Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Del Toro presses play on "Sundown" game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Del Toro presses play on "Sundown" game  (Read 3007 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: May 05, 2006, 09:16:25 PM

From the Hollywood Reporter via Yahoo/Reuters:

Del Toro presses play on "Sundown" game

Fri May 5, 5:13 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Mexican director Guillermo del Toro is helping to develop a video game in which players will have to survive an apocalypse that leaves a world infected with zombies and other potentially fatal horrors.

He has partnered on "Sundown" with Terminal Reality, home of the BloodRayne franchise, which originated the property and will develop the game for next-generation platforms.

Del Toro, who described himself as a lifelong avid gamer, said he did want merely to attach his name to the game.

"I believe in the next 10 years, narrative media is going to shift to a hybrid of video games and movies," he said. "This is a great opportunity for me to help be a bridge to what I believe is the future."

Players will start as a typical person on an average day. As everything goes terribly wrong, in order to survive they must learn to form alliances with various beings and to change their role as each new challenge calls for different abilities.

"We want to create a real beginning, middle and end to the game and to each set piece of the game too," said del Toro, who owns the television and movie rights. "I want to make some of the atmospheric elements in the game very, very scary."

Del Toro's directing credits include "Hellboy" and its upcoming sequel, as well as "Blade II," "Mimic" and "Cronos."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:31:26 AM

Del Toro is teh pwn.  As I understand it, he was told he had to cast either The Rock or Vin Diesel as Hellboy.  Since he knew that would suck ass, and really wanted Perlman in the part, he basically called off the movie until the studio relented.

Also, he gets points just for "Look at that guy!  He looks like fucking Michael Bolton!" during the Blade II deleted scenes commentary.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Del Toro presses play on "Sundown" game  
Jump to: