Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: visibility 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: visibility  (Read 1534 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: May 02, 2006, 09:11:43 AM

Does anybody understand this skill? The way I read it, when you sell things nobody can see them on the market unless they're at station with you, until you train this skill. Is that right?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:24 AM

Not quite. This is so that you can play a Buy Order (a standing order) that is fillable from X number of jumps. This is why we have to go pickup all the deliveries from various stations when people sell us mins - because the person who sold it to us was at that station at that time... but the original Buy Order originated in our main station.

This means folks 5 jumps away (2 in our case, I think) can sell us stuff without having to come to our station specifically to sell it to us.

- Viin
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:32:23 AM

Sort of.

Visibility applies to Remote Buy Orders. When you're in-station placing an order, you can just set the range. When you're placing an order at another station (using another skill to allow remote buying), you need this skill if you want the range to be greater than 'station'.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:07:35 AM

I gotcha. So if I'm using remote procurement to place remote buy orders centered at stations far away from me, I can use visibility to make those remote buy orders have a range of greater than station.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 01:45:16 PM

Bingo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: visibility  
Jump to: