Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: FYI Selling training enhancements 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FYI Selling training enhancements  (Read 2566 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: June 10, 2004, 01:31:18 PM

A few weeks ago, we discovered that selling training enhancements was supposed to be more profitable when sold to the basic trainers in Atlas Park or Galaxy City. This is not the case. I tested this theory out yesterday and found that the trainer in Skyway City, the one by Mynx, will actually give the most influence (or more than you'd get in Atlas or Galaxy). FYI.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 01:38:23 PM

I was under the impression that it was a trainer who sold the particular enh you had offered the most.  I.e. sell mutant DO's at a place that sells mutant DO's.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:40:21 PM

I experimented with selling a DO the other day- my origin Store (mutant/magic) would pay about 1972 for this particular DO; I took it to the natural store (it was a natural/something DO) and got like 3700 for it. So it seems that DOs are worth carting all over Hell's half acre, but training enhancements are not.

Edit- Murgos posted the same info as I was composing this magnum opus.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 01:44:00 PM

Don't you benefit most by selling training enhancements at the Freedom Corps store in....Talos, was it? The one that sells 25+ training enhancements.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 01:59:16 PM

I was talking about training enhancements. DO's you definitely want to sell at the store that fits their origin.

I don't know about the Talos Island store, I haven't been to that zone yet.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 02:34:43 PM

I will double check, (and i am pretty sure this was posted somewhere else on the boards a few weeks back):

Found it here, you wil have to scroll down a bit, since I do not know how to  direct link to a specific post in a topic.

Best Prices:

Training Enhancers:
Trainers in Galaxy/Atlas : 40% value
Freedom Corps Basic Training (Skyway, Steel Canyon): 50% value
Freedom Corps Special Forces (Talos, Indy Port): 50% value
Not sure on the Basic Vs Special Forces, I will Test.

DO Enhancers:
Any DO or SO shop that deals in one of the two origins on the Enhancer.
Ie, a Tech/Nat Device DO should sell for the same price at any Tech or Nat DO or SO Shop. (DO only Shops found in Skyway, and Steel Canyon):
40% for anything with their origin on it, 25% for everything else.

SO Enhancers:
At their respecitive Origin Specific Shop (Talos or Indy):
40% for anything with their origin on it, 25% for everything else

Talos is by far the easiest place to sell, (provided you can survive while getting around there) because the shops are really close by.

Many of the stores can be found along one stretch of road. If you can locate the New Thebes map pin on your map (it is the zone to the west of zone the Tram station is in):
- The Freedom Corps building is about 50 yards west of where the pin drops you
- The Magic shop (Tabitha Fabish, brick house) is just to the NW about 100 yards from the Freedom Corps Building
- The Nat Shop (Future Dynamics) is farther north up the street (maybe 300 yards?)
- The Science Shop (Demios Innovations? White building, looks kind of like a Giant U has a circular rotating sign out front) is maybe 50 or 60 yards NE of the Nat Shop.

- The Tech shop (Exarch Industries I think, building looks like a square mushroom, smaller base, with big top) is located on the south east tip of the zone that the Train station is in, between two other buildings (if you head for the Dark Astoria gate directly from the tram you should practically pass right past it).

The only one I havent memorised is the Mutatant shop, but I believe it is somewhere north of the tram.

Also of note, all the SO/DO shops appear to have the same shape.  So if you know what the Science or Mutation shop looks like, then you shouldnt have much problem spotting it when you find it.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:31:25 PM

You're right about the shops in Talos Island.

The Mutant shop is due north of the T.  It's also about due east of the natural store, up on the hill.  So it's really easy to go generic-magic-natural-science, then back up a half street and head east and hit mutant.

And the Tech store is due east of the T.

So it's all extremely convenient.

The shops in Skyway City and Independence Port are the worst distributed, so I wouldn't even both memorizing where they are.  Talos Island and Steel Canyon are pretty much all you'll need.

Bruce
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 08:22:05 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
A few weeks ago, we discovered that selling training enhancements was supposed to be more profitable when sold to the basic trainers in Atlas Park or Galaxy City. This is not the case. I tested this theory out yesterday and found that the trainer in Skyway City, the one by Mynx, will actually give the most influence (or more than you'd get in Atlas or Galaxy). FYI.

Haemish is right on the money here, but for an unusual reason - that trainer is not a 'field trainer' but a 'basic trainer', the same sort you'd find inside a Freedom Corps store. You'd get the same price (50% of base) for training enhancements you would inside a Freedom Corps store, except the only thing you need to worry about running to _her_ is an_outrun_hit_squad_001. It's a short trip with no mobs to speak of and yields great return... for training enhancements.

By the time you're getting DOs you should a) have a travel power and b) be able to trek all over Steel Canyon and Skyway City (each of which have a store for each origin) with little or no danger to yourself.

--GF
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: FYI Selling training enhancements  
Jump to: