Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Additional character slots this Summer for $9.99 US (or equivalent) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Additional character slots this Summer for $9.99 US (or equivalent)  (Read 11132 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: April 21, 2006, 05:39:24 PM

From their front page: http://www.guildwars.com/

Character Slots Offered                    20 April 2006
We are happy to announce that you will be able purchase additional character slots for your Guild Wars account beginning this summer for $9.99 U.S. (or equivalent). Each new slot will enable you to add a new character to your account with full access to all of the content your current characters enjoy. We'll have more details to share soon!   
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 03:39:54 PM

Stupid.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 04:30:28 PM

Lifted from Final Fantasy XI with a one time fee instead of monthly. Makes sense given the game has no monthly fee.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 02:29:19 PM

I understand this for some games, but I don't get it for Guild Wars.  It takes no effort to delete a PvP character and make a totally different one, and there's really not much reason to go through the PvE game more than once.  It's not really a game lends itself to alts.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:13 PM

How many characters can you have as standard?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 09:00:12 PM

How many characters can you have as standard?
The simplified answer is 4 or 6. Here's the more complicated answer from the Factions FAQ:
Will there be additional character slots on my existing account, if I purchase Guild Wars Factions?
A Factions account offers 4 slots that provide access to the Cantha only, just as Guild Wars (the original Prophecies campaign) offers 4 slots for access to Tyria. If you choose to link your Prophecies and Factions accounts, you will have a total of 6 character slots, and all characters will be able to access to all areas of the map.
The Factions "campaign" is a stand alone game (sort of like how CoV works) which is why there's this slot distinction.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:51:56 AM

I understand this for some games, but I don't get it for Guild Wars.  It takes no effort to delete a PvP character and make a totally different one, and there's really not much reason to go through the PvE game more than once.  It's not really a game lends itself to alts.
It's not for PvP chars.  If this had been available last summer, I would have bought a couple slots.  And if factions get me interested, I still may.  For a game with no subs and if you like to play the PvE, its a great deal.  Just think about how little you get in MTGO for 10 dollars.

(crap, how did I miss this thread all weekend)

"Me am play gods"
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 06:33:29 PM

But even then, you get 3 slots for RP characters and one for PvP.  That leaves you able to explore every profession in the PvE game, if you appropriately select primaries and secondaries.

Is there really a demand to play through the PvE that much?  I never noticed it.  I certainly could be wrong, though.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 08:42:25 PM

I know what you're saying.  The PvE is not for people like us. But kids without credit cards lap this shit up.

Hardcore guilds change builds constantly.  They'll want a bunch slots to make it easier. SO, disregard my statments to the contrary in my last post.

If I get back into game, I'd grab a few extra slots to put a few builds I use often.  It's a convenience thing, not needed.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Additional character slots this Summer for $9.99 US (or equivalent)  
Jump to: