM

Read that article above. Just the way they're going about it is enough to state an opinion. The film will be run by a commitee of dorks with the mental capacity of a twelve year old (just one 12 year old). "I want it to be like Braveheart!"

Chris Metzen will probably be involved, but still, it's usually a bad sign when someone starts talking about what a film will be when all they have is a title, a gimmick, and some borrowed cinematic impressions (and not a script first). This is similar to how ideas like "Face Off" and "Torque" come about. Or sequels in general.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 12:47:43 PM

I am assuming that by being like Braveheart they mean scope of the movie.  Bravehearts battles were RAD- fuck you if you disagree.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 03:17:15 PM

I'm not knocking Braveheart or it's fight scenes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 03:26:23 PM

I'm not knocking Braveheart or it's fight scenes.

My angst was general angst, without direction.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 03:56:21 PM

From the interview Pual says:

And specifically, from a relationship perspective, their top guy, a guy named Thomas Tull [Legendary's CEO], he and I just meshed like nobody's business. I mean, just really, really meshed.

Translation- "Tom! Why do I always have to sleep in the wet spot huh?"
 shocked

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Warcraft coming to the big screen  
Jump to: