Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:33:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10.2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.10.2  (Read 5706 times)
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

on: May 02, 2006, 04:51:05 AM

General
- Guild Recruitment channel functionality has been improved to be
  turned off for players already in guilds, and turned on for players
  not in guilds by default.
- Fixed a bug which caused players to drop from combat after
  destroying a totem.
- Fixed a soft-lock bug that occurred under certain conditions when
  players were near ships, zeppelins, elevators, and the Deeprun Tram.

Mages
- Arcane Power: This aura will no longer stack with Power Infusion.
  If you use it, Arcane Power's aura will replace Power Infusion's
  aura.
- Ignite should now proc correctly when landing a critical strike with
  a fire spell.

Paladins
- Holy Shock will now be guaranteed to crit when used offensively
  while Divine Favor is active.
- Eye for an Eye will now properly produce its damage effect on the
  attacking caster.

Priests
- Inner Fire: Rank 3 will no longer have charges consumed when Power
  Word: Shield is active.
- Power Infusion: This aura will no longer stack with Arcane Power.
  If you attempt to cast it on someone with Arcane Power, the spell
  will fail.
- Starshards: Ranks 1 and 2 inadvertently received too much bonus
  from spell damage, while Rank 7 received no bonus from spell damage. Each of those ranks are now fixed to receive the correct bonus.

Rogues
- Fixed a bug which prevented Vanish from working properly under
  certain conditions.
- Seal Fate will now correctly provide a bonus combat point upon
  landing a critical strike.

Warlocks
- Improved Shadow Bolt will now proc properly after landing a critical
  strike with Shadow Bolt.

Warriors
- Rage generated from Unbridled Wrath and Shield Specialization will
  now display properly in the combat log.

Mac
- Fixed a client crash caused by weather effects when running OS

World Environment
- Players should no longer become dismounted while riding through
  certain areas of the Undercity.
- Fixed a number of clipping issues and awkward turns discovered
  throughout various chained flight paths.
- Certain creatures in Eastern Plaguelands weren't providing
  reputation gain with the Argent Dawn. This has been fixed.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:01 AM

Unless it got fixed, there is an unlisted nerf to hunters.  Feign Death + Trap no longer works in PvP as feign takes you 3-5 seconds to be removed from combat.

Devs have stated this is an unintentional bug, (so don't rejoice quite yet.) and they will get around to fixing it in a later patch.

Tinfoil hat sez: they want to see if it does gimp hunters as bad as hunters claim it will, and calling it a bug deflects most of the rage & vitrol.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
fatboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:16:41 AM

- Guild Recruitment channel functionality has been improved to be
  turned off for players already in guilds, and turned on for players
  not in guilds by default.

Great idea.....unfortunately, at least on my server, most idiotic guilds use the General Chat to spam their recruitment messages.......

If you don't want to hear the answer -- don't ask the question.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:24:26 AM

The biggest weakest to this game - perhaps the only one - is its own gaming community.  Seems they are taking some steps to address this.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:57:01 AM

The biggest weakest to this game - perhaps the only one - is its own gaming community.  Seems they are taking some steps to address this.

There is some precedent of success in this.  See Earth and Beyond, AC2, Shadowbane.

/rimshot

edited to add:
Speaking as someone with a hunter I play regularly, I would not cry if they remove the ability to do the feign trap thing.  It's clearly unintended and cheesy. In most cases the toon doesn't even seem to drop, it just makes the die sound and suddenly you're in an ice block.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:06:24 AM by Jayce »

Witty banter not included.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 11:43:26 AM

I have always hated the cheesieness of feign + instatrap (i have a level 40+ hunter alt and i STILL think it is cheese).

I had two solutions i could think of to fix the problem:

1: Give all traps a 1 second cast time.  It just shouldnt be right that someone can drop a trap INSTANTLY and WHILE MOVING

2: if you are going to make traps instant, force them to be a consumable (similar to mana stones / soulshards).  Hunter makes X traps before hand, they stack in lots of 5 or something, and every time he drops one it uses it up).

Either way would work for me (though i would prefer option 1), but as it stands now instant traps are way to overpowered.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:55:37 PM

Do you know how annoying it is to be fighting a hunter as a warrior, get hit with scatter shot (for which there is no counter), and watch as the hunter struggles to get out of combat range?

I finally get control of myself, go to charge/intercept, only to see the hunter flop onto the ground like he was shot, and see myself freeze right as I get up in his face.

I once got hit with 3 freeze traps in a single fight by a hunter once. That was annoying.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 09:18:53 AM

I once got hit with 3 freeze traps in a single fight by a hunter once. That was annoying.

At that point you're immune to it, though.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 10:14:15 AM

Immune with not very many hps left.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
fatboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 10:25:26 AM

Immune with not very many hps left.

....or dead.....maybe that is why you are immune to it .....  <grin>

If you don't want to hear the answer -- don't ask the question.
Strazos

Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 09:29:05 PM

My point exactly.

That diminishing returns nerf? Fucking Useless.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 12:17:20 PM

The reason they're not nerfing the FD+trap thing is simply that FD is a core hunter ability and -- without ice traps -- almost completely ass useless in PvP. Hunters need tools to get out of melee, and we've only got a few -- wingclip (sucks compared to hamstring and crippling poison, which means we're still stuck in range), Cheetah --- 3 second stun on damage, including DoTs and now campfires, ScatterShot which has to be specced for (21 pt talent), freezing and frost traps (must be placed out of combat), Intimidate (3 second stun, 21 point BM talent and requires a living pet on your target) and Feign Death.

Concussion shot helps keep them at range, though -- and Cheetah helps kite.

The only two which work even remotely in PvP are Scattershot and FD/Ice trap -- and the latter only works against those who don't have the mod to reacquire a FD's hunter automatically and continue beating on him. Intimidate doesn't last long enough and half the time your pet is dead, so I mainly use it on healers and runners.

I don't use FD/trap myself, nor do I have Scattershot. I really can't think of a way to integrate FD into PvP in a workable fashion, so I'm guessing the FD/trap thing is going to stay as a way for a hunter to try to break for range, unless Blizzard decides that there should be no real counter to someone managing to close in melee. Personally, they could remove the FD/trap ability if they'd turn off the stuns for Cheetah and I'd call it a good deal for Hunters.
Strazos

Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:33 PM

First of all, Wingclip reduces movements speed by 40% max, while hamstring onyl does 50% max. Also, wingclip is a lot cheaper for a Hunter to use than hamstring is for a warrior.

And, as much as I hate FD+freeze trap, removing the daze part of cheetah aspect would be overpowering - there would be almost no way to keep a hunter in melee range short of a root spell, which is hard to come by for a warrior.

Fear the Backstab!
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 10:12:37 AM

Wingclip does reduce your speed by 40%, but it's also shorter duration than Hamstring, and if they've both snared each other the Hunter won't get to range. It's a moot point there. I'll agree with you that FD/Freeze is cheesy, but at the same time it's pretty much the only way to get range other than one of three 21-point talents on a lengthy cooldown.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 10:45:59 AM

I don't use the FD/trap thing much at all.  Hmm maybe this is why I suck at pvp!

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 10:51:27 AM

First of all, Wingclip reduces movements speed by 40% max, while hamstring onyl does 50% max. Also, wingclip is a lot cheaper for a Hunter to use than hamstring is for a warrior.

And, as much as I hate FD+freeze trap, removing the daze part of cheetah aspect would be overpowering - there would be almost no way to keep a hunter in melee range short of a root spell, which is hard to come by for a warrior.

Druids and shamans get it -- that's why every flag on earth seems to be run by druids and shamans in travel form, and they get rooted well enough -- not by warriors, but PvP is so rarely 1v1.  Plus, hamstring a Hunter and Cheetah won't help as much. It'll give him a chance, but not much. If he wing clips back he MIGHT make it to range for one shot -- but will take two or three good blows from the Warrior in the process. Of course, once there, it's kite city -- a warrior would need to charge and get lucky. On the other hand, we have to be standing still do do real damage.

I'm going back and forth of the validity of removing the stun from Cheetah. Then there's Pack to consider -- if you were under Pack from a fellow hunter, then the speed bonus is negated and you're back to square one -- Hunters to counter Hunters.

Then again, in PvE I do the FD/drop trap thing all the time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10.2  
Jump to: