Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  The Schild Chronicles '06  |  Topic: Day 12 [4/22/06] - Still playing Dreamfall. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Day 12 [4/22/06] - Still playing Dreamfall.  (Read 13857 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 23, 2006, 03:35:18 AM

And saw Silent Hill again.

Yea, I know. Being entertained is rough.

Discuss.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 04:52:35 AM

Discuss.

For someone who claims to like Adventure games above all else, I actually haven't given them much of a chance in....Years.

Well, except the Myst series.

And what's up with all of these new adventure games looking almost exactly alike (Longest Journey, Indigo Prophecy, Still Life, etc.)? I'm sure they're fun, but the screenshots bore the hell out of me. For some reason, 3D graphics encourage strict realism among Adventure developers, and in turn, many titles don't appear as wondrous or unique as the older games before them.

Then again, I'm sure there's some Text Adventure fanatic out there who would say the same thing about 2D. That Graphics in general have ruined everything.

Oh well.

/rant (discussion?) off
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 05:06:09 AM

You should really play the 3 games you listed. And Dreamfall. And from what I've messed with, Scratches as well. This new age of adventure games is much better than the last (imo). Yea, sure, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Maniac Mansion and so on had their day. But their day is long fucking gone. Streamlined storytelling and cinematic gameplay is where it's at. Word to your mother.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 08:28:21 AM

I'm going to buy Dreamfall soonish, as soon as I think I've played Oblivion enough to justify the 50 bucks I spent on it.

Just curious; what anti-copy software do the Dreamfal DVDs have? Are they 'dangerous' ala starforce? Need we be concerned? If so, what can we do to prevent hardware failure?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 02:32:28 PM

Securom. NOCD already out and working. It's funny, I buy probably 50% of the releases that come out (across the board) and my least favorite thing in the world is swapping discs. Piracy protection truly does nothing but piss off legitamate purchases.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:13:55 PM

Is it on a console? If so, which one(s)?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 08:40:36 PM

Xbox and errrr, Xbox.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 09:16:22 PM

Xbox and errrr, Xbox.

Damnit! I forgot that XBox version was coming out first. *sigh* Okay, I am pre-ordering the PC version tomorrow then. So disappointed...

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 09:20:14 PM

Huh? Preordering? Wha? It's out. Just go buy it.

As for the PC version, the european ones have Starforce. Also, they have a limited edition version at Funcom.com that consists of some of the nicest packaging I've ever seen for a game. The best part about the limited edition? Comes on a DVD instead of 6 CDs. Yes, that's a huge difference.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 09:57:12 PM

Huh? Preordering? Wha? It's out. Just go buy it.

As for the PC version, the european ones have Starforce. Also, they have a limited edition version at Funcom.com that consists of some of the nicest packaging I've ever seen for a game. The best part about the limited edition? Comes on a DVD instead of 6 CDs. Yes, that's a huge difference.

You think any video game stores will actually have a copy on their shelves? The last time I walked into EBGames, they had 5... yes, 5 PC games in the entire store. Ah well, Target, here I come.

[edit]One more thing, since Aspyr is the publisher for the PC version, what are the odds of them getting a developer to port it to Mac sometime within the next year? I'd just like to tote it on my PowerBook with me. And no, I have not upgraded to a MacBook yet. I'm waiting for the 17" to replace my current 17". I've become somewhat attached to my laptop's screen real estate. But that's off-topic, so yeah, port to Mac plxkthx.[/edit]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 10:01:22 PM by Soukyan »

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 01:35:17 AM

Xbox and errrr, Xbox.

So regular as well as 360? good. If it's as good as you're saying it is, and made for console controls then I'll keep an eye out for it rental-wise. Not taking up 8 gig on my C drive is also a glowing recommendation for the X-Box.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 01:43:52 AM

Thanks for the warning, Schild. I really should keep up. Already canceled the European version and preordered the US one.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 02:16:08 AM

Xbox and errrr, Xbox.
So regular as well as 360? good. If it's as good as you're saying it is, and made for console controls then I'll keep an eye out for it rental-wise. Not taking up 8 gig on my C drive is also a glowing recommendation for the X-Box.

Does not work on the 360 yet. I meant just the original Xbox.

Tebonas, yea, if I were you, I'd never buy the European version of any game ever again. Your shit is covered in starforce.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  The Schild Chronicles '06  |  Topic: Day 12 [4/22/06] - Still playing Dreamfall.  
Jump to: