Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash  (Read 4039 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: May 02, 2006, 07:49:13 AM

Entropia players can make ATM withdrawals of their ingame money.

Quote from: NYTimes
  • n Tuesday, the makers of "Entropia Universe," a popular online science-fiction game, are introducing a real-world ATM card that will let players instantly to withdraw hard cash automatically converted from their virtual game treasury. So a player with, say, 2,000 spare PEDs (Project Entropia Dollars) left over after purchasing a new laser rifle in the game could withdraw $200 and take a date to a real-life ballgame.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:50:40 AM

Whu?

Huh?

Noooooo.

Taxes?

How do I even respond to this?

/shudder
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:05:40 AM

Quote from: NYTimes
  • n Tuesday, the makers of "Entropia Universe," a popular online science-fiction game, are introducing a real-world ATM card that will let players instantly to withdraw hard cash automatically converted from their virtual game treasury. So a player with, say, 2,000 spare PEDs (Project Entropia Dollars) left over after purchasing a new laser rifle in the game could withdraw $200 and take a date to a real-life ballgame.
This has to be fictional.  Implying that any of these people would withdraw cash for a date proves it.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:57 AM

This has to be fictional.  Implying that any of these people would withdraw cash for a date proves it.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:38:15 AM

Jesus.  Is this a reputable bank they're working with?  Or is it just hype?  Namely, I can log in via a browser and "pay" (transfer) funds to anyone with an account already set up.  Is that all they're doing?  I won't PE and don't know if they include a browser like EVE. 

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:52:15 AM

I swear that game is nothing more than the PR they get once every six months.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 08:55:26 AM

Holy shit.

This can't be possible.  I must learn to code!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:19:56 AM

Good luck to anyone trying to withrdraw.

A friend and I put in a miniscule amount of money once (we played it long enough that it was cheaper than any current MMO), got lucky on a few loots, and still haven't seen our cash a year and a half later.  Of course the balance is zero on the character and customer service never responds.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

That's exactly the negative factor this ATM feature is supposed to address.

Methinks this should turn out to be funny.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 01:10:30 PM

Good luck to anyone trying to withrdraw.

A friend and I put in a miniscule amount of money once (we played it long enough that it was cheaper than any current MMO), got lucky on a few loots, and still haven't seen our cash a year and a half later.  Of course the balance is zero on the character and customer service never responds.

Um, fraud?

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 07:45:46 PM

Quite possible.  It really wasn't worth pursuing a tiny claim on a foreign company though.  Considering we went into it expecting to burn all the cash on ammo in the first place, we simply accepted it as "lessoned learned, don't put more in".

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 09:33:16 AM

If this worked, it would be a great way to launder drug money. 

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 04:00:05 PM

If this worked, it would be a great way to launder drug money. 

Oh man! The forum is full of good ideas today! I mean err... NDA

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 04:09:53 PM

Now Chinese farmers don't have to go through pains of selling gold, they can just withdraw it from ATM.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash  
Jump to: