Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Dissension - 30th May for sale, queues from 1st June 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dissension - 30th May for sale, queues from 1st June  (Read 3907 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 07, 2006, 11:54:41 AM

And bah, because I'll miss the entire launch week as I'm in Athens at the time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:58:54 AM

That's rough.  I feel for you. 

Anyone not in Greece want to get an informal draft going?  My interest in Magic has waned lately (along with the size of my wallet) but I'd still like to draft the complete set a few times. 
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:26:05 PM

Greece? If so, I HATE YOU.

Also, I heard/read Meteora is a nice place to take a day-trip to (or is it weekend? I forget the distance from Athens).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 02:50:06 AM

Also, it's Rally of Greece week that week, just sayin.

Not sure what's in range or what I'm doing while I'm there at the moment - lacking a Loney Planet as yet.

In related news, reason number 1264 that I am *so* hard done by is the participation avatar for DIS, which I shall now have to buy...

Momir Vig

H+0 L+4

X, Discard a card : Put a token into play that is a copy of a random creature card with CMC X.

By random creature it means randomly selected creature from the entire back catalogue of MTGO.

Now normally I hate Vanguard with the passion of a thousand burning suns. However, Momir Vig+60 land sounds like a format in itself.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 11:14:29 AM

As previously noted....

Quote from: THE VOICE BEHIND THE CURTAIN
On Tuesday, May 30th at 9:00 am PST, Dissension goes on sale in the Magic Online store.

NOTE: Dissension becomes legal in ALL Constructed formats the day it goes on sale (May 30). All casual rooms and constructed queues will use Dissension starting on May 30. Constructed Premier events will not run until June 5 and will use Dissension starting on that date.

Dissension Release events begin Thursday, June 1 and will have 4 components:

Release Leagues
Draft Queues
Premier Event Flights (2x and 4x Prizes)
Release Championships (2x and 4x)

Dissension Release Leagues

SIGNUP: June 1, 9:00am – June 8, 8:00am (the final 1 week, 2x league will start no later than 8AM on June 7). Release Leagues will have a maximum of 256 players each and will auto-spawn (as soon as a league reaches 256 players, another will begin registration).

LEAGUE DURATION: 1 week

PRODUCT: 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Tournament Pack and 3 Dissension Booster Packs.

ADMISSION: 2 Tix, Product

PRIZE SUPPORT: 2x prizes, Participation Avatar: Momir Vig; Records of 5-0 get Prize Avatar: Lyzolda.

Avatars will be distributed Approx. 3 weeks after the last league concludes

NOTE: The regularly schedule downtime will still take place on Thursday, June 8 at 8:00 am PST. Plan your league games accordingly as no compensation will be issued if you lose a game due to the servers going down for maintenance.

Dissension Draft Queues

QUEUES BEGIN: June 1, 11:00 am.

FORMATS: Booster Draft

PRODUCT: 3 Dissension Boosters, or 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Booster, 1 Guildpact Booster, and 1 Dissension Booster.

ADMISSION: 2 Tix, Product

PRIZE SUPPORT: 4-3-2-2 and 8-4

Dissension Premier Events (2x Flights)

DURATION: June 1, 1:00 pm – June 7 9:00 pm (last starts at 9 pm). 2x Flights will have 32 players per flight and will start every hour, on the hour. Each flight will have a minimum of 24 players, maximum of 32 players.

PRODUCT: 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Tournament Pack and 3 Dissension Booster Packs, top 8 booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Booster, 1 Guildpact Booster, and 1 Dissension Booster.

ADMISSION: 2 Tix, Product (Events that start between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am will be "Nix Tix events and require 0 event tickets)

PRIZE SUPPORT: 2x Prizes, Top 8

Place    Boosters
1    24
2    18
3-4    12
5-8    4

All who participate in a 2x Prize Premier Event Flight will get the Momir Vig avatar. Top 2 will get a Lyzolda avatar. In addition, the 1st place finisher will qualify for the Dissension Release Event 2x Championship on Saturday, June 10 @ 8:00 am PDT.

Dissension Premier Events (4x Flights)

DURATION: June 1, 1:00 pm – June 7, 9:00 pm (last starts at 9pm). 4x Flights start every 3 hours. Each flight will have a minimum of 24 players, maximum of 128 players.

PRODUCT: 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Tournament Pack and 3 Dissension Booster Packs, top 8 booster draft. The booster draft format will be 1 Ravnica, City of Guilds Booster, 1 Guildpact Booster, and 1 Dissension Booster.

ADMISSION: 4 Tix, Product (Events that start between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am will require 2 event tickets)

PRIZE SUPPORT: 4x Prizes, Manual Pay to Top 16 (Prizes for 9-16 place will be paid out within 72 hours of event completion)

Place    Boosters
1    48
2    36
3-4    24
5-8    12
9-16    6

All who participate in a 4x Prize Premier Event Flight will get the Momir Vig avatar. Top 4 will get a Lyzolda avatar. In addition, the top 8 finishers will qualify for the Dissension Release Event 4x Championship on Saturday, June 10 @ 12:00 pm PDT.

Dissension Release Event 2x Championship

START TIME: June 10, 8:00 am PST

ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)

PRIZE SUPPORT: 6x, Manual pay to Top 64

Place    Boosters
1    72
2    54
3-4    36
5-8    18
9-16    12
17-32    6
33-64    3

The winner of the Championship will also receive a complete set of Magic Online Premium Dissension cards.

Second place will receive a complete set of regular Magic Online Dissension cards.

Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Championship event, players not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Championship either before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).

Dissension Release Event 4x Championship

START TIME: June 10, 12:00 pm PST

ADMISSION: FREE – (No Tix, No Product, Invitation only)

PRIZE SUPPORT: 6x, Manual pay to Top 64

Place    Boosters
1    72
2    54
3-4    36
5-8    18
9-16    12
17-32    6
33-64    3

The winner of the Championship will also receive a complete set of Magic Online Premium Dissension cards.

Second place will receive a complete set of regular Magic Online Dissension cards.

Although players may have multiple accounts qualified for the Championship event, players not permitted to have more than 1 of their accounts entered in the event. Players are not permitted to have secondary accounts played by another person. If a player is discovered to have more than 1 account playing in the Championship either before, during, or after the event, appropriate penalties will be applied (including disqualification from the event with no refund of product or event tickets).
Important information regarding system crashes and refunds for Premier Events

If during your event the system crashes, 1 of 3 things will happen:

The system will come right back up. In this case:
          * Events will continue and additional time will be given to allow players to finish the event
          * No Compensation will be given

The system cannot recover the event and "finishes" (prematurely ends) the event, or a WOTC Tournament Coordinator must "finish" (prematurely end) the event.
          * We will accept the prize payouts "as is" - This means that whatever prize payouts and invites the system awards, we will not change what the system does.
          * No changes will be made to these events from what the system automatically pays out as prizes or invitations

If the event is in TOP 8:
          * No product or tickets will be refunded
          * All players keep the product used to enter the event as well as the drafted cards from the TOP 8 draft.

If the event is still in Swiss Rounds:
          * Players can request a refund through Customer Service.
          * We will refund your Product and tickets.

The event is cleared or cancelled by the system. If an event is cancelled this means the event can no longer be viewed in the premier event listings.
          * The system will automatically refund your tickets.
          * Players can request a refund through Customer Service.
          * We will refund your Product.

SEARCH

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:43:58 AM

Greece? If so, I HATE YOU.

Also, I heard/read Meteora is a nice place to take a day-trip to (or is it weekend? I forget the distance from Athens).

Just sayin'

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 05:28:10 PM

Oh, I hate you with the power of a thousand suns.  cry

Excellent pictures though.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Dissension - 30th May for sale, queues from 1st June  
Jump to: